I really needed EC

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by laras, Jul 3, 2012.

1. laras

I used to play an MMO purely for the chat. not Role play or anything but just to connect with people. After 5 years I found that my friends list was mostly LGBT people. The list was actually quite big. I could spend hours talking to them about normal things and I felt always more able to connect with them vrs people who were not gay.

Don't get me wrong, I had non gay friends... I guess I just loved the nature of people who are more accepting.

I stopped playing games a wile ago, and was hanging out with friends drinking. I could FEEL the lack of communication with people who were like me. I felt... like I was missing something.

I typed in google "bisexual chat"... whoa that was a mistake! All I saw was "hook up" websites. So i started typing more words in. Found this website after a few min of searching and its exactly what I needed. More so then my communications with my gay friends on my video game. Not only do I get to read peoples stories when they are feeling brave, sad or needing to connect but I can also post things that I have always wanted help with. (i think I spam check all of posts I have made/commented on)

I didn't need a dating website, nor am I looking to "hook up" with people.

I am just so grateful this website exists. (I am also grateful for built in spell checker on Firefox ^.-)(!)

2. SkyDiver

I'm grateful that it exists as well.

It's nice to be in a group where I'm actually part of the majority. :slight_smile: Since I don't hang out with any gay friends...

We're all one big happy family here!

3. laras

Every time I see a new member I hope they enjoy it as much as I do (being new myself, I only found this website this weekend)

I like to see how much people care and help each other out! And love how there is more places to post then just problem needing support (even though I love to read those as well) but a place that you can talk about anything!

So happy!

4. Deaf Not Blind

i been here since March. I can use it to open up my deepest secrets, and find out I am not alone at all! I had always figured I was alone, the only person who acted tis way thought like this...and every single horrid scary secret...somebody tells me ME TOO, I did that! It feel such relief that I have EC to privately come out openly everything even the badest of bad...and not be shunned.

It has led me towards acceptance, to hope that I can become me, there will be friends for me after I come out or transition, being straight or cis-gender does not equal happiness or goodness just commonness, and I have hinted on Facebook recently...I used words come out...because Im inwardly begging to be asked so I can tell. I am that close to outing myself now.
    Without EC, I would be in a corner, masturbating, crying, and not at all out. Because of the people willing to be my friends no matter what I am becoming a better man...and I feel loved.

5. spud

Hi once again quite new to the site.

I have known most of my life that I am gay but it is something that I have been in denial of all that time. Why that I’m not shore of at this time but this is the year for me to find myself and my way forward in the world. As for gay friends I don’t have any (that I know are gay at any rate)

I found EC some weeks ago and as a site I feel for the first time in years I have found somewhere that I can find support and good people to talk with.
    What the site has done for me in the 5 weeks I have been here is great I found I posted thing about my live that I have never said to anyone before and just by doing that I am now opening up to myself. So before I can go forward in the world as me I need to know who me is or who I wish to be and this I think is a safe place for me to look at myself and to find the help I wish to find.

Thanks to all of you out there

today is a good day:smilewave

6. Night Rain

Hehe me too! I was downhearted but now I feel like I could take on the whole world. I'm not scared anymore.
    I can talk about stuffs here that other people would find weird. I feel much better now.
    I don't need a dating service. I just need someone to talk to and make friends with. :grin:

7. Mercuree

I know exactly how you feel! And I am also totally grateful for EC! And everyone on it! (&&&)

8. SkyDiver

Btw, I'm really angry at you for beating me in the Tetris tournament. :tantrum:
    Haha, just kidding. :icon_wink Nice score!

9. Night Rain

Tetris is my thing hehe.:icon_wink

10. Haha, that's kind of how I found EC too. I searched a specific question though, and brought me here. Lurked around for a bit, testing the waters before I joined.

Always thought I was fairly confident. But, discovered I actually really wasn't. Still had issues to work on. Reading about others going through similar problems. Wow, what an eye-opener. Still learning about myself. Or even coming here, just to have fun. I tell you what though, I've become addicted to EC.

The work that goes into making this site the way it is, and the people who are apart of it are incredible.

I agree though. EC is like this haven to me, it's not even part of the internet. I mean, everywhere else you go, there's always trolls, or really ignorant, bigoted hate filled comments. Here it's just so accepting, and everyone is so supportive of one another. Even if we don't necessarily agree on some topics. It's "civilized" here.

Makes me kind of sad, it's like, if only we could somehow transfer this to the entire world.

11. Deaf Not Blind

yep, i know many Christians who would love this place...except for all the gays.
    um, wait, thats what makes this place work right...but um, it is a bad thing? well, i uh, hum...guess until the world is able to love us as is, it can't handle the truth...

12. Nope it takes all kinds of people here. And there's of course people who believe in religion here. Think it's just a common ground that we all kind of know what each other is going through.

I have (straight) Christian friends who'd enjoy this place. They love LGBT folks. But, we'll keep this place to ourselves. ^_^

13. Mercy

Mercy Guest

this made me cry I love Ec so so much
    ec has helped me deal with loss and fear and so many other things
    im so greatfull

14. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    EC is a truly amazing place.

I know it sounds cheesy, but I like cheese so who cares. I've been here for over 3 years now and have no immediate plans for departing because I love this place. It is one of the few places I have discovered (online or in person) where I feel I can be myself entirely.

Sexuality issues aside (which I rarely post about anyway, as I haven't experienced them enough to give sage advice to others), EC is a place of extreme support for both those on the precipice of depression, confusion, or even suicide, but we can also celebrate the highs in life. I think that's what attracts everyone here and keeps some of us around for 3, 4, 5+ years. The sense of support and community not easily found in other communities be they virtual or otherwise.

So yeah, here's to EC, and the many who love it! :slight_smile: