1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you ever: Broke a Bone / Gotten a Scar

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kerploop, Jul 11, 2012.

1. TheDifferent13

No broken bones here... yet :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    Plenty of scars though, on both of my forearms from downhill rollerblading fall and one from a car exident, both elbows are scarred from many, many falls in my youth in all kinds of sports and other situations, a few scars on my fingers from cuts and falls, lots of scars on my legs from knees down, from bike pedals going against me and all the falls in street hockey, a scar on my chin from crashing into a guy in hockey and two on my forhead. One from a work exident and another from a bike fall in my youth, where I tripped over and landed on asphalt, head first.

2. Waffles

I have a giant scar on my elbow from hitting a sand patch on my bike... it's all spongy now. o_e
    And I have a new scar on my left hand from burningit on a lawn mower... LONG story. XD

3. solarcat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    My pinkie was fractured after getting crushed by a heavy door
    I broke my elbow after falling off the couch
    This lead to surgery which left a scar
    My wrist was sliced by a shard of glass from a jelly jar
    I have a scar on my neck from when my trache tie got too snug and doctors told my mom not to adjust it
    I have scars from when my g-tube and trache holes didn't heal right and were stitched shut
    Other surgical scars.
    cat-related scratches
    shaving-related cuts
    scars on my elbow and shoulder from when I fell off the bike once (the scar it left on my leg disappeared)

4. bubblesh204

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ive shattered about an inch of my tail bone from figure skating and thats about it for breaking anything.

As for scars I have one going vertical down the front of my neck, one on my knee from wrecking on a bike, one on my right shin from getting on a trampoline, some from self harm, a few on my face from sleep related incidents , and one on my left thigh from figure skating.

5. vyvance

My nose has been broken 6 times (I think), and my right wrist once. Nose breaks mainly from fighting, but once from basketball. Right wrist break was from football.

Assorted scars mainly on arms with a few on torso.

#25 vyvance, Jul 11, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2012
  6. DPQuarter

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I broke my leg when I was 5. My dad thought I was faking so he made me walk on it :dry: I've also broken my wrist. And I have the weirdest scar on my foot from when I got stepped on by my horse, it's kind of like a permanent bruise.

7. KeanusGuitarus

East Australia, in NSW, quite a while from Sydney.
    Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Hi, Mr. Uncoordinated here. I have broken 2 bones at the same time, both bones were in my forearm, I forget their names.

I was out for a ride to the zoo with the family on my bike, because every one said I had to get out at some time. So we are going back down hill away from it, and my bike chips the side of the pavement, and so I get so obsessed with trying to stabilize it I do not realize the tree and ride into it. It left scars on my wrist, but the bones mended fairly regular.

I also got scars on my foot from a few ears earlier, where I was running home to get my clarinet and I was hit by a car that I didn't see. But I swear to you I looked! Anyway, came out with a swollen, scarred, sprained foot. Pure talent :wink:

8. i have a list as long as my arm..... lol. i was accident prone as a kid.

fell over on the ice at school and smacked my foot on a gate - broke my foot
    fell over a bin once down the stairs - broke my leg
    friend tickled me and i smacked my elbow off the radiator - chipped my elbow
    climbed up the slide the wrong way, fell off at the top and passed out - broke my arm
    was dancing around in the kitchen hit my foot off the breakfast chair - broke my toe
    trapped my finger in the rabbit hutch at school - broke my finger
    i remember having my arm in a cast 2 more times but i cant remember what i did lol.

some scars from chicken pox..... and thats all lol

9. MatthewJS

I got a scar by getting bit by my neighbor's dog and been in meds for awhile. One from surgery few years ago. One on my foot from taking off the scab. And another one on my arm from I don't even know where it came from. But no broken bone thank god!!

10. Just Passing

I have been fortunate to not have had any bones broken or received any scars. That being said, I did come close to breaking my middle finger when someone rugby tackled me (unprovoked) and my finger was in an uncompromising position before hand. Instead, I think it was just sprained and I was over reacting about the whole issue.

11. Toony

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Just once, and only maybe.
    On the second day of a new job, I smashed my toe into a chair and wound up limping for about a month.
    I never saw a doctor about it, so I still don't know if it was actually broken or what.

Most of my other notable injuries have been limited to dislocated kneecaps and knocked out teeth.

