1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feelings you had when you turned 20

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by IllusiveRannoch, Aug 6, 2012.

1. IllusiveRannoch

well, i just turned 20 today. so yay me. but i don't feel any difference from my last day as a teen yesterday. i dont think i will until i'm out & on my own at last. but it shouldn't be too long since i finally got a job at Target. :eusa_danc . more yay me. speaking of which:

ha, when me mum found out about their gay friendly cards, she went on this funny anti gay rant, something about 'you're not like that' or 'be careful. target is a liberal company'. to which i just let out a muffled laugh & said goodnight.

but what were some of your feelings when you turned 20?

2. Bobbgooduk

Bobbgooduk Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Happy Birthday! (*hug*)

I'm afraid I can't remember 20. I know I went to University :rolle:

3. IllusiveRannoch

:birthday: thanks. another year & i can :beer: & party rock the clubs (!)(i dont plan on getting drunk):lol:

4. vyvance

Usually too busy studying for final exams around my birthday to care much about it.

5. Shevanel

My feelings on turning 20.

"Fuck."

6. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "Ah, three tests on my birthday. Just lovely..."

7. Gallatin

This, pretty much.

Also, why does every year seem to get worse than the next?

8. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Probably hunger, horniness, and generic "I can't wait to get back to college" stuff. My birthday always fell during winter break, but after Christmas, so there was this sort of lag when nothing happened.

Lex

9. Brenny

Well I am a year or so older than most of my friends so they were all 18 and 19 when I turned 20 and I didn't like that much. Technically you aren't a teenager anymore. I think it makes you more "adult" than turning 18 does. Except for me, 20 was no different than 19. I still pass for 18 so I just go with it. As a kid I never wanted to grow up. Still don't.

10. Romi

When I turned 20 it just felt like another day. I mean, yeah, of course it was a fun day, unlike my 23rd birthday. :\ But anyway...I think because it wasn't one of those milestone years (16, 18, 21), the impact of the actual day wasn't felt as much as it was on the other years. Still..a birthday is something special. At least to most people. It's your day. So I enjoyed it, but the overall affect of turning twenty was that nothing had really changed at all, just the number I wrote down when expressing my age.

I'm pretty sure that's the norm, though. Everyone around here seems to be obligated or at least so tuned in to the customs around here to always ask the birthday person 'How does it feel to be __?" I've noticed that the response is usually the same no matter the person answering or their age. "It just feels like another day." "I don't feel any different." And so on.

11. FJ Cruiser

I turned 20 just a little over a month ago. I even have a picture on here just a few minutes after midnight of my birthday haha. For me, it felt very strange at first, but now I'm really excited for the next decade of my life.

I remember having a sinking feeling when I turned 13 because I felt really immature, and I felt like I was missing out on all the great things about being a teenager because I had few friends at the time. Puberty was awkward, and I felt like I didn't look old enough. I'm glad to leave my teens behind.

I think I've had a 20-something mindset for years now, and it feels good to actually be one now. I got out of my exceedingly long awkward teenager period, and now I'm accomplishing the things I want to. It's nice to be doing age-appropriate things with confidence.

12. Flow

I turned 20 a few days ago.. It's such an awkward number. You can't drink legally, and you're no longer a teen. Oh well, we all have to grow up sooner or later. x_x

13. prism

THIS exactly. I keep a journal and that's at it says on my birthday.

On my 20th birthday I went to class, went home, and studied all night for my chemistry final in the morning.

14. ameliawesome

Not much, I don't even remember what I did haha. But 24 was a big birthday because that's when I truly began to feel like an adult. I realized that everything I'd done up to that age had been done by kid-me. It was definitely a significant feeling.

15. Zontar

"I'm still a virgin? Everything about my body sucks ass."

That's also been every birthday since 18 or so.

16. Bree

Sums it up. I don't feel like I've accomplished enough yet to be 20 already.

Happy birthday anyways!

17. Lad123

Happy Birthday!

Hmm i also didn't feel any different when I turned 20, and that goes the same for 21, 22 and 23 lol. I Agree with BZ4591 about not wanting to grow up, its just not appealing at all...

18. BudderMC

Definitely this. Teens were rough for social and personal reasons; having to stay back an extra year was just icing on the cake. By the time I got to university, I never wanted to look back. Even when I go and visit my high school now, I go with a smile on my face not because I remember being there, but that I'm happy I'm not :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Also these are worth a read:

Why Being In Your 20s Is Awesome | Thought Catalog
    Why Being In Your 20s Sucks
    21 Ways You Should Take Advantage Of Your 20s

19. Bolin

I wasn't even aware that I had turned 20 until I checked Facebook that day, haha. I really didn't care.

20. GingerGuy

Haven't turned 20 yet, but I think I can still give you some advice: don't worry about anything, because the next decade is probably going to be the best one of your life! (before things go downhill after 30 lol) The mid-life crisis is still distant in the horizon, so just chill out, work hard and have fun - safely! ;-)