1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you wish more people were gay?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by GingerGuy, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Oh, I'm willing to bet there were at least a few brainwashed closet cases in the Biblical canons; it's just a law of averages :icon_wink

Barring that, touché :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2. Mogget

David and Jonathan. Ruth and Naomi. I'm just sayin'.

3. musikk021

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, I sure do wish more people were gay...actually, I just wish more girls were gay. The whole estimated 10% of the population being gay is not accurate; even if it was, that's a very small percentage, especially considering that it only matters that people of your same gender are gay.

For example, you're in a population of 100 people. If 10% were gay, then we'd have 10 gay folks in that group. Of course this isn't accurate, but let's assume that it's half and half: 5 gay men, 5 lesbians. You're one of the 5 in your gender group. That leaves 4 others. Of those 4, you have to find someone you're attracted to who's also attracted to you. You have to find someone whose personality fits with yours and someone who also likes your personality. Bottom line, it's hard enough finding mutual feelings, let alone when the population to choose from is only a tiny fraction of the whole.

4. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

haha... naw, I think there shouldd be more gay AND bi people:wink:

5. farah

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Sure I do. If there were more gay people we would be getting our rights faster right?

6. FJ Cruiser

For purposes of overpopulation control, acceptance, and dating, it would be very nice.

7. Vernox

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I would love for there to be more of us.

8. Fiddledeedee

I wish more people were openly gay.

9. NoName114

NoName114 Guest

No, I would never change anyone's sexual orientation, besides being impossible that would be too cruel to think of. I wish closeted homosexuals could come out without being hated though

10. Peanuts

This, or at least easier to detect! It'd be nice to know who you actually have a chance with. I suppose more gay people would be nice as well considering the fact that our dating pool is considerably smaller. It's no fun having to actively seek out partners when your straight friends have boyfriends/girlfriends falling into their laps.

11. Aquilo

I'd be nice if all cute guys/girls were bi, but I'd like it too if just more people were bi and if I could notice that more easily :/

12. Lewis

Definitely. There's some straight guys out there that I'd LOVE to be gay...

13. mes1995

i thought this only happened in my city, im really really sick of it being gay is not a trend or choice!

14. unsureman

unsureman Guest

I think for me being someone who is unsure what I am wishes that people would just not care either way. It would be nice to have gay people to talk to just for the sake of hearing their own stories and stuff. I would also like potential dates and stuff but I am not ready for that. I do wish people overall were just more accepting. Coming out wouldn't even be a thing in that case.

---------- Post added 26th Jul 2012 at 04:17 PM ----------

totally agree with that. Why does it matter in the first place?!

15. SohoDreamer

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I just wish everyone who is gay could be openly gay without fear of judgement and abuse. Who knows how many people are gay in reality, when so many people are forced to hide in the closet?

Also, agree with the overpopulation control comment. I find it laughable that some bigots still use the "gays can't have kids" retort as a supposedly legitimate attack on homosexuality. For one thing, it's not true. Are all gays infertile? And, more relevant, have they seen the population of the world?

#35 SohoDreamer, Jul 26, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
  16. julia

Most definitely. Not only would it make more people more accepting but it'll be easier for me to find lesbians, hah.

17. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    Of course. l guess l even have to laugh at the question a little.

Probably due to my age. l feel like this isn't really something people talk about, l understand though. The younger people here aren't really worried about the possibility of being eternally single and maybe haven't even realized how many people aren't gay(even the "gay" ones).

So yes. l like to delude myself into thinking that we'll somehow find each other, though, and then take active measures to try and beat the statistics as best l can, like moving to a major city with a ton of gay people.

lt's never going to be as easy for us though. What you said about not actually being attracted to the ones who ARE gay is also true.

Fortunately l have noticed that for whatever reason, and most likely shared life experiences, many gay people that l've known have had very similar personality traits as l do.

That provides for some good friendships and at least the potential for attraction to develop if we never find a partner who we really blows our mind physically(but how similar this is to settling for a straight relationship after going through so much trouble scares the shit out of me).

#37 OMGWTFBBQ, Jul 26, 2012
  18. IllusiveRannoch

i can for sure, agree w/ this. but i love the fact that i'm gay even if i'm the only one that knows it, and the idea(s) of being w/ guy(s) are such a turn on. as far as more gay people go, i'm kind of thinking there's more out there than there may seem, and more being born.

---------- Post added 27th Jul 2012 at 01:29 AM ----------

seconded^

---------- Post added 27th Jul 2012 at 01:41 AM ----------

sounds like we both want people to just be themselves no matter who they are, or feel like they have to change for others.

#38 IllusiveRannoch, Jul 26, 2012
  19. Rarar

I wish that everybody was openly bi.

20. AmblingSam

Bi is best I say. Best of both worlds!