1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How did you come up with your username??

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BradThePug, Aug 20, 2012.

1. SunSparks

There are really interesting! Great thread! [​IMG]

Ok, for me, its rather simple but it means a lot to me. The sun (and sky) has seriously been my inspiration for a quite a few years now. My absolute favorite part of any day is waking up to see the sun rise and the sparks through the distance illuminate the sky and the land.

2. fleetingwells

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I remember watching The Sleeper w/ Woody Allen a long time ago and thought it was a pretty funny movie. That was part of the reason why I came up w/ my username. The other part being that I just love movies that put me to sleep or give me a reason to sleep, which in itself doesn't mean that the movies I watch are boring :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I mean that movies that give me a sense of comfort, like a peaceful sleep I guess you could say.

So yeah, thus I am Sleeperflick :slight_smile:

3. Kat kanu

m nic name is kat and unchou kanu is one of my favorite anime characters so kat kanu is the name and i love it

4. I'm like, obsessed with horror movies and my name is Cierra. So why not Cierra Cadaver. :bulb:

5. Kirakishou

I'm proud to dedicate my 666th post to super idol Iori-chan. <3
    [YOUTUBE]ZNZl6Tfhl_g[/YOUTUBE]

6. Romi

My username is actually a shortened version of a different username of mine. Plus... it's the name one of my closest friends calls me. He's the only one to ever call me that. So consider yourselves, lucky. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. im not changing

mines easy.... its the only thing i could think of at the time.. and i was about to come out to my mum and i told her that im not changing :slight_smile:

8. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

I'm really into the occult and witchcraft (omg I probably have like the most boring explanation for mine...everyone has such cool reasons.. Im just like bleh..)

9. Jonathan

Jonathan - my name :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    Muzzy - Has to do with nicknames from elementary school (long story)

10. Xeno

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Xeno was a nickname that one of my friends called me and it stuck.

11. smprob

What always crept into my thoughts "soul mate problem" and shortened.

12. Andane

Well, back when my friend and I first started playing WoW together, I couldn't think of a good character name, so I just hit the name randomizer button a bunch until I found something that sounded okay. Then I just switched a few letters in and out until I came up with a name that wasn't taken, and voila, that's where my name came from =P Uncreative I know, but I like it and it's pretty much my default username now.

13. Tycho

A greek name I was "given". I like to consider it the name of my masculine side.

14. lilgrack

I am alway being told how small I am, plus Lil is the frist three letters of my frist name(that I never use anyway) But the grack came from me misspelling my name in a hurry one day and my freind seeing it and it sticking.

15. Rygirl

Ry is short for Bryony, my name, my old boyfriend always called me Rygirl and I really liked it.

16. cita

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Coin In The Air. It's the name of a song I enjoy. I figured making it an acronym would do something interesting?

17. Ely

Ely

The Netherlands, close to good ol' Amsterdam.
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A short form of the name I'm taking when I'm out of here :slight_smile:

18. J Snow

Well I was reading a song of Ice and Fire when I made my account and Jon Snow was my favorite character, thus I jacked it.

Then when I really started to address the issues associated with my gender dysphoria, I didn't like having a male user name, but I wanted people to still recognize me on the site. So, I just dropped the "on" in Jon. J doesn't really have a gender, and I think it was still pretty obvious who I was.

I have considered changing it again though, as I still feel like the association to a male character is unpleasant.

19. Aldrick

Well, since I'm a total nerd my username comes from a character that I created in a roleplaying game. There are variations on the spelling, and depending on how its reconstructed and translated it either means "old wise ruler" or "noble ruler." There are numerous variations of the name that were very popular in the past. It's likely of Ancient Germanic origin with heavy French influence that was anglicized in Britain during the later 12th century when it became a popular surname.

I used the name for my character due to its meaning, which was suitable, and I chose the specific spelling because there was a running joke among the people I played with of me always creating new characters that ended in -rick.

So, yeah. Nerd cred achieved. :lol:

#79 Aldrick, Aug 24, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
  20. Aeon Magus

Aeon Magus

It's not really as complicated. I like Final Fantasy X. The summoned beings are called Aeons. I'm the second of three children. The only Aeon(s) that have three simultaneous beings summoned are the Magus Sisters (Lol, which is kind of funny since we're all brothers). And there it is - Aeon Magus.