1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eating out alone

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lad123, Jul 5, 2012.

1. Philvanuirle

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yes! LOL

2. Vanc

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If I'm travelling and it's obvious that I'm a tourist in an area, then I'd do it. Otherwise, I refuse to eat out alone! I don't like people judging me >.<

3. bob94

Wow, I feel extremely immature. When I read the title of this thread, I couldn't help but think something...perverted. But it made some of the replies quite entertaining to read :slight_smile:.

4. dl72

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I do it sometimes. Not a big deal. We all have too eat, and I am not going to worry about if someone is looking at me. It really is not their business anyway.

5. Sherri

People are so odd. I do almost everything alone. Eating out is no exception, though I usually don't end up doing it, since I view it as a social thing. I don't go out to eat for the food; I do it because it's a casual way to have a friendly get-together without needing to tidy up my apartment :lol:.

6. NoPlanB

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm fine with going to the movies alone, but eating at a restaurant is completely different. I feel really awkward by myself there, especially at restaurants my friends work at.

7. FederalJack

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I go out and eat alone quite often because of my job, I'm away from home for usually a week or more at a time. Usually I will sit at the bar or counter so I'm not in the center of the room by myself.

8. vyvance

Sometimes I eat alone during my lunch breaks from work, but I usually just go home and eat. Really not that awkward. People don't really care enough to take prolonged interest into why you are eating alone. I'd wager the thought never even crosses most people's minds.

9. Mercuree

Heh. I have enough trouble sitting by myself in a bar while waiting for friends! And I don't think that that is even considered unusual or anything. I just don't like it..

10. GingerGuy

I can go out to eat alone, but not in a big fancy restaurant. Just at snack places like Chipotle, einstein and bagles, etc. The good part is that this way nobody gets worried when I rush to the restroom to release the indigestion caused by so much mexican burrito lol

11. silkfrog1292

I eat out alone all the time, once i even tried an evening meal at an upscale restaurant by myself. True, the waiters may give you some strange looks but so what? I came here for the food and not for the *ahem* waiters.

that said, i also think that the time i spend eating alone is when i can think, daydream, phase out or simply do stuff that i like. :slight_smile:

12. GayJay

I had never done this before until yesterday at my college interview. Didn't know anybody there and i was a lot younger than the boys in my class to(gonna be a awkward year) so i went to Mcdonalds by myself :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    Felt really weird and i didn't have my phone or i-pod so yes a awkward time it was.

13. Deaf Not Blind

Opposite, I aint never been to a movie alone, why bother, I have nobody to tell how lame the plot is and how that can't really happen!

Unless it was a luxurious ritzy place on Saturday night, I have no issue eating alone. But at PF Changs, one time the man waiting on me seemed to feel pity for me. That was strange. Im independent, no siblings, never dated, don't mean I can never eat out.

14. GingerGuy

I went to a restaurant today, for the first time in, I believe, a couple of years. The food was very good and I had nothing to complain about it. But I'm pissed about a certain guy who was supposed to meet me there, but decided to "disappear" instead. :-/

Anyway, if any of you go through a similar situation as I did, just click here to cheer yourselves up:

The Muppets (2011) - 'Me Party' (Official Clip) (HD) - YouTube

Have fun! :-D

15. castle walls

I'm the exact same way. If I'm on my lunch break (which is obvious since I'm in my work uniform) then I'll eat alone at a fast food place. I wouldn't go to a "normal" wait for the waiter to put you somewhere type of restaurant alone. I wouldn't judge anyone else for doing it but I wouldn't do it myself

16. Delta

I'm fine with eating alone. I don't understand all the fuss, it's not like anyone else is judging you on your aloneness. And if they were, chances are they'd be totally wrong. I eat out alone, and I still have great friends and an awesome girlfriend, so joke's on them. :slight_smile:

17. Chrissouth53

When I traveled for business, a lot of times I'd get to a restaurant and it would be crowded. A couple of times I'd meet a woman who was alone and when my table was ready, I'd ask her to join me so she wouldn't have to wait and I wouldn't have to eat alone (now, I'd ask a guy, too). I met a couple of nice women this way.

But when I ate alone on the road, I always had stuff to do while I sat there and never felt conspicuous.

18. Priler

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I though it was somewhat akward eating out allone but after I started living by miself and got tired of cooking all my food I started going out and doing it and no one has ever said anything or stared they just go to eat.

19. Pippa

Pippa Guest

Unfortunately I eat out alone all the time.... and now I feel worse about it than I did.... I didn't realize that people stared at you when you walked in, I guess I have had to train myself to ignore peoples' stares for so long that I'm immured to it. I don't have a girlfriend and if all the stuff I'm going through right now continues, it isn't very likely that I ever will.... and I HATE cooking! So I go out. I guess it's just as well because I live in a red county in a red state and if I brought a girlfriend with me people would become openly hostile. So I guess for now it's dine alone, I hate fast food unless it's Chipotle and they're too far away, so table for 1, waiter!

20. Zontar

Eating out alone? I'm nowhere near that flexible.

Wait a tick...