1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7 Years Old and Proud to be Gay!

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Noir, Apr 17, 2012.

1. kyle 1

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Would suck if he grew up and was actually straight, lol.

2. Lad123

I'm backing up what sanguine says. At 7 years old, I think it is possible for the child to understand his sexual orientation. I think it was his upbringing and awareness that his parents gave him, especially his mum telling him what the word gay meant.

When I was 7 or even younger, I was attracted to the same sex but I just didn't know what it was called or why everyone else liked the opposite sex. Since I had no clue why I was different, I kept quiet about it and just tried to fit in being straight :frowning2:

3. Maxis

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^This. I knew I was attracted to girls since I was like, 6. Just never had a word for it. Always tried to be straight and then realized when I was 11 that that was impossible and started really questioning my sexuality.

It makes me wonder if this kid will stay labelled as gay the rest of his life though. I mean, a lot of people have the same sexuality since they were 7, but, puberty can strike at any moment and he could realize he's not actually gay. Makes me wonder, y'know? Though he could be right. A lot of us here, in EC, knew we were gay since a very young age. But I can't imagine a 7-year-old coming out...

4. simon94

I can remember before puberty, I had some 'romantic' (not sexual, so much as a general interest) crushes on Girls. After puberty I developed much stonger sexual attraction to Guys than Girls.

My point is who you want a relationship with, and who you are physically attracted to can be very different things. I would say it's very cute that this kid has crushes on guys and that his parents are supportive (no one would bat an eyelid if he told his parents he liked a girl at 7), but I think to define him as Gay is a little hasty when he has yet to develop a big part of sexual orientation- sexual attraction.

5. poppy

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    awwwww thats so cute
    i rember when i was 7 and i used to have a crush on my best firend i dident even know what a lesbian was i just though there was somthing wrong with me.

6. SkyDiver

That's so touching!