1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worst way to die?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by musikk021, Jul 29, 2012.

1. musikk021

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Just a random thought: what would be your worst/least ideal way to die?

I'm particularly scared of drowning. I just think the feeling of having water sucked into your lungs is horrendous. Actually, any type of suffocation scares me.

2. castle walls

Besides torture, I think the worst way to die would be a long painful terminal illness (take your pick of which one). I would hate to know I was dying and be going through unbearable pain with my friends and family unable to do anything except watch me die

3. IllusiveRannoch

well i wouldn't want to be burned at the stake for sure. fortunately, i dont live in the medieval/pre rennaissance era. odd thing though, i like heat actually which in turn lets me love summer heat, but being burned to death sounds painful.

4. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Being murdered. I think I've read too much true crime. But yeah, being killed painfully in cold blood, definitely.

5. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Anything by Jigsaw.

6. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I second that.

7. Just Adam

Dieing alone knowing nobody cares about you and when is all said and done you disnt matter to anyone and made no difference to anything. Thats a bad way to go.

8. Snowy

Snowy Guest

Being dead yet still alive at the same time. Basically, just being alive but caring for and about nothing, having no emotions, and, quite frankly, just being a shell of a person. At that point you're kind of wishing for death..

9. Zontar

It's a tie between horrific accident and being tortured.

10. timo

Being burnt to death. If my apartment ever catches fire and I'd be unable to get out, I'd rather jump out (chance of death: 100%, I live on the 7th floor) (...trying to climb down would be better) than burn while waiting for help to show up.

11. Bobbgooduk

Bobbgooduk Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    At one stage, I thought it would be drowning. I nearly drowned as a young child after slipping off an airbed into the sea. My brother saved me but the fright meant that I didn't get round to learning to swim until I was 32.

I had lessons for two years and I'm now fully confident in the water.

However, I saw a film a couple of years ago (can't remember the name) about a serial killer in France who picked up lady hitch-hikers and drugged them. Can't remember whether he abused them too, but the poor girls would wake up to find themselves buried in a coffin, alive.

I thin that would be horrible - I just can't imagine it - the sheer terror and hopelessness.

12. PurpleCrab

You're going to say I have imagination, but... the very very worst way to die would be to die last, tied down, paralyzed but conscious, forced to watch my loved ones die first in atrocious torture and unable to do anything about it.

13. Sanssouci

Starvation/Thirst/asphyxiation from being buried alive. That scene in Kill Bill gives me the shivers.

14. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lung cancer. It's sort of a combination of suffocating and a slow, painful, and very humiliating death. I'm currently watching it happen to someone I know...

But I think anything that is slow would suck. And anything that involved dying with no one around that loved you. I think everyone deserves to be missed upon their death by at least one person.

Oh, and being hanged, drawn, and quartered. Or crucified. But those just come from my penchant for movies set back when these things happened.

15. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What I fear the most is dying slowly and painfully. If someone were to just blow my brains out in one go, I could live with that. But I don't want to suffocate, bleed out, or die of poison or something. Also what Maddy said about being murdered. I would have to imagine that having someone kill you and not be quick about it would be the most terrifying thing on earth.

16. secretguyX

I second dying slow and painfully. Whether it's a terminal illness that only gets worse, or suffocating or being stabbed and bleeding too much. But being buried alive is probably even worse.

17. LSunday

Drowning or burning, as far as simple types.

18. Waffles

Okay, lemme see.

I think the worst way to die die would be that you and your best friend are at a party and they hand you a drink. After you take a sip, you pass out and awake on a table tied down. Your best friend comes into the room and pulls out a multitude of surgical weapons. First, they slice you arms and legs open and place a bunch of maggots in there to eat away at your flesh... then they go to your torso and break every rib independently, one by one. Then they gouge out your eyes and pour severely hot gold down your throat and let it cool. You hear them leave and you are left to suffocate to death alone and in severe pain.

... I don't know about you, but I think that's a pretty bad way to go. ._.

19. julia

I think probably being buried alive or just stuck someplace where there's no one except your thoughts with no food or water. Or being tortured for a long period of time and not dying for weeks/months, god, yeah that would probably be the worst.
    Realistically, I think dying in a fire would be pretty horrid.

20. BornAnew

Any death :frowning2:

But drowning is my own worst fear of dying. It'll be slow &...arghhh I can't imagine what it'll feel like not getting air and just getting water into my lungs