1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When you came out...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ttmab, May 20, 2012.

1. RaeofLite

I had a lot of close friends say, "I knew it." A few other people that knew me said, "Oh? Wow... I never would have guessed."

2. Maxis

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm out to everyone and I've never gotten an "I knew it" kinda thing, it's funny really. Everyone I came out to either said something along the lines of:
    -"WHAT? You are? I would've never guessed..."
    -"Are you sure? You seem straight to me."
    -"Oh, really? Well, I still love you no matter what/you're still my friend anyway."

3. secretguyX

Actually, none of them. They were mostly completely surprised, or just didn't seem to care.

4. Mimerio

Scarily enough it turned out to be the biggest obstacle, my father! of all people!

5. super confused

My sister suspected, and my best friend "knew". I was like, "well, I thought I was asexual for about 10 years or so. thanks for cluing me in!" and she said, "that's not something you can just tell someone..." she didn't know. there's no way.

#25 super confused, May 21, 2012
    Last edited: May 21, 2012
  6. SkyHunter

SkyHunter Guest

My best friend told me he knew it, and another friend knew I wasn't straight. Other than that, it was unexpected to all.

7. Sayu

I have only told a few of my friends already and only one said she suspected it. But the others maybe just wanted to be polite :grin: Because some of my classmates asked me before if I was gay.

8. Valeyard

Always a surprise. No one I ever came out to thought I liked guys. I don't look like it at all, some have said.

9. Lord Phoenix

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    All of the people that I've come out to claimed that they knew, however I gave lots of hints that I am gay believing it would soften the reaction and it did. I think...

10. andersonh09

andersonh09 Guest

I got it from my mom, one brother and a bunch of friends. Man they all seemed to know before me, wish one of them had told me lol would have made things so much easier.

11. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    LOL.

That is hilarious.

12. Loras

In my first year of university so 2 years before i came out there was a beat between a few friends for when i was going to come out but i dont talk to thoes guys much any more. A few of my friends said the had their suspicions and a few said they knew which i highly doubt except for my gay and lesbian friends.

13. Just Passing

I've only had one old friend state that they had a suspicion and wouldn't be surprised if they found out I was (which they predictably weren't), but nothing apart from that. Everyone else for the most part have been pretty surprised to find out I'm gay. I don't think it helps that I'm more of a straight gay than anything.

That being said, the older I get, the more obvious I get with certain things, so who knows, my sexuality might be one of those things, as people I know have picked up on certain things ridiculously well.

I love this. :grin:

14. shane1503

shane1503 Guest

when I came out to my older sister, she was like:
    "well, I always knew you were the weird one - if anyone in our family is a lesbian.. it's you"
    30 seconds silence
    "OH MY GOD! DID YOU GO DOWN ON HER???!"

It was kind of funny :grin:
    my younger sister didn't believe my - she thought I was jokin around.... until I showed her some pictures of me and my girlfriend ^^

15. Tiny Catastrophe

One of my friends said to me "It's about time" when I finally told him. Another one of my friends didn't see it coming at all. When I came out to my dad and step mom that I was bi (years ago) my step mom apparently had a bet that I liked girls so it didn't surprise her. A lot of people who I haven't known for as long were genuinely surprised.

16. timo

I think I'd laugh so hard if someone had a bet about me being gay, it would be awesome. But I'm probably just weird.

17. Alex94

Alex94 Guest

All but 2 of my friends...My family doesn't know yet, so they aren't included in this..

18. Mej7

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My sister had only caught on a cpl days b4 I told her. Otherwise, no one told me if they had expected it!

19. anonymous1

I guess 3 people. The first person I came out to asked me if I was gay. The second person said, "I knew it! You are waaay too flirty with M" And the third person asked M about me.

20. Nightmaric

I think 2 or 3 out of 11 friends said they knew it. The others were clueless. My family was also clueless. So I like to think I'm just a believable actor.