On my own for the first time!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by 55, Mar 31, 2012.

1. 55

Last Monday I moved to a condo on my own following my coming out and divorce over the past few months. I was raised in a family with 8 children, had a roommate in college, and then got married just before my junior year - and was married for 35 years prior to my divorce. So for all of my 56 years I've never had my own place.

This is awesome!! I found a great condo in a secluded development where most of the residents are my age. I don't have to worry about when I come or go and all the stuff here is mine! What a feeling! One happy coincidence is that my next door neighbors in my unit are gay. They've lived here for 22 years. I'm looking forward to getting to know them. I haven't talked to them much yet, but I can't wait to tell them I'm gay too.

Maybe sometime down the road, I'll find someone to share my life with again, but definitely not until I'm ready.

Life outside of the closet - I'm going to drink it in! :eusa_danc

This site has been so great in helping me though the transition! Thanks to everyone who's supported, encouraged, and counseled me! (&&&)

I'm sure there'll be obstacles along my journey, but at least there's an authentic person taking it!

Much love,

2. Pilgrim is hot

that sounds great, glad everything is working out :slight_smile:

3. 55

:confused:

I'm not sure how this thread ended up in Entertainment and Media. I posted it in Chit Chat. Maybe it had something to do with the page change.

4. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congratulations and how cool to have gay neighbors! How did you come to know they are gay? That'll be a great story once you let them know you are too. Good luck settling in to your place, but I hope it won't feel lonely since you've always had people around. Sounds like you have lots of family and friends nearby so you can do stuff if you're lonely. You're doing great :slight_smile:

5. amwm2wm3

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's awesome! One of the things that I loved about college was that alone time. I very much so missed my now-husband (who was an ocean away) but that independence was important and allowed me to be myself.
    Good luck with everything!