1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Writing/contacting celebrities

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BudderMC, May 22, 2012.

1. BudderMC

This might come off a little bit random. Last night, I had this dream that I wrote basically "fan-mail" to some celebrity, just for the sake of doing it. I don't think anything came of it, but that's really out of character to say the least.

Anyway, it got me thinking. You hear stories and stuff about people proclaiming their love and worshiping these celebrities - effectively strangers - all the time. You also see that supposedly celebrities get sooooo much mail that they can't be bothered to read it all, let alone reply to it.

But has anyone actually done it? What happened afterwards? Would you ever do it? I'm kinda interested, though I still don't think I'd personally ever do it.

2. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's easier to contact them now with things like Twitter or Facebook, though they don't often respond. But yes, I have. Not proclamations of love or anything, that's just crazy. xD

Often, smaller bands and musicians and the like will reply back, but it's rare for anybody to get something from a celebrity.

3. Leif

I've never written an actual letter to anyone but I have contacted people on twitter and tumblr and through email a handful of times. And have gotten a few responses. It never hurts to try. And it's an Awesome feeling to be acknowledged by someone you respect an fanboy-ing over.

4. timo

I sometimes ask something on twitter, usually to smaller bands/artists and they are quite likely to respond. Fan interaction = awesome.

Time for a non digital story. After one of their gigs I once asked the singer from Blood Red Shoes if he and the other band members would go out into the city when they were done, and if they wanted to come with me and my friends so we could show them around. I didn't expect anything out of it but he and the support band came and partied with us. He got so drunk he smashed a bottle of red wine to a wall because he "sincerely tried to open it". Well he did open it but it was ALL AROUND the place and all over his shirt. Needless to say it was a great night :grin:

5. BudderMC

^ that's actually such an epic story, I can only imagine... haha!

Also, I totally forgot about Twitter/FB/all the other social medias when I posted this for some reason... :eusa_doh:

6. InsertNameHere

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Itskingsleyb**** (Don't think cussing is allowed on the forum :V ) replied to my comment one time, and agreed that the song "Ridin Solo" was very annoying. XD So that was cool.

Past that, nope.