1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Being outwardly gay in public

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AshenAngel, Jul 22, 2012.

?

Gay in Public?

1. I don't show my orientation with my partner in public

22.7%
  2. My partner and I hold hands

45.5%
  3. My partner and I kiss

25.0%
  4. Other/tell me in post:)

18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. spellbound

spellbound Guest

me and my beautiful gf hold hands and hug eachother... we're both out so people know its not only from friendship and we get alot of shit bcuz of it... <3 her so much

2. cityofangels

cityofangels Guest

If I did have a girlfriend I wouldn't have a problem holding hands with her in public, or a small little kiss here and there (no making out though). Although if I was with family, I would tone it down when I am around them.

3. Aareon

This can't really apply to me because I've never been in a relationship before, but I'll be interested to see these results.

4. MariRawr

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Kinda hard to hold her hand if she's across the North Sea XD oTL But okay, if I could, I'd hold hands with her. Not embarrassed to kiss her or anything, simply not the type for PDA. Maybe a kiss on the cheek and a peck on the lips if it's a special occasion, but besides that, pretty much just hugs and holding hands would do.

5. redstormrising

my gf and i kiss (tastefully), hold hands pretty much everywhere we go, cuddle, and sometimes i sit on her lap. neither of us are particularly shy about expressing physical affection in public

6. xxnevadarlingxx

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The reaction is never pretty for me and my wife but we're tough girls. It doesn't change a thing. We're totally and uniquely ourselves.

7. RemyLeBeau

RemyLeBeau Guest

Oh yeah, we go out of the way to hold hands (I love holding hands), and we give quick kisses on the cheek away as a greeting or farewell (or if she's being super cute). No one seems to care where I live.

8. redstormrising

yea, no one cares where i live either. the only comments we've ever gotten are positive ones, remarking on how cute we are, etc.

9. Paper Heart

When I start dating someone, if he's comfortable holding hands and little things like that, then we'll be doing them. I don't see why our genders should be a factor in why we wouldn't. (Well I do know why, I just don't care for the reasoning behind it.)

10. Kidd

Kidd Guest

I really don't even think twice about it. I absolutely refuse to live my life in fear of other people. I've never been in any sort of hardcore romantic relationship, but when I have gone out with guys, I've never been scared to get close to them. My first relationship wasn't very serious at all, but we used to sit side-by-side, super close together, on the couches in the student union (which are huge) and no one looked twice. He basically was cuddling me, in public, playing with my hair, my legs, whatever.

The only time anyone ever made any kind of comment whatsoever, and I don't even really count this, was when he walked me to class once. We were leaving our theater class together and I was on my way to my probation/parole lecture. It was cold outside and snowing and the sidewalks were a little treacherous so we linked arms and were kind of holding hands and then I heard a really disgusted "ugh" behind me, so I stopped and turned around, and it was some gap-toothed hillbilly kid in ratty sweatpants. So I couldn't possibly care any less about what he, and people like him, think about me. And for this area, those are the only kind of people that are going to even think about saying something. As soon as you take a stand for yourself, people shut up. He looked at me and just walked off. Too bad, because he could have made my day.

11. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

My amazing, gorgeous girlfriend and i hold hands, hug and cuddle, that sort of thing. I'd be kissing her all the time, too- if I only knew whether or not she's comfortable with that yet....

12. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've kissed girls in public before. Regularly hold hands with female friends too.

13. Mercuree

It's a bit difficult seeing as I am only partially out (but couldn't care less who sees what any more) and my not-yet-boyfriend is totally in the closet. But have managed to sneak a few kisses and even one pretty much in the middle of a crowded bar. Was awesome! :grin:

14. SimplyJay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've never had a boyfriend, but If I did I deff would not show anything in public...
    * Where I live that would be a very bad idea
    * I consider public displays of affection rude (and I'm counting straights in this too)

15. spellbound

spellbound Guest

...sweetheart, you know me, you know what i do. where did the word "uncomfortable" come up?

16. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

last time you seemed.... idk.... maybe i just suprised you or something >.<