1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Diablo III anyone?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by InsertNameHere, May 24, 2012.

1. InsertNameHere

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have a 52 Wizard, two 30+ chars, and a 25 barbarian. It's a pretty fun game. Anyone else here have it?

2. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am playing a level 13 female monk right now. Super awesome game, but I haven't had enough time to play!

3. ArcaneVerse

I have a 30 something wizard atm. about halfway through the game, its awesome but feels a bit short to me

4. sanguine

there is already a thread but im a lvl 56 witch doctor, close to inferno difficulty, thank god for auction house, i dont think i would have ever advanced in hell without it, even then im still stuck in act 3.

i really cbf trying to advance, the monsters are too rigged sometimes and i dont like dying then repairing every 3 minutes

5. J Snow

Just hit 52 on my demon hunter. Had to stop and do some grinding because Nightmare mode (final boss) was owning me.

6. sanguine

LMAO i loved diablo in nightmare it was EPIC and fun, me, my brother and friends had a laugh when trying to kill him, my clone just wiped everyone out and it was funny watching everyone run especially when you are waiting for someone to revive you

7. J Snow

Yup, I got him relatively low in Realm of Terror one time, then I saw this red thing I thought was a health orb. Turns out it was one of my clone's traps and it killed me >.<

8. BudderMC

Someone want to give me a run-down on what Diablo's actually about/gameplay/whatever? I hear amazing things about it but I'm pretty biased against it... way back when Diablo II was out, my friend came over and tried to install it on my computer and ended up making the computer not run anymore. <_<

But it basically sounds like a super-awesome RPG, which has appeal.

9. Valyrian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was actually a bit dissapointed, for a game that has been in development for SO MANY years..you could beat the normal content in a matter of few hours, nightmare wasnt challenging, hell wasnt challenging, and inferno was just impossible for barbarian (solo) and monk while you were getting literally 1-shotted with dh/wiz/wd.

I got barb at 60 wiz at 60 and almost an 60 DH atm and im already bored of it, really not what i expected and has i've played and completed both D1 and D2.

Anyways, i will probably spend a bit more time because i have nothing else to play so..

10. sanguine

mhmmm and did you solo nightmare and hell?? because yes i can understand soloing nightmare even if it does take for ever, but hell its almost straight out impossible to solo because the item damage is straight out crap for any other class other than wizard and DH when you are under lvl 60

yes the story was lacking i guess, the cut scenes were really really pretty with awesome visuals and graphics, the gameplay is pretty awesome

BUT i must admit it wasnt as great as diablo 2 was, mostly because diablo 3 is short and very repetitive, for a dungeon crawler game i feel darksouls/demonsouls takes the cake, BUT that is bias too because to me nothing will ever compare to dark souls / demon souls

in short its worth the buy, but until pvp comes out, i think if you havent bought the game yet, just wait for the pvp to be up and going, otherwise buy it and enjoy, it wont disappoint until you beat the story line then follow the boring repetitiveness, if anything its fun because of the competitiveness with friends and the funny run away moments, otherwise it gets you angry and pissed off at the amount of times you die trying to pass act 4 in hell mode LMAO

11. TheGreyMan

Basically it's all about running through items, really fun, fast-paced combat and tons and tons of randomly-generated items.

12. Valyrian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    @sanguine: Yes, i soloed both nightmare and hell on all of my characters but mind you, i was upgrading my gear constantly, had around 2-3mil gold because i was doing business with the AH :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I had around 11k damage on my wiz when i hit Hell. I was pretty much 1shotting everything even with barb because of the gear but with the barb i had some hard times when the elite packs had something like frozen/molten/desecrator/vampiric etc combos..

So yeah..the entire game is soloable for every class except for the barb i guess..it's impossible for him to get past act1 in inferno trust me, i've tried. and DH had it easy with his SS/prep spam up to the point they nerfed it and now it's almost useless.

And yeah, the game its worth to buy but it's just not as great as the other 2..but thats just my opinion

13. Spectre

Does anyone here play hardcore yet? My bf and I have been playing that since release. Lots of fun (except when the server lags and you die).

14. KnightAssassin

Ya but I don't play hardcore though just leisurely

15. InsertNameHere

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I agree on that there needs to be more than just beating the story 4 times over. I get that you are going to farm so you can get better gear for the next difficulty, but I would like for there to be some special Inferno dungeons with unique bosses that are actually worth fighting (in relation to actually dropping rares... or even just decent magics...)