1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you look your age?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Menaki-Neko, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Level75

Told this nurse at the local hospital today that I'm 26 and she looked at me and said, "You've got a young looking face."

(b'-')b

2. Gallatin

Before I grew my beard, people used to guess my age pretty well, usually give or take a year. But now that I have a beard, people say I look at least 23-25, and I just turned 20.

3. Bolin

Back when I was really heavy, I often got mistaken for being in my late 30's or 40's. I was also mistaken to be my sisters' father and my mother's husband on several occasions....

Now that I've lost weight, people mistake me for a 17 or 18 year old.

I'm 22. :grin:

4. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I suppose I do. When I was 16 the librarian mistook me for 30 though, which was sort of insulting...

But I was working at a private picnic last weekend and the guy in charge only inquired about my age as an afterthought when he mentioned there was alchohol. Since I've gained some weight I think I look older.

And I wasn't carded this afternoon when I was buying a YooHoo and my mom wanted some cigarettes. Normally I refuse to buy them for her (since they're bad for you) but the register was only accepting cash and she had her card with her, so I offered to pay for them. I whipped out my ID anyway, but the lady never asked for it.

5. Aielar

2 years ago I was asked by a waitress in a pub if I wanted a drink, and I was seventeen at the time. It depends on the person I suppose, some people think I look older than I am and others think I am 19...so yeah. I have however been to the bar/bought lottery tickets and not been carded though. Hmm.

6. Nightmaric

I think I look like I'm 13-14. But, I've been mistaken for a college student before, high school senior as a freshman too.

7. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I get mistaken for 17. I got carded going to a bar the other night, and the security guy spent ages looking from me to my ID.

8. DrummerGirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm 16 (well I will be in a little over a week), but I've been mistaken as older than my 18 year old brother, a college student, and a Junior or Senior in high school (I'm about to be a Sophomore).

9. KatzInHatz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Well I'm 19 and I'm not really sure what I'm suppose to look like, but today at this restaurant I got carded, but my younger cousin didn't!! Gaaaah XD

10. Paper Heart

I'm 19 and I got carded for buying a rated R movie at Walmart. The cashier told me I look 14.

At least I can have a career as a bait child on To Catch A Predator.

11. kem

kem

I have been told I look like I'm 15-16. I'm 18 though not really sure what the difference is

12. dl72

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have been told that I look a lot younger than my age. I was asked for my ID just to enter a bar and all I got was a Diet Coke.

13. Tiny Catastrophe

I'll be 20 in December but a lot of people tell me I look like I'm 16. Funny thing is, when I was 14 I used to pass as 18 all the time.

14. kyle 1

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    you're 19? :eek: I thought u were 28-30!!

People have always thought I looked older than I was. But then some people say I look younger. So Idk, it's in the eyes of the beholder I guess. I've always been more mature than my age group, especially when I was younger, but now the line has blurred.

15. Night Rain

It's just that avatar, and that angle. Besides, pictures aren't very reliable when it comes to recognizing age. I look fairly young in pictures, but people have told me that I look old in real life.

16. GingerGuy

I believe I do, but adults say I do not. I think I am actually quite small for my age, instead of looking older. Sadly, i did not have the time to post a photo and make you guys see who is right.

17. Messed Up

Messed Up Guest

Apparently I look 19.

18. sugarcubeigloo

People usually guess that I'm a little younger than I am. Its sometimes hard for people to take me seriously at work because of it. I'm thinking about wearing a sign that says "No, I swear, I have a college degree" around my neck. :lol: I just hope that I look on the younger side when I get older. :slight_smile:

19. anonymous1

Well last year someone asked me if I was in third grade :bang: I have no freaking idea where they got THAT! I mean I'm 5' 6" I dress like a teenage girl, I have braces! I usually look around 13-15.

20. Bassbolt

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    At the beginning of the school year, I walked into my English class and the girl beside me thought I was a first year in the wrong classroom. So I basically look like a twelve year old.