1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you submissive or dominant?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SohoDreamer, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Submissive, I feel uncomfortable leading stuff. Doesn't mean I'm a door mat, tho I'm still shy and have a hard time talking to people. If they're assertive and dominant I'm pretty comfortable in that sort of relationship.

#21 Fugs, Aug 20, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
  2. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I want an equal relationship. He takes the lead in situations where he excels or is more knowledgable and comfortable, and I do the same. For situations where neither of us are that adept, we work together as a team using both our opinions, experiences, and understanding of subjects.

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Neither. I always attempt to go into relationships (and into the bedroom) as equals.

Lex

4. sugarcubeigloo

I don't know if I'm submissive or just shy and indecisive. Usually once I become comfortable with someone, I'm quick to open up. I do honestly like assertive people because I would like to be someone who will help push me out of my shell and show me new things. In terms of deciding on doing things or hanging out, if I like you, it really doesn't matter what the hell we're doing. I'm just glad to have you as my company. :slight_smile: So, I'm OK with doing almost anything. That being said, I am more than fine with saying no if I absolutely don't want to do something. Ugh! Where am I going with this post? Right... In conclusion, I would say that I'm a bit submissive (if just not passive). Yes. That's what I want to say. The End. :lol:

5. sunnii

ive never been in a relationship but in general im very submissive. i like keeping harmony and im a people pleaser. im not very assertive or good at making decisions so i prefer it when others do it for me

---------- Post added 21st Aug 2012 at 07:21 PM ----------

OMFG I feel the same as this tbh

6. paul

Somewhat equal. I don't think there really have to be defined roles. I cannot speak for the bedroom however (16, virgin) but obviously one has to be dominant or submissive in that situation. they both could be versatile

7. FJ Cruiser

In social situations, it just depends on who I'm hanging out with. In a relationship, I want complete equality. I want him to be my best friend, not my leader/follower.

8. Aareon

I've never been in a relationship but if I were to have a say in the relationship, I really hope it'll be equal.

9. Yogabear

Yogabear Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Submissive

10. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    l lean toward dominant but the mire l think about trying to have one role in any relationship, l don't...really get the motivation behind that.

l can't say l would always be dominant. ln fact l'm not really even drawn to submissive types so maybe l'm not dominant. l don't know, l'd prefer not to think of relationship roles this way, as long as l'm with someone else who doesn't want to be the extreme opposite of whatever l am l'm fine.

11. An equal relationship, for the most part. I probably lean more towards submissive.

12. AaronG

AaronG Guest

Most likely submissive. I can't see myself being dominant towards anyone. I'm also a real shy pushover. If I ever get with a guy that wants to be more submissive than I am he's gonna be rather disappointed.

13. Rivers

In social situations, I'm pretty assertive, and I like being the boss, but I can get flustered and shy in relationships. So I'm not really sure.... I'm consider myself more dominant, though.

14. SeerOfHeart

In a relationship, I think I'd like it to be equal. I'd probably be a tiny bit submissive if my partner was very assertive. However, I'm not sure about this because in platonic relationships that I'm comfortable in, I tend to be very social if not a bit loud. I also think that if they were shy I'd at least attempt to take the first step. My ideal would be basically even though, where both sides give and take.

15. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I'd definitely be the more dominant one in the relationship considering that I'm a dominant person in real life and quite loud/assertive in daily life. I can have my submissive moments though.

16. Caleb93

My biggest "dominant" trait is that I'm protective. Otherwise, I'm introverted and laid back, but still have a sense of independence. In a relationship I'd like somebody who is more outgoing and more likely to initiate things, but not controlling. Overall I want to be equals.

17. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm just gonna quote myself from another thread.

18. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Like other people here, I don't like the idea of ever being 100% dominant or 100% submissive all the time.

That said, my body type (skinny and petite) and appearance (kinda boyish), as well as some of my personality traits (shyness), tend to lend themselves to a submissive nature. It would feel a bit ridiculous for me to try to be dominant if I were in a relationship with some loud 6 ft 2 jock or something.

But I totally wouldn't mind completely submitting myself, if I found the right person of course.

19. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

I seem to alternate between the two depending on who im with. But i prefer to be submissive

20. cassexy

cassexy Guest

i am submissive and dominant as the situation depends and as the partner wants. i can be both too, but i respect my partners likes too