Gay with straight male best friend?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Night Rain, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Night Rain

:grin: I know about the straight women, and I'm not worried about your friends hitting on the gay guys there. It's the opposite. I'm worried that they would get hit on by the gay guys and that would be very awkward. But I get your point. They're really supportive. Amazing.:icon_bigg

2. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh ok lol yeah that has happened before. A nice gay guy asked one of the straight guys to dance. The straight guy politely said "Sorry, but I'm straight." And the gay guy thanked him and walked on. My straight friend wasn't weirded out at all, in fact he felt really guilty for letting down the guy. Straight guys at gay clubs shouldn't be offended if a gay guy hits on them.

3. *raises hand*

My best friend is a straight male and we've been friends for 11 years now. It was our common interests, similar growing up, and sick sense of humour that led us into our friendship. But, we'd been friends for 7 years before I came out, then after I did, he didn't give a damn. He still loves me, we're pretty much the same people, although we've both matured slightly. My other best friend is a straight girl. We've been friends for 5 years. And, they're really the only 2 people that I can call friends, although they're more like family. ^_^ We're quite the trio though. I love 'em to death.

So, it exists. I guess it depends on the person, and situations though.

4. Deaf Not Blind

To get along with women, agree with them on everything, let them do all the talking, watch the boring chick flicks (bring a cell phone to text or a soft jacket to sleep with), let them take you to the mall and tell them you are looking over there (in reality go text friends to support your suffering), and for real fun cook for the girls! They do like food just as much as anybody! Then they will talk about their bf and makeup again.

But seriously, Im glad to hear I can possibly come out to my friends and not worry about it overly changing our friendships irreparably. WHEW! I think I am going to be out within the year.

5. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

I'll join the rest and say that its def possible.

I myself get a long easier with girls, but two of my best friends are straight guys who are totally supportive.

It really isn't as awkward or weird as you think it would be. There might be jokes and things, but that's just what friends do. Don't worry too much about it :slight_smile:

6. Level75

My best friend is male and straight. We've been friends for about 12 years now. Of course, I do believe he is my best friend. Of course, I have only been out to him about the last 2 so, if he had known much earlier, who knows?

But it's pretty hard to beat a history like that. In general though, I seem to just get along better with men. Straight or otherwhys. I'm at a loss on how to talk to women.

7. Loras

Well my flatmate is 1 of my best friends I just talk to him about guys, infact its very rare that its even mentioned infront of him and then theres a group of guys from my classes and there some of my very best friends. Infact since I came out 1 of them chased me around their flat naked and down the street he also tries to pash me even though i know for sure hes straight. But my very best friends are both girls but I also have straight male best friends as well

8. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, I have one best friend, known him for 12 years, but out to him only for 5 years. We don't see much of each other these days, but we always stay in contact. Since I've come out to him, it just felt like our friendship grew stronger. I was even there when his son was born.

9. FJ Cruiser

Most of my friends are straight guys and there a handful of girls.

10. Risque

Out Status:
    A few people
    Oh yeah dude my best friend is in the military, super buff, and really, and I mean really straight but he loves me! It's just nice to have those people around. Heck, he even let's me hit on dues in bars as long as I help be his wingman with women :wink:

11. Eponine

Most of my friends are straight guys, and they're more than happy to go to things like pride with me.

12. sanguine

my best friend use to be a straight male, the asshole created a bunch of problems with me and his ex girlfriend, now the ex girlfriend is my best friend (the moron thought I was trying to steal his girlfriend which in my opinion was really a cover up for the real reason to why they arent together), AND he knew I was gay at the time, too much drama for me to explain.

So its possible, my group of friends are all straight males except my best friend, heck even she doesnt like hanging with girls, she prefers coming over to my place so we can play online games together and chit chat about people she hates

13. needshelp

well, i think it's harder to have gay male friends than straight male friends because the gay friends are either make themselves distant or seem like they want to hook up or date. i feel more at ease with my straight male friends and i would never even think of hooking up with them or whatever. they aren't my type. not out to them though so you can say that plays a part but even if i were out to them, they would still just be friends to me.

#33 needshelp, Jun 28, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
  14. DanA

Well, I have two best friends I've been friends with since... well, diapers. They're both straight as an arrow. Now, it seems, their main focus is getting me a man... so yeah, gay/straight friend relationships can last. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

We're all just people. Gay, straight, bi, trans... it don't matter none no how.

I guess I'm lucky to have these guys around to lean on. They were instrumental to me coming out and I can't thank them enough.

15. ryanninjasheep

My best friend knows I like him and doesnt even care

16. Lewis

I have a straight best friend that can indeed sometimes be a little homophobic and then on another day be more gay than I am! He has a couple of other gay friends too (that are out, unlike myself) and he gets on with them just fine, sometimes a little more than he should! We've all planned to go to a gay club and he wants to go more than I do, and gay pride. I dislike both gay clubs and gay pride, so I'm basically going for him!

He's like my brother, so me being gay shouldn't affect our relationship, I don't think he should have any fear that I'm going to pounce on him or anything. I mean we've slept in the same bed and it was just like sleeping next to a friend, nothing more. They can work, but try not to fall in love with them, or grope them! xD

17. Night Rain

I've always wanted a male best friend, because girls don't have hobbies like mine.
    Now that I've heard two people say that their straight male friends wanted to go to gay bars, are you two sure they're straight and not bi? :astonished:

18. DirtyGenre

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My best friend is a straight guy and I'm gay. It's not uncommon at all!

19. J Snow

Granted my situation may be a bit different with the whole gender dysphoria, but my best friend is a straight guy. In fact, the vast majority of my friends are straight guys.

20. Bolin

Hmmm...I always end up falling for my straight best friends, save for a few in elementary school.