Game of Thrones season 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by simon94, Apr 19, 2012.

1. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

This is why I LOVE the series. You really never know who is going to die or survive. Really keeps you wondering through out every battle scene. Very few series are able to do that and still produce an amazing story line.

I haven't watched the second season yet though (read the book). I have to get it from my friend soon!!

2. vyvance

As good as they were about following the book in the first season, they have gone off the track a bit this season.

3. WriteLife

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I love Game of Thrones. A Song of Ice and Fire is honestly one of my favorites series ever written. My favorite hands down is Jon Snow followed by Arya Stark, Yoren and Robb Stark. I have to admit on the more evil scale and bad guy image I like The Hound. There's more to him then originally let on.

I liked Dany in the first book or so but she'd not one of my favorite people to read about. Though the girl who plays her is very attractive. For casting I think Sean Bean was an excellent choice to play Ned Stark.

The direwolves are also a plus. Ghost is my favorite. I love Shaggy Dog's color but Grey Wind and Summer beat him in personality. Nymeria definitely beats Lady, though it's sad she had to die.

Season one followed book one with good honesty but if you havent read the rest of the series or havent read any of it I strongly suggest you do.

4. vyvance

I say don't read the books until after this season is over at least. Having read the first few books, things in the show that are different bug me to know end. Like Harrenhal story section with Arya and co. Of course, that may not bother other people like it does me.

5. Linthras

Linthras Guest

I didn't mind the changes very much up till now.
    But in the end of the last episode (6 Old Gods and the New) they made a rather drastic change in the story, that imo is completely unnecessary.

6. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Arya's my favorite, and I really hope she doesn't die, get sold into sexual slavery or get her left hand cut off.

7. Mogget

As of Book 5, none of those things have happened to Arya.

8. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

^ Spoiler alert! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

9. BornAnew

LOVE this series soo much!!

My fav character is Daenerys, love all the bits with her in it! So that's my favourite storyline for sure. I really like Arya's storyline too.

I find the Lannister clan the most fun to watch.

I really want to read the books but I'm avoiding it as the tv series is so good.

I have heard that all the characters in the book are much younger than they are in the show...which is a bit odd.

10. Jonathan

The tv series is good...but the books are sooo much better! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11. BornAnew

hmm might be really tempted to read them over the summer then!

12. J Snow

I am obsessed with this series, but I'm getting highly irritated with how different the show is from the books in this season. The end of the last episode made me want to rage quit.

13. Linthras

Linthras Guest

After watching the latest episode (7 A Man Without Honour) I think the title of the tv series should be changed to "Game of Thrones: the Alternate Universe"
    The change I mentioned earlier, at the end of episode six is enforced even more in episode 7 and radically changes the storyline of one of the main characters. At least imo that is.

14. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love Game of Thrones. I can't wait to get my hands on the second season. There are quite a few hot guys in it LOL

15. Linthras

Linthras Guest

It is known.

16. simon94

I think once the episodes are aired it's fair to say that comparison with the book is no longer a spoiler? I want to give my own opinions on how they're changing the series from the book, so if you want to avoid that (as some people do), stop reading now.

I don't have too much of a problem with the storylines. In the book pretty much NOTHING happened in Quarth. Kinda worked in the books a the main point of the plotline seemed to be to show Dany's fraustration at allowing others to control her (leading to breakout badassery in the next book). Hell, her main motivation in going to the House of the undying was purely to find someone willing to take action, the show attempts to give a driving reason behind it (though I have to say it all could have been done better). In the book her story was all a very internal process, and if they'd stuck to that Dany would have had alot less screen time- considering how popular she is I don't think that was really an option for the show.

17. JudasKissedHIM

MOOOOOOOOOOOTHERRRRRRRR SUCKKKKKKERRR! Last night's episode was EPIC! Best show on telly atm. Cannot wait for the season finale!

18. WillowMaiden

WillowMaiden Guest

Medieval Zombie Apocalypse on Game of Thrones!

You know we have to talk about the last episode of Game of Thrones. Too much awesome happened for us not to just unleash our nerdy wraths! :lol:

Okay, so this was my facebook status after watching the last episode of the season:

"Medieval Zombie Apocalypse on Game of Thrones! Shit got so real when that creepy yet bad ass looking Zombie King and his army of the Undead started towards the wall. Oh poor Samwell...it was just not a good day to be fat. Tyrion led the damn battle and now they just cast him aside, bullshit! At least he has Shay the Funny Whore by his side. I don't know what's going to happen with Jon Snow, but I think the redhead has taken a liking to him, so he might be okay. Theon Greyjoy, that rat face annoyance, was finally shut up and sent home. Arya's story line is looking up. Finally, Daenerys is going to cross the Narrow Sea! Lastly, Sansa is just an idiot, Little Finger offers to get her home and she says "King's Landing is my home now." Girl! Get it together!"

