1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guild Wars 2 or Tera?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Subwoofer, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Abayomi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I really want to get Tera... I love the way the combat system looks so far. The archer class and slayer class look totally ferocious :3 I always like playing archers, I think the Tera ones look the most exciting of all the ones I've seen. They're really mobile and the good players never get hit at all because they're at a far range and they dodge from the far range attacks. This is one of the few games where I'm actually interested in playing a sword wielder. The warrior and the slayer look really awesome, they jump around like crazy and swing their swords while doing flips and stuff :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I don't really know much about guild wars 2, but what I've seen looks pretty cool.

I'll probably play Tera when it comes out here. Too bad it's not open beta D: I would love to try it.

2. frostreaver

^Open beta is on April 20. You can find the details on TERA's facebook page or the website.

3. Abayomi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Oh, I didn't know that. Do you have to pay to play the open beta? I probably will either way, but it would be nice if it were free :3

4. Subwoofer

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yeah I definitely have to agree about the gameplay. Action games are always fun, especially when it's open world like Tera, I'll probably be getting Tera at a later time though.

5. frostreaver

Nope, its for everyone. You don't have to pre-order the game to get into it.

6. vyvance

A game you might enjoy in the meantime just started beta, C9. It is probably closer to Vindictus than TERA, but might help pass some time till TERA.

Also, pre-purchase has started for Guild Wars 2. Benefits of pre-purchase include access to all beta weekends, in-game ring, and 3 days headstart. Headstart meaning start playing the game 3 days before official launch.

7. Bosco

Whee I went out and picked up me prepurchase code the other day!
    I'm so excited for gw2 to come out! So glad that the next BWE wont be till the end of the month; gives me time to finish studying for my exams

8. vyvance

So, the beta weekend is this weekend for those who pre-purchased the game. Anyone going to be playing; and if so, what are your plans?

9. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Yes and yes. I'm just going to be testing out warrior, the proffesion I'm going to be, and look at trade skills, so I know which path to go down when I start the game.

10. vyvance

Its nice that they are giving gems to swap home server during the beta. I'm anxious about picking a good home server for WvW. I just know I'm gonna pick some crap server with nothing but terrible players. More of a concern for launch than beta though really.

11. frostreaver

I'll be trying the classes that interests me, namely, Mesmer, Engineer, Thief and Ranger to see which one I should play.

12. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Oh WoW (pun intended), didn't know you can swap gems to homeworld during beta, guess I'll be gathering gems too then.

My classes of interest in a particular order is going to be: Warrior, thief, ranger, elementalist, I think.

Just to note: You CAN get more slots so you can have all the proffessions, maybe even more so you can have multiple of each proffesion, however you will have to buy them, as obviously GW2 still needs ways to get income as GW2 itself is a one-time fee.

13. Mobiusponder

I'm going to be playing in the GW2 beta. Not as much as I'd like, though ... too much going on around now.

14. Valyrian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So...anyone got an invite for today's BWE? I preordered so i'll be playing tonight...most likely on Desolation EU..if anyone else is, please let us know!

15. andrewshell11

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have preordered Guild Wars 2 and I'm super excited. I have also played TERA. I purchased the digital collector's edition. I am a big fan of TERA, but I haven't really had the time to play it much.