1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Asian and Caucasian Couples

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Flow, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Ianthe

I know a lesbian couple, one of whom is (apparently) Caucasian, and the other (apparently) Asian.

I say apparently because I am basing this on their appearance. I have not taken their geneological histories. (The Asian girl might also be Pacific Islander or something like that--I'm not discerning enough to tell--and either of them might have mixed racial ancestry which would not necessarily be visible.)

But yes, of course there are such couples.

2. sguyc

Asian(girl)/white(guy) are perhaps the most common interracial couple. Black(guy)/white(girl) are pretty common as well. This pertains to the US.

I don't think white/asian couples are as widespread for homosexuals because Asians (in the US) are often associated with weekness and other non-dominant masculine qualities. This quality I believe is also why asian women seem to be so attractive to white guys as well. This is just the general perception I have developed through my life.

3. Harve

I'm pretty sure I've never seen a non-white person in my town (I've seen some in others, and my friends point out that I seem shocked, which is kinda awkward / comes across racist), or a gay couple. So the chances there being a mixed, gay couple are definitely 0.

4. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Straight ones I've seen plenty, especially the "Thai marriage" ones, also I seen the "Older" White guys with young asian guys/boys.

5. Bryan90

Quite a few if you're in more diverse cities. I was in such a relationship myself.

6. Philvanuirle

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Never seen any :frowning2: and I love caucasian's skin and I'm Asian

7. Yuya

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I work in one of Melb's largest supermarkets. The number of Asian/Caucasian straight and gay couples I've seen have been surprising more common than I thought. You get more and more nowadays as Melbourne starts becoming more multicutured. Not that I'm complaining. I'm 28 and my hazel eyed sweetheart's the same age as me, I don't think that age is a major factor in an interacial relationship but maybe it's abit more common, after all who doesn't love abit of beard and a nice rugged look :grin:

8. sguyc

Ouch, I just read my last post. I meant "meekness", not weakness lol.

9. Night Rain

But that's also true isn't it? :icon_bigg
    The majority of Asian people seem small and weak compared to white and black people (how do you call them without being racist these days?). I guess that works out for Asian girls, not much for boys though.

10. adam88

I'm doubly white (Part english by way of Nova Scotia, part Austrian) and my boyfriend is Filipino of Chinese descent, so...

11. Night Rain

I'm happy for you!:icon_bigg So how long has it been?
    I'm hoping to find one Caucasian friend for myself, but statistics aren't on my side.:lol:

12. Flow

I don't think I'm meek.. I'm 5'10 and pretty well built. Still pretty short compared to most guys but still.. LOL.

13. Neutrality

I think this mostly comes down to simple math as to why you don't see as many, in my area for example the population is 3% Asian and in theory 10% or so of that 3% is gay...you don't see as many gay Asian/white couples because there are not as many gay Asians where I live.

14. Night Rain

So the real question is, are Caucasian men interested/attracted in Asian men as much as they are in the other two groups?

15. adam88

About a year this August. :slight_smile:

16. Gen

Gen

Well I wouldnt see why not. Not to stereotype, but the majority of asains are more on the side of feminine, submissive, "recievers"(lol) so to speak. So if we assume that atleast half of gay men prefer men "more masculine" that then, they usually wouldnt go after asains. I love asiains as friends, and would probably be asain in a logical world, but I am only attracted to men more masculine than me. (Though a masculine asain is to DIE FOR O_O)

The point I'm making is that I believe that most LGBT people are more attracted to certain looks/characteristics/preferences than race. Most of us tend to not have a racial preference, but a preference on masculine vs feminine, slim/skinny vs. strong/buff vs big/"beary", older vs younger, etc.

I only really see LGBT that are alteast slighty interracial. I think most people just have more that they look for than race.

17. Philvanuirle

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Huh... weird, I'm Filipino of Chinese descent x)

18. kl1

kl1

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Am Asian and my partner is caucasian(oz) .. We been together for 2 years.
    We are not out and finding its hard to have single/couple gay guys for friendship.

Any suggestion guys?

19. SunSparks

Hmmm.... odd. My area is full of Asians and Caucasians. Like my high school is basically 50% Asian and 50% Caucasian.... obviously, not quite that big of a chunk of the student body but a major chunk...

20. TheAMan

Well I'm sure they exist but I don't see many.