1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How out are you?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Maxis, Apr 24, 2012.

?

How out are you?

1. Just out to EC

16.5%
  2. Out to one or a select few people

20.9%
  3. Out to some people

19.8%
  4. Out to most people, but not officially out yet

24.2%
  5. Out to everyone

18.7%
  6. I'm not LGBT

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. secretguyX

Well, right now I have no fucking clue if I'm bisexual or gay, but...

I'm out to 3 close friends and my brother as gay
    I'm out to 3 acquaintances (1 I'm somewhat friends with) as bisexual
    I think a few other acquaintances have been told I'm bisexual
    I'm out to online people/friends as either bisexual or gay

2. ilovecats

ilovecats Guest

I just started coming out to people recently. Currently I'm out to four people. About three weeks ago I came out to my therapist. A week later I had two female friends over and ended up telling them. Then a few days ago I came out to a gay boy that is in my church youth group. All four were very supporive, no negative feelings from anyone so far. I hope to expand the number soon.

3. Bosco

I'm out to most of my friends.
    If it becomes relevant, I let people know.
    Otherwise, meh.
    Also, only 1 of my family members.

4. sanguine

me too, you ask i tell, its not like im going to advertise it, everyone who matters knows already, (even though my dad is in denial) so i dont really care who knows.

5. Gekko

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I marked "Just out to EC". When I was registering here, and it asked for sexual orientation I put the gay option happily because it took a long time to finally accept myself. It feels good to be out, even if it is in an annonymous comunity. When I have a chance to see my best friends I'll tell them. I plan to be out to a selected group of people.

6. Drakey

out to friends and some family. NOT my parents >.>

7. Level75

Out to a select few people. My mother and my brother. My high school best friend. A whole slew of people from an online game, who I'm not sure count. My old art teacher. For everybody else, it's kind of a case by case basis and only happens if the subject comes up.

Example 1- Somebody tells me while hiking that people sometimes assume he's gay because he has a small frame and slight accent (but then, he's Indian and, at the risk of stereotyping, a lot of Indians I run into have that accent). I later tell him that I actually am.

Example 2- Discussing difficulties with dating with somebody at a charity party...which was really just Happy Hour for a good cause. Can't really talk about my difficulties with dating if I don't tell my sexuality.

For everyone else, it's up there on my Facebook page if anybody just so happens to have some reason to see my profile. But not something I've ever really announced.

8. Mad Man L

I am completely out and open to everybody at school and other associated social stuff.
    I am not out at all to any of my family members. I have a feeling that my uncle might know though from some of the shit I've done on facebook and forgot to hide from my family.

9. IanGallagher

I'm not completely out nor believe I should be or have to be. I'm a bi guy who digs dudes, masturbates to dudes, checks out dudes, but does the same to chicks and lean more towards chicks overall.

My extended family - eh, while a part of me wants to tell them, how do you go about explaining it without diving into it? Same with co-workers:

"You like guys, yet you're not gay?"
    "Nope."
    "How?"
    "Well, both capture my interest."
    "Then why guys?"
    "Cause they're hot. And so are girls."
    "Do you like guys more?"
    "No. Girls more."
    "Then..."

I just see it going on and on and on and on...

Plus? Not many girls like bi guys, sadly, so I'm narrowing and killing my chances there too.

Basically no point and if I did - it'd hurt me. Rather just keep it to select friends and family. Outside of that? It's a top secret classified document sealed away never to be seen again.

#29 IanGallagher, Apr 24, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  10. Level75

That's probably one thing to make a note of: I will likely never be out to my work place. Even if an agency claims to be EOE that doesn't discriminate on basis of sexual orientation, there will always be someone to make it an uncomfortable environment. And work is just one of those things you can't afford to make uncomfortable.

11. FJ Cruiser

I don't know how out I am exactly. I personally have only told 6 people, but my roommate knows because one of my friends told him. I don't really relish the idea of being out to a ton of people, but that same friend like clockwork outs me whenever we're hanging out with new people, and my brother has told many of his close friends.

It's not that I'm ashamed at all, but I like the idea of people getting to know me, then if I feel like it, I'll let them in on my love life. I like to have control is the main thing, and I don't want to be defined by my love life. At the same time, I like not having to do the coming out myself. But that friend of mine tends to have a loud mouth, and today he made a light-hearted joke referencing my orientation in front of one of my new friends who I don't quite feel like letting him know. Luckily, my friend thought he was joking, but still... I'm going to have to talk to him about that.

12. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am out to pretty much everyone except family. And that's just to avoid drama. I'll come out to them if I find myself in a LTR with a guy. If I find myself in a relationship with a girl, then it's no big deal, and if I find myself remaining single, it's just the typical nagging of finding someone to be with.

13. needshelp

out to here, two other websites, an friend of mine that i know online, people @ this gathering that i go to sometimes, people in passing but to put it short, nobody in my inner circle (family and friends), acquaintances that live around my area, and that's it. the moment that i come out to somebody in my inner circle, that's when things are going to get real and hit home for me. either that or when i get a boyfriend or hook up. as far as i'm concerned, i'm just making sense out of who i am but the realization of who i am hasn't hit me yet. maybe because i'm not fully out yet and am back to living the life that i've grown used to living although i know about this. to me, this really isn't that much of a big deal although it actually is. coming out seems like one of those things where once you do it, it can't be undone. it's like death. you can't jump back into the closet or say "i like girls a little bit" or "i'm bisexual". you're gay and that tag will never come off no matter what you do so i'm going to take it really slowly because it's going to hurt.

#33 needshelp, Apr 24, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  14. One friend, and you EC people :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Hopefully more soon!

15. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Out to everyone that matters. Everyone else I just assume they know and act accordingly. It has made life sooo much easier.

16. SkyDiver

I actually write down the name of whoever I tell. I've got a list. :slight_smile:

I've got 48 names on there. Give or take a few that I might've forgotten, or people who know that I'm not aware of.

17. Nodnarb

Friends and immediate family. Also have 'men' checked in the "interested in" section on Facebook.

If somebody asks or it just comes up in conversation with somebody who doesn't know, I wouldn't try to hide it.

18. Hot Pink

I'm out to everyone. I wear my rainbow bracelet every single day with pride. :slight_smile:

19. DJT

DJT Guest

Other than internet people,I have only told 1 person, my doctor. The confidentiality helped :/

20. GayJay

My mum and brother, and majority of my school yeah know(that part wern't down to me but oh well)