That Zombie King was just...RAW! He looked like a living dead Theocles (a gladiator from Spartacus: Blood and Sand.) He scared me a little, him and his dead horse. Poor Samwell, like I said, it was just not a good time to be big as hell and trapped in a thick ass snow storm. Not when the zombies were coming.

I hate what's happened to Tyrion. He's just being cast aside like he doesn't matter all because he's a dwarf even though he had a lot to do with that fight. Especially considering that King Joffrey's ran back into his Mother's uterus. That's so unfair. But I'm glad to see that Shay is sticking with him even if he won't leave with her. You go Tyrion! Stay strong man!

Jon Snow, man I don't know what to say about him. He should have just killed that damn girl, but I understand why he didn't. I look forward to seeing his time with the Wildlings (that's what they're called right?)

Theon fucking Greyjoy, thank god he's gone! I hate that he got as much time as he did in Winterfell. He should have been taken out a while ago. One thing I don't get though is why that guy who we all thought was on his side, the guy who was advising him and all that, suddenly knocks him out and disregards everything he said. Was it to protect him? Or is this guy secretly like the others and didn't like or respect him and was just trying to make him look bad?

I like where Arya's story line is headed. It's like all season nothing much was happening, yet it was still exciting just to see her considering where she was. Now she's about to go on some journey with only the fat boy and the blacksmith bastard by her side. Should get really interesting next season. I just love Arya!

Oh my god, it is about time Daenerys made her ass across that Narrow Sea! I couldn't stand Qarth! I wanted her to have some part in the other story lines, at least be acknowleged as alive and a potential threat. Alas, I will have to wait until next season, but at least she's well on her way. And it was so sweet and heart breaking to see Kahl Drogo and the baby!! Aww, I was eeking and tearing up through that whole wonderful scene. I'm glad Daenerys didn't accept that marriage proposal from (and I know this is spelled wrong, but this is what we call him in our house because it's what his name sounds like) Zero Zhong Ducksauce. He was a crap person and I already had a feeling about that white girl that ended up betraying Daenerys with him and getting that other girl killed. I'm glad Dany stuffed them in that empty vault. Mr. Ducksauce thought he was slick. Tsk, tsk.

Then there's Sansa, girl...just let Little Finger get you home. You're not cut out for this crazy rich royal people drama. It's deadly. Just let him get you back to your Mom. I wished she had just gone with the Hound. Oh well. It figures Anne Boylen (from The Tudors) crazy ass would come along and try to be Queen again. Didn't work out with gay Baratheon, who I now know is Renly, so she found another one. Be careful though, Joffrey is a little psycho.

Additonally I wonder what the bald gay man wants with one of Little Finger's whores...
    I like Breanne (how is that spelled again?), she's badass. I wonder how far she'll get with Jaime. Where is she even taking him, I forget.

Oh and how sweet was Robb's secret wedding? I just awwwed all the way through. I hope that doesn't become too problematic (I know it definitely will be a problem, but hopefully doesn't escalate into something tragic.)

19. Mogget

Not to burst anyone's bubble, but five books in and Dany still hasn't crossed the Narrow Sea. And no, I don't regard that as a spoiler because I haven't said what Dany does do.

20. Jonathan

While I am a fan of the show...I'm starting to get really annoyed with them making changes to the plot when it seems possible that they can keep it a lot closer to what happens in the books.

So I'm going to talk about what happens in the books compared to the show, so I guess I'll put it in spoiler tags.

Like with the House of the Undying, what happened in the show was nowhere close to what happened in the books. The House of the Undying was such an awesome part (in my opinion) in the book and I was looking forward to it for sooo many episodes only to get a major disappointment. The plot gains nothing from changing that scene and I actually think that it loses some because Dany doesn't get the prophecy of three betrayals and etc.

And then there's Robb's whole love situation. What was the point of inventing a whole new character instead of staying with how it was in the book? And in the book, Robb's promise to the Frays isn't something that was made by his father when he was young but rather a deal Robb makes himself during the war to get the support of the Frays. In the book when Robb breaks the deal it means so much more because he is breaking an oath as king and not just breaking a promise his daddy made when was little. Then in the book he doesn't just break it for love like the show has him do. But rather he breaks the oath because he puts Jeyne's honor above his own when he unintentionally gets her pregnant...uggh...pointless and stupid changes! :tantrum:

And if I remember correctly, by this point Bran and the rest of them are all already heading north in an effort to find the three eyed crow and not just wondering aimlessly northward like the shows is having them do.