I have to picture myself as a boy

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by confusedlady, Jun 22, 2012.

1. confusedlady

confusedlady Guest

How come every time I picture myself with a woman, in a relationship I see myself as a being boyish. Like I see myself looking like a boy, I feel like if I remain looking girly as I am right now I will compare myself to her. I also don't want to have boobs or any female parts if I'm with a woman. Is this weird?

2. kayce

kayce Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I don't think that's weird

3. confusedlady

confusedlady Guest

does that mean I also want to be a man as well...

4. Nykoru

Out Status:
    Some people
    Not necessarily :slight_smile: While I think it would be worthwhile to consider the possibility of being transgendered, you could well be genderfluid - harder to explain to parents, easier on the wallet XD

5. Bree

Best advice I can give is: Research genderqueers and transmen, and best of luck figuring it out. I know I haven't yet.

6. confusedlady

confusedlady Guest

I'm honestly so freaked out. I'm 7 months pregnant and I've never wanted to be with a woman before like seriously and now I even want to change my gender. Like I wear baggy clothes and am disgusted by my boobs, I hate that I have them, all of a sudden I have this weird desire to change sexes and never be with a man again. And when I think off sex with a woman I think it would be boring unless I had a penis, like a real one. Wtf.

#6 confusedlady, Jun 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2012
  7. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Confusedlady - this sounds like your hormones may be doing something. Hormones can be quite psycho-active drugs (in other words, they have powerful effects on the mind), and during pregnancy, the body has more different hormones in it, and typically in greater concentrations, so it could be related. I would try to not worry about it too much, but if you are really worried, you may want to seek a therepist that deals with gender issues. Considering you are 7 months along, though, you may wish to wait 3-6 months if you aren't having too much of an issue coping with it, as your hormone levels should stabilize after the pregnancy, though it can take a few months. AFIK, gender issues therepy can be quite expensive, and often isn't covered by insurance.