1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does your voice matches the stereotypes?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by GingerGuy, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can't even begin to describe my voice. My partner said my voice is fine and it's quite soothing. I don't know what that says about me and the stereotypes though.

2. Mysz

You sound like my aunt Kash =)

3. AlexTheBlogger

My voice is too low in relation to a girl's voice, but too high in relation a boy's voice. It's annoying because I'm a trans boy and my voice makes my disphorya worse.

4. Tic Code

My voice is actually pretty deep and no trace of a lisp whatsoever xD

5. ScatteredEarth

No offense, but I could tell the instant I heard that voice :3

6. SurprisingDanny

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah kinda. I talk with kind of a fast high lilting voice. The new zealand accent sort of hides it, because our accent has a natural neutrality and flatness to it, but I do speak with that sort of gay tone.

but my voice has a lot of variation to it, sometimes I speak with a deep voice when I'm speaking quietly, and when I'm excited I make many tone variations. Sometimes I get lazy and don't even speak in a particular dialect I just make word sounds using mouth movements that use the least effort.

It's weird but almost every gay male I know has that sort of voice. Its the only way i've ever known to guess who is gay (and I'm usually right using that method). I wonder if it supports the argument that homosexuality has a genetic root.

7. Tim

Tim

I know that. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: What annoys me is I didn't try to make my voice like that. It just... did. xD

I hate my voice like crazy. Even when I randomly get told "You have a great voice." when answering phones at the Food Bank like yesterday, I still hate it. Lol. Apparently I have a great phone voice. xD It was called both great and soothing by two different people yesterday. I was a little disturbed.

I can make my voice sound non stereotypical by forcing myself to lower my voice, but it feels like I'm talking extremely low when it's really just a normal tone. :S My voice was never high, so I don't know when it became as such. And honestly, it's not worth the hassle to manually lower my voice all the time to sound non-stereotypical. If someone has a problem with my voice, they can bite me. xD I may not like it, but it's me.

#227 Tim, Sep 19, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
  8. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

I've been told I have a nice voice.

For a woman. :dry:

Too fucking high. I've always hated it, though my singing voice I sorted of liked as long as I mentally distanced myself from it. As a guy, there's no way I'll pass with it. Only times I've been able to pass, barely spoke.

Stereotypical lipstick lesbian voice methinks.

9. CallMeRexy

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My voice isn't deep at all and is rather incredibly high-pitched. I hate it. :lol:

Though not because I want a deep voice or anything, but it's higher-pitched than a normal female voice and people always think I'm younger then what I actually am. (They always think I'm 12 when I'm actually 18 :eusa_doh:slight_smile:

10. So lost

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    My voice is not really high but it's not deep etheir my voice is in the middle

11. Aussir

I'm told my voice is deep and soothing with soft husky underlying tones to it.

Don't ask me... that's what I'm told and I hate hearing my voice when recorded so I'm not even going there.

I've had at least 3 people taking a good look at me because my voice seemingly doesn't match how I look (I suppose that at 5'4" they expected this chirpy voice or something), and I've had at least one person stopping on its tracks and dishing out "your voice is really deep" at me.

So... I guess my voice is deep? I suspect it has to do with me having naturally high T levels...

12. blueberrymuffin

I get mixed feedback on this. Some tell me i don't "sound gay", others say it's noticeable.

13. stephenstills

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My voice is manly and I usually talk slowly, especially when I'm explaining things. True fact.

14. Ridiculous

No my voice doesn't, probably because

15. VelvetEYES

My voice is fairly dynamic. Depends on the time of day and if I've been talking much. It can range from sounding really girly and high to sounding kind of androgynous at times which irks me.

16. Tim

Tim

I don't think I've ever actually heard someone's voice from New Zealand, now that I think about it.

17. chercheur

chercheur Guest

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Gah, it depends, I have more than one voice, because I practiced it during transition, so, yeahh. My natural voice is...well pretty femme. It sounds like a femme gay boy, but it still passed tbh. Then my female voice...jaah, it was pretty good, actually, haha.

Male voice (the one I use NOW after DE transition, and the one I had before I did ANYthing to it):

####### | Voice message (gaahh, I sound hella weird in this recording, like I have to pee or something, sorrry)

Female voice (the one I used during my transition period, I do not use this, anymore):

####### | Voice message

My voice was always girly, naturally, haha, so, yeah. Can't help that cause the first recording is exactly how it sounded before I even did ANYthing to it..

18. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

:eek: You sounded more feminine than me and I'm FAAB!

19. chercheur

chercheur Guest

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Bwahaha, thaanks. Jaaah...I passed exceptionally well, no lie, and no shame in admitting that. Which is, I guess, how I kinda reconcile my detransition..it wasn't about passing, for me. It wasn't about anything silly or shallow. It was about what was RIGHT for me, and transition wasn't it. No regrets, cause I wouldn't have known unless I tried :grin:

20. Emulator

I have a hoarse voice due to phlegm, but pitch-wise I wouldn't say it's extremely high, nor is it too low.