1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I HATE being trans...

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Young Anonymous, May 18, 2012.

1. 11 11 11

Really dark and sadistic way to look at things?

2. Deaf Not Blind

i don't think it is coincidence we all were A/B sudents until this got bad for us and needed to start asking for help. i think it is a sign it is not our imagination but a real serious problem our mind insists we solve now, RIGHT NOW! i think it says accounting, math, all less important than knowing your gender and sexuality...it knows we had a breakthrough from denial and said you got to finnish and accept who and what you are just as soundly as before or i can't allow you to waste brain power on homework. i think my brain homework is studying myself, RATS!

and Anon, I aint easy to offend like some...I absolutely agree I gotta wait as what is out there sux! I need real, or it would be better to just stay this way...no Dr Frankenstein gonna charge me $20,000 for that chop job! I wish it could just grow on...I know I know...I can pray for it to happen anyways not cost me anything. You will be a lady and maybe married before I can change. :frowning2: Lucky how male bodies get best surgeries...sad how not as good at all over my side.

3. 11 11 11

*coughs*

Lucky how male bodies get the best surgeries? Please let's not start the FTM vs MTF war here as well.

MTF get "better surgeries" and FTM's get better hormone effects. As usual, there's pros and cons to both sides. I mean, if you wanted, you could argue that MTF's get a reduced rate of prostate cancer, but that could easily be countered by the fact that FTM's get a reduced rate of breast cancer!

4. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Being transgender sucks, and it sucks equally for FtM and MtF. We both have so much shit we have to go through that everyone else doesn't even have to think about. The last thing we need is to form a wall between us, because the best way to change things is to stick together.

My advice would be to do what makes YOU feel happy. Wear what you want to wear, act how you want to act, and hang out with the people you like. We are all just people, all of these social barriers that are set up to segregate us from the rest are societies making. If you strip them away all you have is people and that's what you need to remember.

5. 11 11 11

^ Fugs is right. Listen to her.

:3

6. Deaf Not Blind

haha! Well, cancer is only something that is linked to genetic predisposition and possibly it seems virus caused! So, although more females tend to get breast cancer men get it too. If you have any breast tissue you can get it, if you have the unfortunate virus caused mutation in the genes and it gets triggered. :frowning2:

It is same virus as causes prostate cancer, btw, so...

That said, okay, any guy over age 50 should get his prostate checked and most who get the cancer are over age 70, thank God, and unfortunately the treatments all have some chance of making you a bit more impotent...but no erection or painful death?

And...I have seen ugly results for some ftm and some darn hot mtf...so I think the hormone results vary a lot by person...so some of the ladies to be are lucky. (I saw one in my neighborhood, I wonder if she is single?)

---------- Post added 22nd May 2012 at 09:49 AM ----------

Yeah, I agree. Some sites have "advice" what to wear, and it tells you what not to do and stuff, which is stupid in my opinion. I mean I love to give advise of what worked out well by brand on my body so it may help others figure out if it works for them, but we are not all same mind! how can someone say all of us guys must cut our hair really short? not all cisguys do! I look in the mirror in my mens clothes with my hair and it is fine. I would like it shorter sometime, but more for change, just like everyone does. And they try to say also how we have to SIT, and TALK...it warns guys don't say things like that. Um, there are all kinds of guys God has made and some are even effeminate and straight! They say to wear black and dull colors. Not me! my nature is bright blues, reds...and uh oh I like hot bright fushia pink. :/ Well, my briefs are hot pink mens. :wink: My granddad he wore deep red dress shirts and wild colorful ties, he was straight. he was real cisborn man. So I say don't fear that you should after trying to change your body to match your mind, try to change your personality and lifestyle to please some other people's stereotypes. You will fit in just fine aS YOU ARE, you are the right personality as you are, don't go play acting again! That is the whole point!! We have been trying to, or i have, fit in with the birth gender and acting as best we can that role for others to fit in that stereotype this long...no more! I just want to be me. So, i never fit in as girl, now i will not worry if i don't fit in as a guy. And i swear, in class, more guys are now acting like pals to me since i started being myself. no kidding. i think i may have more friends now. :slight_smile:

7. Young Anonymous

Whoa whoa whoa, no warring in my thread! :eusa_naug

^ This

Leave it to Fugs to say it the best :eusa_clap

8. seeksanctuary

I don't mean to start anything, mind you... but from my experience, that is flat out NOT true.

I don't pray to God to have him change my genitals. I don't want my genitals changed by surgery, or anything else. I wish very much that I'd been born with a penis, but I wasn't. I don't dream about having sex with women, because I'm a gay guy. I don't think about anything when I use the toilet, except "I hope there's toilet paper, rrgh". I might regret my body parts, but I don't (usually) hate them.

... I'm still transsexual. I'm still male.

The only real requirements to be transsexual, to my knowledge, are the desire to change your outer appearance and life in order to be accepted and live life as a different sex. You don't need to dream, imagine, pray, feel or want any certain things. There are many transsexual people who don't want hormones or surgery. They still change their names, pronouns, how they dress, sometimes legally get their identification changed, etc. You're not required to hate your body in order to be transsexual... maybe in order to have GID, but being transsexual and GID don't go hand in hand. You can be in one camp and not be in the other.

Anyhow.

I'm FTM. I realized I was FTM when I was about 16, in 2004ish, but I always sort of knew; I was in a lot of denial. I came out in 2006 online, and then 2007ish IRL. I started hormone therapy Dec 2008. Still taking hormones. Plan to get some sort of top surgery soon, though I'm not sure if I will be getting the usual FTM surgery or a simple breast reduction. I went through hell when I was in school... went from mostly As and Bs to failing my senior year once, almost failing it twice and getting the hell out of there on a reduced credit diploma. I wish I could have transitioned at a younger age. I think I would have had an easier time with life, but eh... It was totally worth doing, though.

IMO, therapy is a good thing to get. You'll need it to safely transition in a medical sense, anyways. Maybe see if you can talk to a therapist?