1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One Million Moms boycotts "The New Normal"

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Menaki-Neko, Jul 21, 2012.

1. dairyuu

Thanks for alerting me to this show, OMM. Otherwise I wouldn't have considered watching it.
    One Million Moms. For the latest in trending gay topics.

2. Dasc Crescent

Yes I agree, NBC is obviously forcing these poor innocent families to watch these satanic shows against their will. The idea of two men actually living with each other and being happy will obviously cause the victims morals to 'decay', first gay happiness, then child cannibalism!

3. lazyboy

lazyboy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Meh, I say let 'em do whatever. They'll boycott themselves into a hole and end up not putting much of a dent in anything. The only thing they'll bring down is themselves.

... which is a good thing.

4. fireworks

fireworks Guest

Usually comments on articles like these sadden me, but I'm loving the ones on this :slight_smile: does anybody actually take these people seriously? I mean come on. I wouldn't be surprised if they boycotted skittles because of the rainbow references...

5. Bobbgooduk

Bobbgooduk Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel sad about all this.

It means that there are at least one million kids out there with cavewomen for mothers.

Shouldn't they be back in the kitchen, chained to the sink?

I sort of understand men behaving like cavemen - we are the weaker sex, after all, but what excuse do these women have for their bigotry and hatred?

6. DanA

So, One Million Moms is ran by the American Family Association (why is it when an organization has the word "Family" in it, they're almost always anti-gay?) so why haven't we counter boycotted them?

Find their headquarters and chain their doors shut. Sit in their parking lot entrance so they can't get in with their cars. Play music loud enough to disrupt their daily work. Follow them home and protest at their house until they get up to go to work in the morning and begin it again. Too harsh? Well fuck them. I'm going to make them feel what I feel where they aren't allowed to live a normal life anymore because of their bigotry.

7. Fumi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Same here! As the saying goes, there's "no such thing as bad publicity", right?

8. Rygirl

The sad thing is, I'm scared to tell my mum about this, because OMM is exactly the type of thing she would go for. She's constantly tells me that marriage is a God given state, and strictly believes that same sex marriage is blasphemous.

9. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm disappointed in where he's taking Glee, a show I love so dearly. He's done nearly a full 360. Second season of The Glee Project is so sad.

10. ANightDude

The same reason I've been avoiding watching it. Ryan Murphy pretty much tore Glee apart and wrecked two entire seasons of the show, so I'm not interested in seeing another show with a fantastic first season and crappy other seasons. It worries me.

11. Menaki-Neko

Fargo North Dakota, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
    They also boycotted JCPenny's because of their same-sex advertisement.

12. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have to say I didn't mind most of the 3rd season, but by the end it just made me feel so miserable as opposed to the usual happy. And I loved feeling happy.
    It was eliminating Dani Shay from The Glee Project that did it for me. Made me see it all. It's like he only cares about stories and not other beautiful things and he almost seems mean. If she had messed up, it would have been one thing, but she didn't. She did a wonderful job.

I quit The Glee Project then and there, but I'm uncertain of the actual show. I love the characters so much. But if I have to see the Glee Project winner come in... shit.

Edit: I do see how the first two were so much better though. They had more.. depth. Now they're always dancing and singing in the hallways and in fancy cut scenes and I don't remember that from the past.