1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do You Drink?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MusicIsLife, Aug 21, 2012.

?

Do You Drink?

1. I'm underage but I don't drink

20 vote(s)
    14.7%
  2. I'm underage but I do drink

18 vote(s)
    13.2%
  3. I'm legal and I don't drink

37 vote(s)
    27.2%
  4. I'm legal and I do drink

61 vote(s)
    44.9%
  1. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I don't drink. The idea of willingly doing something that would give me less control over my behavior and metal faculties has zero appeal to me, as I'm very defensive of my autonomy, physical and mental. There's also the fact that alcoholism runs in both sides of my family, so I'd really rather not risk it. I drink water most of the time, anyway, so that frees me up to consider soda a celebratory beverage. So whenever I go out to "have a good time," that's what I order: soda. In other words, soda is my anti-drug. :slight_smile:

2. Level75

I do drink occasionally. I'd say once every two weeks. I know my body enough to know when I think I've had enough. But to be honest, I don't even enjoy doing it all that much. It's more of a "When in Rome..." thing for when I go to a bar.

3. RueBea85

RueBea85 Guest

I'm of legal age as well, and I have never really drank a whole lot, and I don't really desire to drink a whole lot either. I've only been drunk about 5 times and I hardly ever go out to drink. I do drink occasionally, like on New Year's and the odd time with my friends, but other than that it doesn't really interest me.

4. julia

Very, very rarely. I turn 21 in two months though so that might change. I don't do parties though, but the occasional drink at a restaurant seems nice.

5. needshelp

i drink but not like that. haven't had a drink since january 1st. for some reason, the taste of most alcoholic drinks don't do it for me at all. the only drinks i like to mess with are the ones which are fruity tasting, sugary like like jack daniels and hypnotiq. anything else, i'm not a fan of. vodka and coronas taste the worst even when you mix them with something else.

6. Jared

I'm 18 and don't drink and really don't have a desire to drink. I have no problem wih people drinkin, but a lot of people in my family are alcoholics so I have a predisposition to be an alcoholic and I don't want to chance it.

7. NicoleV96

NicoleV96 Guest

I'm not of age, so I don't drink. I've tried a sip of beer and a sip of wine, just out of curiosity, and, not with friends or behind adults backs, I was watched, and it was probably like an ounce of beer and an ounce of wine. I didn't like either. I'd rather have soda or apple juice, or something kid friendly, rather than alcohol, it doesn't interest me. Even when I am of age, I won't have any desire to drink, because, it's just so foul tasting to me.

8. Tetraquark

Tetraquark Guest

I'm still underage and don't drink. I doubt I'll start drinking when I turn 21; my family has a history of both alcoholism and low alcohol tolerance (weird combination, yes, but true). I also can't stand the smell or the taste of most alcoholic beverages.

9. vyvance

I have a drink on occasion, but only if it tastes good (I.E. Long Island Iced Tea). Why would I want to drink a shitty tasting drink just because it is alcoholic, when I can drink something that actually tastes good?

10. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This, and also I agree with what Owen said about mental autonomy. I think we should only put things in our bodies we enjoy for what they are, not what they do for us. Alcoholism runs on one side of my family, so I don't feel like risking it either.

11. Kat kanu

i drink but not alot and only with my best friend i only tust her

12. Yougoglencoco

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well I don't really know how to answer that... I don't go out and drink with friends and stuff but I will sometimes have a drink at home but only something weak. Although I did get drunk once at a family thing because it was full of old people and it was the only fun thing to do but that was actually the first and only time i got drunk...

13. DarkClarity

In the UK, the legal age is 18 and I just turned 18 in June. I did drink when I was underage and I still do now but only on occasion. I know my limits so I've never been drunk before. Its normally on special occasion and sometimes I'll have a glass of wine during dinner. I don't drink during new years because I get really depressed around that time of year.

14. fleetingwells

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I only drink occasionally. Meaning only for special events (like a wedding), or just with friends (which hasn't happened in a while, actually). I like that it calms me down some, but unfortunately, I've discovered that I also get emotional when drinking too much :rolle:

15. dl72

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't drink. Never have, never will. I don't see the point. I have nothing against my friends or people I know drink, I an always the DD, but I will not do it. They don't even ask me anymore because they know I won't no matter what they say.

16. dreamcatcher

I don't mind drinking. i don't really go out to places where people drink or hang out with people that drink a lot, so naturally, I don't drink a lot either. But if I did, I wouldn't mind drinking. I just wouldn't do it in excess since I don't want to make a drunken fool of myself or lose cognition.

17. Mackattack

Mackattack Guest

I do, but only every once in a while.

18. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh my God I feel like such an outsider right now! I had no idea there were this many people that didn't drink.

Personally I drink a lot, I just love it. And it's not even considered a bad thing where I come from. We are legally allowed to drink at 16, and everyone does it. For me it just ensures a greeeaat night. Yeah hangovers are the worst, but a good night to me is totally worth it.

But that's just me :slight_smile: I tend to overdo things a little bit.

19. Kirakishou

I can drink legally in a few months, but I have been drinking a lot ever since I've entered college.
    I've lost interest though, I only have the occasional drink now.

20. Totoro

Legal and drink socially. I enjoy having a beer because it also loosens me up at social gatherings. But it's not a necessity. I just really enjoy the taste :slight_smile:
    I turn red when I drink so I try to minimize my drinking to about 1-2 drinks.
    Also a great tip: Always have a glass of water between drinks, or have a sip of water for every sip of alcohol. Gotta keep hydrated!