Who Else Do You Know LGBT?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by secretguyX, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Fiddledeedee

I don't know anybody else; I haven't even met another LGBT person, to my knowledge.

2. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My dad's cousin, two people I used to go to school with, and one cousin I have my suspicions about. Other than that I don't really know

3. Catkin

A few of my friends at college: two gay guys, one girl who is lesbian and another who is bi. I've never even heard rumours of anyone being gay in my home town though, and I don't think anyone has ever been out in the local highschool.

4. aeva

Not as many as I would like. I don't really know any other lesbians, but I do have several female friends (as well as 2 aunts) that are bisexual with a preference for women. I have a ton of gay male friends (my age, and friends of my parents), and one bi male friend, although I tend to hang out way more with guys than girls anyway.

I don't know any trans kids in person, unfortunately.

5. Maxis

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    About four. My lesbian ex (split because of homophobia and peer pressure :/), and 3 friends: a bisexual girl, a bisexual guy, and a homoflexible girl. They're all really awesome people and I talk to all 4 pretty often. :3

6. Xeno

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Besides my best friend who is a lesbian, I don't think there's anyone else I know.

7. J Snow

With the exception of my ex and his friends, I can only think of one friend/acquaintance who I don't really talk to anymore. To the extent of my knowledge I don't have any LGBT family.

8. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

I enjoy surrounding myself with LGBT people and have almost made it a goal...so tons. My cousin is also gay so yay :slight_smile:

9. FJ Cruiser

- My mom's cousin is a lesbian I found out recently.
    - There were several people from high school who were, but I wasn't friends with them.
    - I actually found out last week that a friend/acquaintance from high school has told people he was bisexual before. This might sound bad, but given his behavioral tendencies, I have a hard time believing that he's not just straight and keeping an open mind.
    - One of my best friends is a gay guy magnet, so I've met a couple through him.
    - A good friend of mine is gay. We knew each other for months before we came out to each other, and we sorta had a thing, but we're not trying to make anything work for now.

10. Of Mice and Men

My uncle is gay and lives in a nearby city with his boyfriend :slight_smile:

11. Gen

Gen

Wow, luck you :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

As far as I know not many are "out". But I am friends with quite a few who are gay and a few bis. Though there are probably more than I know because I have alot of female friends and I cant tell what they are for the life of me. But I can pick all the guys out of crowds.

My school is basically LGBT friendly, to a extent. Like I have many noticable fem friends and they dont get bullied. They're are few openly gay people and I know that they atleast arent physically bullied. However, there are those small homophobic groups that will insult the openly gay ones, but there are also groups who will stand up against those people too. So it balances out.

I have 2 cousins on differents sides though. 1 boy. 1 girl. I dont think their coming out went well :/. Though "thier sides of family" arent blood related to my side, and my side was actually telling them to go easy one the kids so I guess it is better on this side lol

12. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a gay uncle, a bisexual 2nd cousin, a gay distant cousin, a lesbian step-cousin - non of whom I am in contact with, and 2 of which I have never met.

My neighbor is Transgender though, and she's one of the few people that I interact with semi-regularly. I walk her dog when she leaves town. :slight_smile:

13. Heyitsme

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know one gay guy: my ex boyfriend. I know two bisexual girls (one in Georgia and one back in England), and one bisexual guy (my current boyfriend). To my knowledge I don't know any lesbians or transgendered people.

14. my friend circle is 50/50 lgbt & straight.

i think about 3 family members i know are gay.
    and i know of a million and one lgbt people, like just know.... not like theyre my friend or owt lol.

15. Kidd

Kidd Guest

I have a gay younger brother, a gay uncle, a very distant cousin of mine in Colorado is a lesbian. My best friend at college is a lesbian, and I have a few other lesbian and bisexual friends. My sister has gay friends, my brother has gay friends, one of my best friends was adopted by a lesbian couple as a baby. And then I know dozens and dozens of other out gay people but I wouldn't exactly call them friends. We're acquaintances, I guess.

16. Martee

Martee Guest

Primary schoolmate - lesbian.
    Co-worker - lesbian.
    Friend - may be gay.

17. vyvance

A guy I used to work with, and my old boss as well.

18. Bolin

A couple of people I used to hang out with (sort of) in high school came out as gay after they graduated (one graduated 2 years before me, the other one year (and I used to have a crush on him)). There were two more that graduated after me, but they were out in high school and were dating each other briefly.

As for family, I have a cousin who is a lesbian, but she lives far away, and despite being Facebook friends, we never talk (she's never really on anyways...). I also have two other cousins who are gay and bi...they're brothers. But...they're not good people, so I make sure I have as little contact with them as possible.

19. alexi12

alexi12 Guest

Family: my mom's cousin is gay
    Friends: one gay and one lesbian
    But being in band and choir in high school I've met quite a few..

20. nebenebe

Lafayette, Louisiana, USA, North America, Earth
    I know several lesbian and bisexual women, but I don't know any gay men (as far as I know).