1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Biggest regret so far??

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Alex94, May 15, 2012.

1. Deaf Not Blind

DITTO! I felt what I thought about in private, of being a boy kissing a girl was even shameful and detestable, i never told anybody from church for sure they would add it onto all the other reasons i was bad.

Only allowed myself the luxury of what if it is normal, what if I'm not a straight girl at all, this year! Gee!

But I gotta say I am grateful God led me almost immediately after I read about transgender to this site. I could not be coming out like I have been in stages without this place.

Hey thecat06, do message me or live chat sometime. maybe we have enough in common to help out each other.

2. solarcat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Lessee...
    - Not being honest with myself about what (and who) I liked, how I felt, etc...
    - Not doing better in school
    - Waiting for my friend instead of talking to that girl I liked (and things of that sort)

3. Hmmmmm

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    My biggest regret may be that I quit high school. It was 12 years ago and I still feel bad about it. But I had no choice.

4. Alex94

Alex94 Guest

-I am sorry you had to do that...Must have been hard.

5. Emberstone

that we did not bury the body in a more remote place...

.... kidding...

... or am I?...

... Yah, I am.

6. Lewis

Hmm probably not accepting myself earlier, me hating myself made it so hard for me to be confident at high school and be myself. I'm so much stronger now and I wish I could go back and give myself a talking to. I'd love to go back in time and sit the 12-16 year old me down and explain how it's okay that I'm gay and support him (me).

If I accepted myself back then I could have had such better teen years...

7. Purple Llama

I think life's too short for regrets tbh, but if I could change one thing I would've studied harder and made more of an effort at school and college. Oh and also should've kept in touch with some of my old friends who I've sort of drifted apart from.

8. Mercy

Mercy Guest

Not loving my self

9. Zontar

Not having lost my virginity before the age I'm at now. I'm serious. It's virtually everything wrong with my personal life.

10. Just Passing

Oh way too many:

• At age twelve (nearing thirteen) realising I had gay feelings and acted upon them, but when found out and questioned about it, said it happened but denied I was gay. If only I properly knew or felt more comfortable about it, I could have come out at such a young age and perhaps feel a bit better throughout high school and even more comfortable at college.
    • Going through high school the way I did. I was a pushover and had a terrible time. With my current personality, I would love to go back and make my time there more confident and less shitty.
    • Alienating people I got on with and liked (most of the time as friends), but for whatever reason scared them off. Never spoken to them again since.
    • Not working as hard as I could have done through college. I had decent grades and everything, but I only really tried properly hard throughout my final year and consistently had more higher grades than before.
    • Still unable to do certain things (I think it would be unfair to blame my Aspergers at this point, it's a terrible defence to fall back on) like eat properly.
    • Twenty years old and still can't drive (will sort this out one day). I feel embarrassed when people I get on with can drive and I just... can't.

11. Vivi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Without going into too much detail i sometimes feel like i've wasted the last few years of my life. Not making enough effort to be social and make friends while i was at university and not being able to accept my sexuality at a younger age.

I try not to dwell on it too much though. I'm still only 23, and i'm starting to turn things round now - better late than never.

12. andersonh09

andersonh09 Guest

Not having a social life in elementary-high school outside of sports. Literally all I did for 10 years was swim and study. Also, I wish I had come out when I was in high school.

13. standtall00

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Stealing my mom's credit card...twice. Thank God they didn't send me to juvy :/

14. Alex94

Alex94 Guest

Wow, you are real lucky..

15. ArcherySet

ArcherySet Guest

Actually, if we are being honest about biggest regrets, mine is not getting a driver's license sooner. Driving has always seemed like a headache and a hassle, so now I'm a few years behind. My 14 year old cousin who I babysat as a kid is closer to getting his drivers license than I am.

I can drive a car, and I am starting the process, but I feel like I'm 10 years late.

16. My biggest regret is not telling anyone about my social anxiety and depression sooner. I think it would have saved me from a lot of pain, such as dropping out of high school, getting involved in bad online friendships, etc. That said, those weren't all negative. For example, I used to think high school drop outs were losers until I did it following a major emotional breakdown. I don't think that anymore, and I've learned to be more accepting of other things as well from that experience. And although those two relationships were unhealthy, one of those people did help me realise I was trans, and another taught me how to stand up for myself when people are using me.

17. needshelp

story of my high school years right there. went from going to a catholic k-8 school making the transition from an awkward outcast somewhat geeky kid to a wannabe thug that was also making the transition to a public high school in a new town that i just moved to. i figured that being popular and cool amongst these people that i never met before in my life was more important than learning so my grades went down the toilet. after i came to my senses junior year, that's when i ended up stepping my game up and getting much better grades. when it came down to continuing my education, i got a rude awakening when no 4 year school would accept me and the only one that would told me that i had to do remedial math and english so i went to the community college instead. they were also charging like 10,000 a semester just to do that too and it was a private school. at first, it disheartened me and hurt my ego but looking at it now and all the loans i owe, community college was the best choice i did in regards to college.

but even looking at the whole experience, college is overrated. the fact that they have these stupid SAT entry exams where it's supposed to "measure how well you do in college" is bs. according to my SAT scores, back when the highest was 1600, i was supposed to do terrible in college because i had like a 840 or whatever else. i went to community college and a 4 year school, got mostly A's and B's with some C's here and there. never got a F or a D and graduated with a 3.44 so the SATs and that whole standard testing can kiss my ass. besides what you know the SATs shows up nowhere in college. college is basically a business. they don't tell you that about the job situations that's going on right now as much as they beat into your head about things you will never use.

now back to the thread, i regret not doing well in high school.

i regret not accepting that i was gay when i realized that i probably was gay when i had a chance. this was back when i was 12 and 17. i don't know why i chose to run in fear for 12 years when i knew that it wasn't a phase. it's much harder to come out @ 25 years old more so than when you're 12 or 17. when you're an adult, people are less supportive than when you're a kid. you pretty much are on your own in terms of coming out. even in support groups as much as people say that they got your back, you have to do it your way.

i regret not getting my driver's license as soon as possible. should have took it more serious.

i regret not choosing the ps2 and picking the dreamcast back when i was 13 when my mom gave me a chose as a christmas present because i thought the dreamcast was going to be the next biggest thing. :tears: i messed up right there.

#57 needshelp, May 22, 2012
    Last edited: May 22, 2012
  18. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    you know, that best friend of mine, well the girl he used to date, i think she had a complex, cause straight after that relationship she became a lesbian for a few years and then later on went on a straight relationship. I guess dating a gay guy can have that effect on woman :roflmao:

19. Alex94

Alex94 Guest

I am glad you at least walked away having had learned something.(*hug*)

20. lewis15

Never cheat on anything. People should learn that.