1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Women's Clothing Sizes

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Pret Allez, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Zontar

Try being a guy who wears girl clothes!

2. damn sizes in girl clothes are like a third the reason why i now shop almost exclusively in men's.
    the other two thirds is that my gender is wonk, but I digress.

3. GreenSkies

GreenSkies Guest

I absolutely hate clothes shopping. I change within two different sizes from store to store and it seems that no one takes chest size into proper consideration - especially in tight summer clothes. I usually have to wear a minimizing bra just to wear anything with buttons, even when the shirt fits in the arms and waist.

4. Adarya

Personally, I think that most brands and styles of clothing are rather messed up when it comes to sizes for both men and woman. Most of the time I think it's just that way because once someone finds something that fits them perfectly they'll have to stay with that brand, etc. It annoys me though because I'm tall and not exactly skinny, so it's hard to get most types of clothing, especially things like shirts and jeans. I've taken to wearing men's clothing, but my parents frown on it for some reason. The only clothing I am able to get come from my cousin or guy friends and I have to admit they are far more comfortable and better than most of my "female" clothing. Most of the time only my shorts and shoes are men's; another thing I've found is that men's shoes last far longer than woman's do, and they tend to have better arch or support and therefore tend to be more comfortable. Though I have noticed that what is smaller in men's tend to be larger in woman's. Like for shoes I wear a men's 7 when I would be around a 9 in woman's shoes, and what I would buy for pants in woman's is about three or four sizes bigger than in men's. Like for shorts for example; in woman's I get a large, while in men's mostly fit into a small, maybe medium if I'm going for longer gym shorts.

I just hate clothes shopping in general. I rarely like anything, and even when I do most of the time it doesn't fit me.

#24 Adarya, Mar 10, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
  5. LEZmis4

LEZmis4 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    LOL...women's clothes are horrifying. And, if you're a bigger girl, your choices are to get things that are skin tight and show all the rolls...or get something akin to a floral tent. I hate it. I've done okay with my work wardrobe, but most of my weekend/casual clothes are men's...they're just cut better.

6. Clowstar

women's sizes are determined by voodoo magic.
    was the XL shirt mostly spandex? because when i was an XL, i had to wear a 3X in under armor so that i could even breathe.

7. RueBea85

RueBea85 Guest

Since discovering the men's section of the store, that's all I practically live in. I don't really like women's clothing because like people have said they usually show off our curves and are a lot tighter than men's clothing.

Men's pants are also better quality, the material is thicker and usually the pants are cheaper!

8. PurpleRain

Skyrim... I have no life, and enjoy it. :D
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think all the variation makes shopping more fun! Maybe I'm the weird one though. Lol

9. Eatthechildren

Mens sizes = Measurements
    Womens sizes = Voodoo

I'm a primark 8/10 on top, 10/12 on bottom. Buuut, in shops like new look, I take their jeans in a size 16. Crazeh.

10. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    Because you're bigger. Shoulder, ribcage. Not about weight.

l'm short but pretty normal in body size, l think. l wear S/M women's shirts and would swim in an XL. The shoulder area is bigger and the collar area is insane. Also sleeves, armholes have to be smaller.

Not really a social justice issue, a man who wears a S is a smaller male, there needs to be a way for the sizes to stay consistent without a larger male wearing an XXXXXX infinity large.

l do shop in the Junior's section though, regular women's clothing are too big for me. Try the Women's section lol.

#30 OMGWTFBBQ, Mar 10, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
  11. im so diddy most womens clothes look stupid on me and swamp me :|
    so i end up buying the kids sizes.

i can fit into a womens 8 or a 6 at a push depending on the shop, but in kids im an age 13.
    i think everyone has at least one prob when buying clothes D: