1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Musicians

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by wallrose, May 11, 2012.

1. rx79g

I play guitar in jazz band and a little classical guita too but I haven't had much time lately. I would definetly suggest learning improv, even if you're not that into jazz because sometimes it's a lot more relaxing and liberating to just play from your head and not even think about what's on the page (unless you're soloing through chord changes, then it gets trickier). IMO improvisation is the most fun part of music.

2. UnAmourFatal

You're 18, so you're not late with anything. Your voice is supposed to be quite stable now after puberty, so if you want to, you can start getting voice lessons from an experienced teacher. Of course you'd have to study music theory, and probably piano too, but if you're serious about it, it won't be a problem. :slight_smile:

3. bubblesh204

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I play clarinet as my main instrument and alto saxophone, piano, and violin. I picked up piano in a few months. For me it wasn't too hard to learn although I did have an instructional book. I'm also in the choir at my school. I didn't really get into music until three years ago so yeah..

4. ChutneyFarmer

Violin/Fiddle - WHOOP!!!

[​IMG]

5. djt820

Alright, that pic. That pic.

6. fatalmoon91

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can sing fairly well...i wont say its off key singing in the shower but i wont say i have an awesome pitch either. its more i lack control of my voice i let it flow and hop what comes out is what im hearing lol for the most part that works if i try to control it however my throat locks up and all hope of singing is blown away.I will say i can sing fairly well because ive been cast in musicals and have friends and family who love to hear me sing but other than that i have no solid proof (=

7. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I want to learn to play the guitar though. I've sing in the school choir before many many moons ago, but i refrain from singing out loud. Don't think I'm any good though.

8. I play piano (Quite badly) in the past i played violin (also badly) :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

9. Fiddledeedee

I play the flute, and am working towards ABRSM grade 4. I have no skill in ensemble playing, though.

10. Sayu

Yep, I play: piano, violin, saxophone, recorder, western concert flute, glockenspiel, harp, guitar and guitalele (the same as guitar) :grin: Some of them I am just learning and there is a lot to improve :slight_smile:

I also plan on buying bagpipes this year :slight_smile:
    I don't even know whether I have written everything lol :grin: I love playing musical instruments :slight_smile:

I used to sing on public when I was younger. And I compose too :slight_smile:

#30 Sayu, May 14, 2012
    Last edited: May 14, 2012
  11. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Make sure you start with a practice chanter. There's a lot less to deal with than the full set of pipes. Also, an instructor for the pipes is HIGHLY recommended. (Find a local bandn PM me if you need help)

12. Maxis

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I play the piano, and sometimes harmonica and acoustic guitar but I'm not very good. :icon_redf Out of those three I'm definitely best at piano, and it's my favorite instrument, I play it with a passion! :grin:

I also sing a little bit, which I also do with a passion, but there's a lot of room for improvement. Yes, I know the difference between all seven notes easy and I can sing them, and yes, I can sing and not talk-sing like Kesha, but my range is TERRIBLE. :icon_redf

I also compose, both with instruments and lyrics. It's really fun! :grin:

13. Sayu