1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you been accused of being gay?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by mes1995, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Shadows123

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Most people I meet think I'm either gay or just really feminine. Back when I was 13, people just highly suspected I was and people still do but they don't say anything. One of my best friends who I'm not out to teases me a little when I do something "gay" but it's not in a hurtful way but it wouldn't surprise me if he thought I was just a little bit.

2. Joelouis

I have heard that a few associates think I'm gay, but these same people have accused many people of being gay, which makes me suspect they are hiding something.

3. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't want to start a pity-party, but I got tormented relentlessly when I was in 7th grade for being a "faggot" among other anti-gay slurs. I have always liked pink and I had a few articles of clothing that were pink and people didn't like that apparently. This was way before I even had any idea I was gay. I actually had to leave school halfway through because it got so bad. One time an entire class of kids were all making fun of me at once and the teacher just stood there and laughed. He was a huge asshole.

4. TENNYSON

TENNYSON Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Yep, happened several times. Not in a really mean-spirited way, but things like "what are you, gay?" or something like that. It happens because I tend to be kind of feminine, but the funny thing is the exact opposite happens because I have so many female friends, people think I'm a "pimp" or whatever. It's kind of amusing that my sexuality confuses people.

5. Burnedcloset

Not lately. But, I used to be. Denied it every time.

It was not directly though. They would ask dumbass questions to see what I would say.

6. lyjo

Most people used to think I was a lesbian. Then they forgot about it, and then I came out. What's funny is that some people are quite surprised when they find out and a few immature fucks have said "But you don't look like one". Oh yeah, sorry, I'll go get a mohawk, flannel shirts, and Harley. Wtf...
    Wow, I went off topic. Yeah, some people do assume I'm a lesbian, and the people in my class kept on accusing me of it. But I never got bullied or anything, so I'm lucky. :slight_smile:

7. Ghost93

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A few days ago my extremely homophobic roommate (who has explicitly stated he can't stand gay people and thinks they are all a bunch of disgusting perverts) asked if I was gay. Of course I said no. He took a sigh of relief and said "You better not be".

What an asshole. When I graduate in three months I'll come out to him. Wonder what his reaction will be at that point.

8. ANewDawn

Ya I was sleeping over by a friend and me another girl were overtly flirting and climbing all over each other for a joke - but my friend was like "that was way too convincing, you're a lesbian." I was in denial back then, but she was the first person I came out too :wink:

9. hat123

Yes of course :grin: . I didn't date at all during high school, so people started to suspect that I am gay. And they are right :roflmao::roflmao:

10. Steam Mecha

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
  11. Nekoko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been accused of being a gay male before! Which is false on both counts :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: One of my friends mom's did however accuse me of being transgender one time out of the blue which was a huge shock to me o_o

12. TacobellKFC

Out Status:
    A few people
    Oh yeah, for some reason most of my family at some point confronted me or made suggestive remarks about my sexuality, I guess its cause I never dated I think.IDK.Damn assumptions.

13. HelloSweetie

Yeah, when I was like 17/18 people would say that I'm butch and must be lesbian. One person in particular thought I was in a relationship with my best friend. This was all before I had been able to accept that I'm bi and I really don't think it helped, because I really didn't like being called butch! :confused:

14. DougTheBicycle

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, but when I came out to a friend and talked about an old crush with a mutual friend in high school, she mentioned that she wondered if there was something there.

15. shota

shota Guest

yes I have been accused of being a gay male even though I'm androgynous even though I later came out as a transperson trust me people literally believe i'm a gay male I guess I would have to say at the same time some times I just feel like dis in gender

16. Absol

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I think people may have thought I was because I didn't have a girlfriend in high school and declined a couple of offers from girls, but they never asked me. Closest I can think of was when I was checking out my gym teachers ass and my friend caught me staring. All he said was "What are you looking at!?", I said "Oh nothing...", and he just gave me a strange look.

Also, my brother has called me "gay" before, but I never took any offense to it and he's 100% supportive of me when I came out to him.

17. Falklands Sheep

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I guess I'll leave my first post in a while here.

So far, only one person has figured it out without me telling him, and he did ask. It's funny, though. The whole reason behind it was my lack of comment, or rather, saying "I don't care" when it came to a woman walking past us on the street.

The guy was drooling, and I stood there not giving a damn.

18. doglover44

doglover44 Guest

plenty of times people said it

19. About 4 years ago my best girl friend at the time asked me, though at the time I didn't realize that's what she was asking. Being gay hadnt crossed my mind and wouldnt for another year. Guess she knew me better than I knew myself.

20. Elendil

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The only time I was actually accused of being gay was back in the 5th grade and the guy was just being a jerk; a typical bully. I don't have any of the stereotypical traits of being gay, so it actually comes as a bit of a surprise to people when I tell them because they never suspected it.