1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will you eventually move out of your city?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by mes1995, Jul 18, 2012.

1. sugarcubeigloo

I think I live in a wonderfully progressive part of the country (for the most part). I don't think I would be terribly upset if I ended up living in my city permanately. I've always lived here and was always a city kid. :slight_smile: I have to admit, city life sometimes gets a little overwhelming for me at times, but it's home and I love it. So I guess, no, I wouldn't move. Although I do suffer from a sever case of wanderlust. :lol:

2. CelticRae

Heck yeah Indianapolis really is awful. Downtown is ok. some areas like Broad ripple are more progressive but I can't stand most of this place.

3. Possibly Maybe

Already did. First i moved city and then i moved to another country.

4. Snowy

Snowy Guest

As soon as possible. Once I get the money I'm going to emigrate to either the UK, France, New Zealand, or the Netherlands.

5. Mackattack

Mackattack Guest

I already did move out of my hometown, about 4 months ago, but I didn't move very far away. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. MusicIsLife

Definitely. My province hates english people, I want to move to Toronto within the next 3-5 years.

7. DPQuarter

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yep. I love that Calgary is in a really great location, but the city itself is nothing special

8. Totoro

I used to dislike the city in which I moved to do pursue my studies in university, but it's slowly grown on me. It's pretty residential but there are also great naturey areas which I really enjoy. So I will be staying here, probably, even after I graduate. :slight_smile:

9. Rarar

Yup, I wanna move to America/Canada one day. I'm a third-Canadian anyway. I'd like to live in Miami or California or New York. =D

But I do love my hometown, though. It's so quaint and calm. Maybe when I'm a famous author with loads of money, I'll be able to buy a place in all three places. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

10. GreenRaven

i've already moved from my hometown, and fell in love with new england. alas all good things must come to an end...gotta move back to my parent's because of financial shit. BUT I WILL RETURN, NEW ENGLAND! DON'T FORGET ME! I KNOW I'LL NEVER FORGET YOU! </3

i mean maryland isn't too bad an all...but my parent's live too close to the city. i prefer less crowded places and less tall buildings

11. Vesper

I don't want to, but I may have to. If I must move, I will definitely come back eventually. I love pretty much everything about this city; I even find its winters tolerable.

12. paul

My city is big enough for me. I really don't ever see leaving. I used to want to live in New York City when I was younger but it might just be a better place to go on vacation for me.
    Best of Luck,
    Paul

13. bi lover

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I too am thinking about moving at some point. I'd like to have a fresh new place where nobody knows me and there are lots of fun and exciting people to meet.

14. mojoe

I actually really like where I live. I love the entire area (upper midwest). For now, my friends and family are keeping me content living exactly where I do, though in the future I would like to move further north, away from big cities. I want me a place in the middle of the woods, next to a lake, miles away from any neighbors.

15. Harve

I really like where I live but I'm moving out of my, um, village to Scotland in two weeks time. Actual excitement!

16. Sartoris

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Would definitely like to, but I've no idea to where or when or if it'll even go from daydreaming into the realm of possibility.

17. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

I would love to move out of where I'm living with my parents right now...I wouldn't mind staying in New York, if I were able to move to a more interesting neighborhood in Manhattan or maybe Brooklyn.

Though I also really want to experience life on the West Coast, I hear only cool things about places like Seattle and San Francisco.

But I just graduated college and have to get my life in order before I can do anything...but I definitely want to get back the sense of freedom I had in college sooner rather than later.

#77 Rakkaus, Aug 20, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
  18. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For now I'm not going far. Only about 50 miles outside of London, where I've lived all my life. I love London but I don't know if I want to live here forever.

19. Yougoglencoco

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I want to move as soon as possible! I live in a small town where everyone knows eachother and they all know eachothers business, I want to move down to London to begin with and then eventually to NYC :icon_bigg

20. Mumty

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm definitely moving out. I was born in Sydney and that's where I want to return to, if I could leave tomorrow I would.

The fact that it's on the other side of the world is a bonus, but honestly I think it's the city that's got everything. Metropolitan city, beaches, cafes etc. so when I hit 18 I'm going.

It's probably the only thing that's keeping me from getting depressed, knowing that a great big city where I can be myself and enjoy life to the full is there waiting for me :slight_smile: