1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

An LGBT story I wrote I thought I would share.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TheGreyMan, Jun 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. laras

Oh my goodness! I read this the entire way through, and i had to be to bed an hour ago.

I LOVED IT!!

You really had me feel the redness of his face and the fear of being cought!

<3!!!!!

Thank you for sharing!

---------- Post added 7th Jul 2012 at 12:51 AM ----------

That story really got to me btw! I think im going to start picking up more male romance novels... is that weird? *blush*

2. TheGreyMan

It was midnight when the two boys had finally roused from their rest. The storm had ceased, leaving only clear skies and the damp smell of an old rain. Flashes of lightning no longer filtered through the window, leaving the room near dark. Until their eyes had adjusted, Ben and Jack clumsily attempted to get some stability on the floor next to the bed. They slowly removed themselves from each other, though it was difficult, as they had held on for what seemed like forever. Ben was the first to make it off the mattress, and he gave his hand to Jack, who he helped up.

"Good morning, darl- Sorry, Ben." Said Jack, embarrassed. The boy brushed at his hair with his fingers, in attempts to comb the mess that rested atop his head. He finally managed to get it to settle in a way that was somewhat normal.

"There's no issue in calling me that, you know." Ben reminded. "We're together now, aren't we?"

Jack smiled. "I suppose we are." Ben grabbed his phone from his pocket, frantically swiping at the touch screen in order to access an application.

"Speaking of together..." Ben began. "...you haven't accepted my relationship request."

"Well, when have I got an opportunity to do so? I had this warm creature holding me in a near-choke hold all night. I could barely breathe." Jack remarked with a smirk, clearly kidding. "I'll do it in a second..." He leaned over to give Ben a kiss on the forehead. "...darling."

Ben blushed, pleased by what he was called. He watched slowly as the technological genius tapped furiously onto his keyboard, pressing enter when he finally completed his password. "You must've been doing this since you were born." Ben observed.

"Nah. It took a month or two before my fingers were big enough. Close, though." Jack joked. He looked up at the upper left corner, which was a flood of reds and blues. Only one notifcation mattered, however. Over the friend icon, a flash of burning red appeared, and he knew that it was the relationship request. He clicked it and immediately accepted.

"God, took you long enough." Ben snorted, while letting his arms hang over Jack's shoulders. Jack loved the feeling of having Ben touch him more than anything, no matter how minimal it was. He threw his head back slightly and licked his nose.

"You're gross!" Ben laughed, although he liked the other teenager's playful mannerisms. Ever since they held each other, he felt he was really getting to know Jack himself, not the stoic, false personality which manifested in public places. He preferred him this way. In fact, it only made him like him more.

No notifcations came as a result of the change, but it was midnight. Most of the parents around the area who sent their kids to the SFCPA were very strict, imposing an early bedtime. Jack's parents may have been the same way for awhile, but it was honestly impossible to even try to enforce rules like that when they were gone almost all the time.

"Want to go for a walk?" Jack asked, putting Ben's hands in his and lightly massaged him.

"It's 12:15 in the morning! We have school tomorrow!" Ben cried.

"And?"

"Well, you have a point." Ben agreed, defeated, but happy to go somewhere with Jack.

The two left out the front door, tiptoeing quietly past Foster and Aaron, who were suspiciously close to each other. Upon a quick but close inspection, Jack saw that Aaron's head was actually resting on Foster's stomach, and two smiles permeated through their slumber. It was weird. They weren't together as well, were they? Aaron was such a homophobe... Was it all out of fear?

They departed after putting on their shoes. Jack opted for flip flops rather than his usual sneakers, as he had kicked off his socks long ago in the bed due to the heat. It was still warm and humid outside, but in a pleasant manner, so it was suitable footwear regardless.

The stars were incredibly bright and not a single cloud remained in the night sky. A full moon displayed itself proudly over the Floridian darkness, shining nearly as vibrantly as the sun did the day before when the storm had not crept over the state's reaches. It was beautiful. Hand in hand and without fear of being seen, the two walked together silently, admiring the view that the celestial objects provided.

"I've never seen it like this before..." Ben remarked, astounded. As the statement flew from his mouth, a shooting star passed over them, outperforming all other lights in the sky. It was marvelous. Without another word, they leaned into each other, embraced and kissed. Jack held Ben's cheeks softly and they began to sway, which eventually progressed into a slow dance. They grasped each other's waists tightly, moving back in forth in the motion that had been known so well to their culture that it was nearly ingrained into their subconscious.

"I never thought I'd be able to do that... With a guy, I mean." Ben murmured. "But honestly, it's better than I ever expected. This is just... all too perfect. Like, a dream or somethin-"

"You know..." Jack interrupted. "There was a shooting star. Aren't we supposed to make a wish?"

"Of course! I almost forgot." Ben exclaimed, a bit too loudly for the time of night. His excitement was adorable to Jack, however. He likened it to a puppy, eager to be brought home by a loving family. "Alright. I have one."

"Are you going to tell me it?" Jack asked.

"Well, then it wouldn't come true..." Ben said. "But it already has."

"Really?"

"I wished for you." He smiled.

"Well, I wished for you, too." Jack replied.

"How could it not come true, then?" He asked, while cradling the boys head against his chest. He brushed the hair off Jack's face. "Two people... Wishing on the same star for the same wish, a wish so pure and kind... How could this ever go wrong?"

"There are a lot of ways it could..." Jack admitted. "But as long as I have you, I'll fight through them, forever. Even if I lose my life in the process."

"You... really care that much?" Ben seemed surprised, his jaw slightly falling gradually, like a garage door being closed.

"That doesn't bother you, does it? I've already told you I loved you. You seemed ok with that."

"No, no... I'm just... happy to know we're on the same page here." Ben grinned.

"You're going to make me bleed, Ben. You're so perfect." Jack remarked.

"I know." He said, taking Jack's hand and spinning him. "D'ya want to sit down somewhere by the beach? I'm pretty sure we're close, since I can hear the waves and all." He was right. The beach was less than a block away and the crashing waters upon the shore were more than audible in the dead silence of the night.

"Sure. I know the way and all." Jack said, proudly. He lead Ben over and they crossed a few empty intersections, ignoring the lights telling them to stop, as they knew that no one would drive by this late in such a small town. The beach was a small one, but it was beautiful, nonetheless. The ocean caressed the land gently, pushing backwards as the tide began to change. The sound touched their ears like a mother singing to a child: The sea was a kind woman, caring for her own with delicate gestures of love.

A perfectly-situated bench laid before them and they sat down together. Jack pressed his head against Ben's shoulder, and Ben began to stroke the other boy's head slowly. His hair was soft and his head was as well, but Ben knew very well that the exterior was one that was deceiving: The stalwart spirit that resided inside Jack was unbreaking. He was glad to have gotten to him when he needed him the most, for even though he would never falter or fade, his happiness meant the world to Ben. At least, now it did.

"Jesus Christ." Jack said. "I just... I never thought I'd have anyone like you. Ever." Ben felt Jack's face growing red, a bit of a tear pouring down his cheek. "I never thought anyone would like me... That, anyone would love me. And now, you're here, just like that... If this is some cruel joke played by the universe, I... I wish it'd take me now."

Ben held him tighter than he ever had before. "No. Never ever. Even if I never came, you would find love. Because Jack, you're fucking you. You're smart, beautiful, amazing... fucking everything anyone could ever want, alright? Don't you ever fucking think you aren't loved, because I will sure as hell love you until I die. Until death to us part..." The words echoed in Jack's mind as he pushed himself further into Ben.

"I don't deserve anyone like you." He remarked, through quivering and shaking.

"No." Ben said. "You deserve better." He kissed him on the cheek in a chaste manner. "You deserve the fucking world. And I'll be damned if I don't try to give it to you."

"I... I just... Thank you. " He finally stuttered. "But... 'til death to us part.' Are we... married or something?" He joked.

"As married as we can get in this state..." Ben frowned. "That's my mission, Jack. I love you so much that with fists in the air I will fight for my right to say 'I do,' for the right to call you my husband, alright? That's how much I care. And I know, it's stupid, that I just met you and I already feel this strongly. But I do. For you, I'd even tell my awful, drunk, abusive excuse for a father figure who the hell I really am. For you, I'd scream it in the sky and let the stars be witness to the boy who loved so much, the boy who had the privilege to love the best man in the entire world."

"I'll be there." Jack beamed. "I'll be there, my hand in yours, saying the same words, because I'm sure that you're the best man, and it's this boy's privilege to be with you. You're flawless, like a diamond born of the earth already perfectly cut, never to be tamed onto a ring, for your brilliance could not ever be contained onto human flesh. No one deserves you, for you're far too great for a mere mortal. I sometimes wonder if you're but a god, encased in the flesh of a perfect man. Why you've chosen me, it astounds me."

"If that's the truth, then we're both gods. Do we get our own religion? " Ben playfully questioned.

"If we do, it's our religion. No one will be able to love you as much as I do." Jack said.

"But I'm so wonderful." He decreed, with a stuck-up tone in his voice. "Everyone must adore me."

"Fine. No religion, 'cause you're mine."

"Alright..." Ben sighed. "That means we don't get to have donations, though."

"I'd sell a kidney for you. Both of them." Jack pointed at his stomach. "And my heart, as it's already yours anyways."

"You need that to live, though. And without you alive, I'd die. " Ben grabbed a hold on one of Jack's ears. "I don't think you'd be as cute dead. Necrophilism ain't my cup of tea, anyways. But honestly... I'd kiss you, even if you were dead."

"Isn't that a Pierce the Veil lyric?" Jack smirked.

"You like them, too?" Ben exclaimed, hugging Jack. "You ARE perfect."

3. Hiems

I've read the chapters in your original post. This is a wonderfully written story! I'm dying to read more, but I gotta go to sleep >_<

4. Jared

I hope you keep writing this story, you are really talented and I enjoyed reading it.

5. BajanBoy13

Is there going to be a continuation?

6. TheGreyMan

Yes. I've just been a bit busy with summer things lately.

7. coolbreeze90

coolbreeze90 Guest

awwwwww, so great!
    i read it all, and LOVE it. You're quite talented! hope to read more by you dude!

8. coolbreeze90

coolbreeze90 Guest

I'd also like the author for the awesome dream i had last night

but apparently my boss doesn't like it, I slept in and missed work :grin:

9. AspieXLDS

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    GreyMan, while I haven't read all of what you've posted above, I felt compelled to write about what I felt while reading what I did (the first two-three chapters). I gotta say, that I felt like I was reading about my own high school years (although I obviously didn't attend a Catholic High School, being raised Mormon), but things certainly stood out. Noticing the attractiveness of other guys, calling the few female friends I had things like 'my lady' and other such 'nobility-like' titles. Heck, I remember having an uncomfortable moment in a technology class because I couldn't get a pass to leave, and there was this other guy (football team guy, I think) who was quite beautiful-looking. I didn't realize why, at the time, of course, or perhaps I did and just suppressed the possibility because there were already enough problems at home without adding that to the mixture. I only realized I was either bi or straight-out gay a year or so ago, and I only recently told someone who actually accepted that I was telling the truth and not just making a joke or something (my mom laughed off the idea when I told her....)

Keep writing, kid. I'd guess that in some cases, you're drawing from your own experiences. That's usually the best way to handle your first major writing projects; I recently published a book through Amazon CreateSpace and Kindle that is heavily inspired by my view on sexual predators, meaning those who use sex as a weapon against unwilling partners, regardless of orientation (though the majority I wrote about were heterosexual, possibly because I'm having a hard enough time accepting myself without writing about violent non-hets).

I'll keep reading when I get the chance, but keep up the good work. If you ever get this published (whether on your own or through a regular publisher) definitely let us know and I'll buy a copy. That was really, really moving. I don't normally say stuff like that about other writing, so take it as the compliment its meant to be. Dang, I wish I'd been half as good at writing at your age as you are.

10. TheGreyMan

When the two returned, it was past moments past two in the morning. They were exhausted, but filled mutual happiness derived from simply being with each other. The second the pair reached Jack's bedroom, they inelegantly flomped down onto the mattress, laughing amongst themselves in the pure joy of being together. In the pure darkness they held each other tightly, Ben stroking Jack's hair as if he were a newborn kitten. In what seemed to be a moment, they were fast asleep.

In the morning, the sun poured in onto their faces, illuminating their skin but also abruptly waking them. They were in luck that the sun still rose early, or else they may have been late. Ben turned to Jack and pressed a simple kiss to his forehead and extended a hand to get the half-asleep boy out of bed.

"Come on. We're not going to make it if you're just gonna lay around." Ben said, with a tone of command. He tugged at Jack's clothing softly, like a mother cat would with their young in their mouth. It was not helping the argument against Jack's kitten-like appearance. Of course, that argument was pretty one-sided.

"But, you're warm!" Jack protested. "Do we really have to go?" He pressed himself into Jack's chest and wrapped his arms around him, sliding down as Ben began to get up.

Ben smiled. "As much as we don't want to, it is the law, you know. And it's like, the third day. I think that would be a bit ridiculous to skip like, the third day, don't you think?" His tone was playful, but sincere. They couldn't skip today, no matter how much they wanted to.

Jack grabbed Ben's hand and began to stroke it softly. Their fingers slowly entered a neat clasp and Ben pulled the other boy up from his lazy position.

Jack exhaled deeply. "Alright, alright. I'm only doing it because you're pretty." He groaned. Pushing the covers off himself, he dragged himself out of bed and removed his shirt. Ben was a bit surprised by the notion. "I gotta get dressed." Jack explained.

"Oh." Ben said solemnly. He walked out to the bathroom to wash his hands and comb his hair, which had somehow managed to become messy even though his black hair was so short.

It took awhile for the realization to kick in, but Jack figured it out that Ben had no clothes. "Shit. You don't have a change with you, by any chance?" The other boy just shook his head. "Let me dig in my closet for something, alright?"

Jack searched fervently, but with no success. He turned next to his dresser, throwing clothes out of his drawers like a mad man until a small pile accumulated on the side of the room. "All of my stuff's way too small for you, dude... I'm sorry." He admitted, defeatedly.

"It's fine. I'll go in these, even if they are a bit wrinkled." Ben replied a slight frown touching his face. His words seemed to act in a reverse crescendo, slowly getting softer and more despondent as he spoke. Even though it was such a minor matter, the look on his face was similar to that of a boy whose dog just got hit by a car. Jack only wanted to cuddle him under a blanket and make him hot cocoa. He looked that depressed.

"You know what? I've got a solution." Jack took his clean clothes off and searched through his hamper for his previous garments. He placed them on, dirt and all. "Now we match, and you still look better than I do. You don't need to worry about it anymore." Jack told him. "Besides, I think you're wonderful, whether you're wearing a tuxedo or a towel."

"No, Jack, you don't need to do this! You wrecked your clothes on the bench last night. They're a mess, just like mine." Ben explained. It was true. The night before, a lot of sand had blown onto the two, causing them to look slightly homeless. They were having too much fun to notice this, however, as they even dove into the bed without cleaning them.

Jack put a hand on his face. "Hey, it'll be fine as long as I'm with you, alright?" Ben smiled in correspondance and reciprocated the gesture. Jack's face warmed and turned red. He still had a hard time believing that Ben was really his.

"Fine, fine. Whatever. If people make fun of you don't... Well, actually, I'll beat the shit out of them. But, you know what I mean." Ben laughed as he spoke, a large grin spreading across his face. "It's just gotten so great lately, I gotta tell you."

After Ben finished speaking, a small alarm sounded from somewhere in the room. "We better get going." Said Jack. "Do you want some like, cereal or something?" Even though they hadn't eaten for a long time, Jack didn't feel very hungry. He was simply too ecstatic to even want to eat anything.

"Eh, I'm OK." Ben said. "I don't really like cereal."

"I'm not too hungry either, to be honest. Wanna just go?"

"Sure."

Hastily grabbing their backpacks from the side of Jack's room that they lumped them in the day before, they descended the staircase and passed by Foster and Aaron, who were currently watching television.

"What the hell are you two waiting for?" Jack asked. "You're gonna be late as hell if you just sit here."

"We're skipping." Said Aaron, in a surprisingly careless and un-defiant tone. He seemed to not even worry about the nine layers of hell he could enter for skipping a day of school, which even for a rebel like Aaron, was odd.

"Actually, no, you're not." Jack crossed his arms. "We've just started school again. It's time to go. You're not missing this."

"You said something a lot different earlier..." Said Ben. "I think you suggested doing the exact same thing. You aren't getting all hypocritical now, are you?" He laughed and his face lit up.

"Shh, you're not helping. And you know you're relatively convincing." Jack said, holding back his own chuckles. Ben smirked. "Regardless, I'm not going to let you stay home. I'm not gonna help your case if you don't come along, either. You're going to be in a world of pain when Mom and Dad come back."

"He's right. We'd be stupid to miss today." Added Foster, who began to pull Aaron by the arm while whispering something into his ear. They definitely had changed in each other's eyes. Aaron reluctantly got up from his position from his couch.

"Fine, fine." He said, walking off into the kitchen and up to his room, likely to get his backpack.

"What about you?" Ben asked Foster. "Aren't you going to get your bag? I know we don't do much at school yet, but that doesn't mean you can just freaking show up and expect supplies to fall into your hands in a neat package."

"I made him get it for me." He said snidely. "He's such an obedient little toy now, don't you think?"

"Of course you did..." Ben sighed, rolling his eyes. Foster's manipulative abilities only seemed to grow stronger day by day. Ben thanked his stars that he was with Jack, or else he might've ended up hounding him in a similar fashion. The two would look after each other, conveniently pulling one another way from Foster when his ridiculous requests manifested.

After Aaron returned downstairs, the four opened the front door to their house and stepped out into the sunshine. The morning was beautiful, the birds sang vibrantly and the trees swayed slowly in the new day's breeze.

The grafitti on the porch which declared "God Hates Fags," however, was not.

Chapter Sixteen. Finally back in the swing of things.
    Warning: There are some slurs.

#30 TheGreyMan, Aug 11, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2012
  11. manofwar618

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Your new chapter was really good.
    At first, I thought it'd be a rather inconsequential update, but then the end.
    Wow, I'm really excited to read more of this.
    That, and to find out what what Foster whispered in Aaron's ear. :slight_smile:

12. Phantosmiac

Stunning. It is such an amazing story. I realize that there are technical flaws, and I don't mean grammar, there is always room for improvement, but to me, the story is perfect.

13. TheGreyMan

Well I'm certainly not perfect, so hopefully I can use that excuse.
    I'm glad you enjoyed it!

14. AtticusJohn

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I made an account just to say please don't stop writing this! This is really a great story, will there be more chapters in the future? I'm dying to see what happens after they read the sign, is Aaron gay as well?
    ~Attcicus

15. TheGreyMan

Aaron's sexuality isn't going either way yet. He could be, he could not be.

There will be more chapters once I find the motivation again. I've been in a funk for a decent bit of time.

16. Phantosmiac

Are you writing more? I have been missing the story :frowning2:

17. jljcavalier

Out Status:
    All but family
    Wow!!! What a beautiful story!! I'd keep reading if there was more. You are a great w
    riter. :slight_smile:

18. Philvanuirle

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
  19. Noir

Yaaaay, i can't wait to read it!! :slight_smile:

20. Tails Luver

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Aww! I loved it! :slight_smile: Great story, and you're an awesome writer!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.