1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you submissive or dominant?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SohoDreamer, Aug 19, 2012.

1. leer

in social situations in my last relationship ''only had the one'' id say i was submissive went where he wanted did things he wanted it sort of one sided . in the bedroom ive always considered to be versatile although I can be more dominant .

2. Vernox

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Why is everyone submissive? Come on guys, I'm losing hope of finding a "fairy tale" knight-in-shining-armor. Hahah

Anyway, I'm a bit of both in different situations. Where work is concerned, I'm as dominant as it gets. It's my job to give orders, make decisions, and run the show.
    But with friends, I'm completely different. Like a lot of other people here, I suppose I'm a "people pleaser". Relationship-wise, I'm likely to be the same.
    Oh well, who knows. I'm not even out yet, so relationships are out of the question right now anyway. Lol

3. Minx

I'm the dominant one in every aspect of my life except for relationships.

I enjoy being submissive/shy while someone else takes charge for a change. Although, I'm not sure I'm getting the terms right... as well, I'm abstinent and all that jazz/strange territory. :slight_smile:

4. Colours

More on the submissive side.

5. Xochipilli

Take the lead and I'll follow, unless I'm not feeling it. But I like when someone gets me to try something new. So submissive, bordering on meh.

6. Phil

Phil Guest

Neither, i prefer an equal relationship. Usually this binarity (one or another) brings problems to relationships and to social life too.

I don't like to lead in my social life, but in the absence i take the lead (usually i am chosen to). It depends, i try to maintain a balance and the way i act depends on the person or the environment, i'm pretty adaptable.

7. jazzrawr

Socially I tend to be dominant, but in relationships I'm in the middle. I'll take initiative and be the dominant one quite easily, but I also have no problem being submissive if that's what she wants. I find both to be appealing :slight_smile:

8. MerBear

social- im in between but usually more submissive but although i have dominant behavior...like for example i prefer as stand up while everyone is sitting down. talking over people , sitting where i can see everyone , i did research on it and thats what i got

relationship - dominant. i like to pull the weight in the relationship. i hate being submissive in a relationship , it makes me feel uncomfortable but i wont turn down a good massage haha

9. Buffy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I have only been a "sub" for one man. He was my first BF, and he was big and drop-dead gorgeous, so
    I wanted to please him and keep him. There are so many degrees of being submissive, and it's not
    about being tied up, or spanked. For me, it was very situational. Just small things, like handing
    your partner your car keys, so he can drive when we go out. Letting your partner order for you
    at dinner, and pay when the check comes, is submissive. And on and on!

10. hollybee

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I think in relationships, for me, there isn't really a dominance or submissiveness... just equality. And again in social situations there is always an equality between us. But then if we're around my friends I might be more outgoing than a partner because I'm more comfortable around them than they are, leading to me being more dominant. I think in social situations it's dependent on who else is around.
    But sexually is completely different! But lets not go into that aha
    For all couples it's different I feel there needs to be a certain amount of equilibrium for a healthy relationship

11. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    More of a dominant one, I guess.. but it depends. Somewhere in the middle.

12. thekillingmoon

I believe I'm strictly neither of those things. But because I'm insecure and inexperienced I may appear as submissive to others. I don't know if I'd want to keep being submissive once I felt a little more confident with a person. I'd like to share my opinions and ideas with them, not blindly follow everything they want to do.

13. DangerAlex

Interestingly, I kind of alternate between both dominant and submissive. In everyday life, I'm pretty dominant... outgoing, assertive, extroverted. But in my relationship, I'm kind of submissive to my boyfriend; he definitely wears the pants in our relationship, although if you ask him, he'd insist that we're pretty equal in terms of pants-wearing.

14. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, I don't buy into the whole "submissive" and "dominant" roles in a potential relationship.

I'm a pretty laid back and relaxed person, but I would want things to be equal between me and a guy.

15. Hiems

Sexually leaning submissive, but socially I alternate depending on the context.

16. Simple Thoughts

Sexually speaking I'm more of a submissive.

I don't like the idea of this sorta thing expanding beyond the bedroom though. I think in social, public, professional, and home alone ( without naughty time ) settings you and your partner should be on equal footing. The sub/dom thing should be limited to the bedroom because inequality in a relationship will cause problems over time.

17. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I tend to have somewhat of a dominant personality. Perhaps that's because I have somewhat of a strong personality and I have opinions. It took time to build up some self-confidence and, deep down, there are still things that plague my self-confidence. At a cursory level, people couldn't pick on those things.

I get along fine with other dominant types. Sure, there are periodically fireworks, but we usually agree on what to do ... or agree to disagree.

I won't bring this over to relationships. Any kind of more intimate rapport I've been in is usually with someone more laid back, but that's because of basic yin and yang. And it has nothing to do with dominant or submissive labels when it comes to sex. I'm talking about personalities here, and not sex.

18. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a very easy going person and would never dream of dominating anyone, even if I could get away with it. There is a very fine line between assertiveness and dominance and many people don't see when they cross it. Personally, I don't want to even go near that line, especially in a relationship.

Equality, every time.

19. EyesNeverLie

In a relationship I like it to be equal. I'm pretty much a mixture of both. One of the many reasons why I'm not attracted to masculine/butch women they tend to be dominant and I don't like that. In the bedroom, I'm really dominant... lol I like being in control but every once awhile I can be submissive.

20. itsonlyrelative

^^^This.