12. DanA

Oh boy, here we go:

Broken bones:
    Toe - bike accident when I was 12
    Almost all fingers - various reasons and ages
    eye socket - fight at age 15
    2 ribs - fell off a rope bridge in the Boy Scouts at age 16
    Two front teeth and nose - drunken accident at age 19

Scars:
    Various all over knuckles and fingers - anything from pocket knife accidents to working on cars
    Lip scar (almost not visible anymore) - suicide attempt at age 14
    Burn scar - right hand and right arm from drops of molten lead in the Boy Scouts (casting bullets for a musket) at age 15
    12 inch scar across back - cliff diving accident in Bahamas at age 15
    Small chest scars - exploding battery from being thrown in a fire in the Boy Scouts at age 15
    Small forehead scar at hairline - hopping the fence to get into Lollapalooza at age 17
    Burn scar right elbow - rested my arm on a burning hookah coal... to drunk to notice at age 19
    8 inch scar on right ankle - Piece of rebar punctured my leg while working construction at age 20
    two 4 inch scars - left shoulder from a beer bottle smashed across my body in during a Dropkick Murphys concert in Glasgow, Scotland at age 24
    Wide scar just below left leg - Partying in Athens, Greece at age 23

That's a few... some are more personal :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

13. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Scar under my chin from falling off a trampoline and landing on a brick.
    Scar on my hand fom a dog bite.
    Scar on my elbow from a friend's fingernails.
    Scar on my finger from having a bone tumor removed.
    Scar on my arm from self-harming.
    Broke my wrist roller blading.

14. anonymous1

My best scar (though temporary) was when my dad ran into me on his bike. We were riding as a family and my mom stopped suddenly. I stopped no big deal but my dad was on a cruiser with coaster brakes instead of his normal road bike. He didn't see this sudden stop in time and his front wheel slammed into my calf. Because the tire was moving it ripped a tire pattern of the skin off my calf all the way from my ankle to knee. He hit me so hard his back wheel came of the ground. Basically if was the mother of all rug burns, the "scar" part comes because it was in the summer so the rest of me was tan except for this huge white tire of new skin on my leg. It looked really cool :slight_smile: but I'm glad it has gone away.

Oh yeah and the scars I'm not proud of are on my thighs. I used to scratch my pores until they bled. :frowning2: I'm so glad I'm better now

#34 anonymous1, Jul 11, 2012
  15. FJ Cruiser

Age 6 - Broken pinky from being slammed by the door
    Age 11 - Small fracture in my right radius from snowboarding
    Age 14 - Small fracture in left wrist from snowboarding
    Age 14 - Massive break in right radius from pole vaulting. As in, it was sagging...
    Age 15 - Massive break in exact same spot from snowboarding. Plate put in.
    Age 20 (i.e. last Saturday) - Tiny ankle fracture from rock climbing fall. I should be walking in a couple days.

Needless to say, I've given up snowboarding forever...

- I have a gnarly scar on my right arm from where the plate was put in my arm so it would set properly.
    - I have one on my right thigh from falling on sharp rock while hiking in New Mexico.
    - Some small ones on my elbows from concrete burns when I got into street skating.
    - I have a relatively new scar on my left foot from where I accidentally kicked the rocky bottom of a lake when I was cliff jumping a couple months ago.

#35 FJ Cruiser, Jul 11, 2012
  16. vyvance

Were you bouldering or just a slip while belay climbing?

17. RueBea85

RueBea85 Guest

I've never broken a bone before but I do many some scars. One is on my forehead from when I was about 5 or 6, my mom told me not to run in my friend's shoes because they were too big for me and of course I did. Next thing I fell face first onto the cement and was rushed to the hospital. A few years ago I was bitten by a dog on my leg, just under my knee on the back. And I was doing dishes a glass feel in the sink and broke, I went to wash it (wasn't paying attention) and as I twisted my hand my skin ripped on the glass and got two huge cuts on my right hand! Needed about 10 stitches for those!

18. FJ Cruiser

Bouldering. I missed a foothold in an overhang, causing me to swing wildly, fall without control, and torque my ankle weirdly.

19. vyvance

Ouch.

20. Kidd

Kidd Guest

I've never broken any bones but I have plenty of scars. I have favorites. I have a tiny one across my left knuckles from when I punched my brother through a glass window, and I have two identical scars on the back of my legs from a surgery I had during high school to lengthen my Achilles tendons.

And I also am probably going to have some pretty impressive scarring (it's perfectly shaped like a heart) on my right knee. I fell during a sprint when I was running one day and basically tore all the skin off of my kneecap. That happened right before thanksgiving and I still have a bruise or something from it.