1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Hogwarts House Are You In?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Lark, Apr 26, 2012.

?

What house are you in?

1. Hufflepuff

12 vote(s)
    16.4%
  2. Slytherin

20 vote(s)
    27.4%
  3. Gryffindor

7 vote(s)
    9.6%
  4. Ravenclaw

34 vote(s)
    46.6%
  1. Lark

Lark Guest

My wand's almost exactly like Harry's-holly and phoenix feather, 12 and a half inches. Aww yeah.

My Itouch now has a Hufflepuff background :grin:

2. GayJay

I got Slytherin on the Pottermore quiz and would choose to be in that house anyway. Strangely always liked it:grin:

3. UnAmourFatal

I'm in Slytherin. I thought I'd get into Ravenclaw, but after reading Rowling's comments on Slytherin I had to realise that it does actually fit me:slight_smile:

my wand is 13 1/2 in., Hawthorn, Dragon core and unyielding. (I'd prefer unicorn hair, but hey, it might just be a Chinese dragon, or some kind of water-dragon, and that's cool. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

4. Kidd

Kidd Guest

I didn't even think to post the wand I got. It's 11 inches, vine with a unicorn core, and it's quite flexible. Plus, I think it's crazy how popular Ravenclaw is on EC...

#44 Kidd, Apr 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2012
  5. Vesper

Now that we're talking about wands, mine is 9 3/4 in. long (coincidentally, the same # as in Platform 9 3/4!), made of black walnut with a phoenix feather core, and unyielding. The description for the wood suggests that the wand will be weak if the wielder is practicing self-deception:
    I guess my wand isn't so powerful now. This choice of wood is clearly meant to tell me something. It seems that phoenix feather is a really common core on Pottermore, even though literally two characters in the entire series have phoenix cores...the fact that it's so common kind of ruins the fun. The "unyielding" part is pretty accurate, as I'm kind of hard-headed and don't like listening to others so much.

I think pine would have been a better choice for me, but oh well.

#45 Vesper, Apr 27, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
  6. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm in Hufflepuff on Pottermore. That's where I expected to be, though I also thought it was a possibility that I might be in Gryffindor. But Hufflepuff suits me to a tee. :slight_smile: I can't imagine being in Ravenclaw or Slytherin.

7. Lewis

Definitely Slytherin, gotta be a little naughty. :wink:

8. Cnidocyte

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm in Ravenclaw. I've always thought I'd be in Ravenclaw and Pottermore agrees.

My wand is Blackthorn, 14 1/4in, hard, and with a unicorn core.

9. MercuryLampe

I'm a Slytherin.

10. ArcherySet

ArcherySet Guest

While I would probably enjoy the company of the people more in Ravenclaw, I'd wind up in Slytherin.

I don't know much about HP beyond the movies, but from what I could see, Snape was nothing short of a total hero! I loved that guy.

11. DryOasis

DryOasis Guest

Ravenclaw for sure! I'm pleasantly surprised that so many people are too

12. fireworks

fireworks Guest

gotta be ravenclaw... pleasantly surprised with the amount of ECers who had the same thought ^_^

13. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Except for the part where he, as a grown man, bullied eleven-year-old kids who were under his care and had done nothing at that stage to warrant it. Understandable that Harry's existence was a bitter thing for him, but he was a teacher taking out his personal grudges and resentments on a child who'd done nothing to deserve it. And that's not even going into the way he treated Neville and to a lesser extent most non-Slytherins. Yeah, Snape was a fascinating character ultimately on the side of good, but certainly not the unblemished hero so many people seem to see him as.

14. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like Ravenclaw, but after doing the Pottermore test twice (once where it was really glitchy, I had to do it over and over and as a result was not happy with the answer, once when I did it properly) I'm apparently a Gryffindor, which I'm happy with, although it must be said that with my extensive list of phobias (clowns, spiders, social interaction, etc) it cannot be said that I am brave.

No offense to anyone, but I've found Ravenclaws (well, the 3 I know personally and several on internet sites) to be kinda arrogant about the fact that they're Ravenclaws. But then again, Gryffindors are arrogant as well, and Hufflepuffs and Slytherins seem to be overly defensive about their houses (which is understandable, they do have quite a bad rep in the fandom while the other two are overly hyped.)

15. Lark

Lark Guest

Lol, turns out almost everyone in Ravenclaw is gay. And my friend...interesting...XD

16. houseofcards

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I've always thought I was a Ravenclaw, but Pottermore told me I'm Hufflepuff. I'm going to go against what they say and just say Ravenclaw anyways :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

17. Paper Heart

Pottermore: Gryffindor, Any other quiz I've ever taken: Ravenclaw.
    I was so upset when I got Gryffindor, but hey if JK says I belong there, then there I will go.

18. Pain

Pain Guest

Ravenclaw, o' course! :grin: According to every quiz I've ever taken and my own choice.

I'm a little perplexed; I always thought Hufflepuff was a kind of joke, something that if people got into that house, it was a fail! Well I see so many awesome people in Hufflepuff!!

19. Andane

Well, when I was at the Midnight release of the 7th book at my town's Barnes & Noble (Incredibly nerdy, I know xD) they had a quiz, and I got Ravenclaw =P

20. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people