1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is your type?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ArcherySet, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Nightmaric

Honestly, I'm not that specific. I've found a plethora of different types of dudes attracted and I'm okay with that. I have found I am generally attracted to tanner (or darker skinned), tall guys with big personalities (muscled, but not overly).

What i must have in a relationship. Honestly I have no type I'll stay away from unless you: do heavy drugs (marijuana is the only drug that I'd say I can deal with, everything else is non negotiable), have an extreme distaste or apathy for the world, or just kinda suck personality wise (this does not include guys who have quieter dispositions, I don't discriminate on that, I'm talking docuhebaggery, obnoxiousness, and lack of personal hygene) I feel like that isn't too much to ask.

What I'd find awesome, if you weren't any of the things mentioned in the above paragraph. I love blue and green eyes. They are pretty awesome. Kept in shape. This doesn't mean one has to look like Adonis but I'd rather not date someone who could literally crush me. Height. I love tall guys, I'm about 5 '7 so a lot of guys are taller, so it's not that hard as I don't see myself growing much. I like guys with great personalities and a wide variety of interests. I would like a guy who shares my passion for horror movies, but I see that would be a slim chance of happening. I need the English language to not be butchered (exception, those learning it, then I find it adorable). I can't stand pretentious or arrogant guys so yeah don't be that. This goes with obnoxiousness. Opinionated but flexible. I like to think of myself as pretty opinionated but can see other points of view. It's nice to be this in my opinion. I love muscly arms and chest but that's negotiable as well.

I hope that I don't sound too picky. The first paragraph is the things I must have, the second paragraph is what I like and what would be something similar to a fantasy. Hope that clarifies any confusion.

2. nicecoolguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well I guess this is just another perspective, but I'm mostly attracted to women, and can find guys attractive every now and then; however, I am much more picky with guys. As far as women, decent size is great. I'm not really picky, but I just prefer she looks healthy. I guess I tend to prefer the smaller side of average to like Queen Latifah size (a women with curves in the right places), but thin's okay too as long as it's healthy. I generally prefer long hair, but if she has short hair and it works for her than it's really attractive. I like all natural hair colors. I generally prefer that she's not taller than me, and not too much shorter than me. I think it'd be weird being with a girl more than a foot shorter than me. Race is open. Past the looks, I don't date smokers, and I'm not into the loud mouthed, overly-opinionated, aggressive type. I like a more modest girl, not too shy, but well-mannered and who knows how to state her opinion without being so aggressive. I guess the right word would be assertive. She can't have a potty mouth and she must be well-educated. Lastly, she needs to be mature as I'm already mature for my age and the last thing I need is a girl who acts like she's still in high school.

As for guys, not many catch my eye but I know it when I see it. I prefer no facial hair and a full head of hair, and long hair is always a plus! Once again, healthy size and I'm most open to a broad range. I don't think too much about dating guys but if I did I guess I'd want the same things personality-wise that I want in a woman.

3. needshelp

i'm a variety type of guy where i'll go for anything if i think they're attractive but then again, it all boils down to who i can get along with best. i could be very attracted to a guy but if our personalities don't click, then forget it. it really doesn't matter what he's into or if we're the exact opposite as long as it's nothing where i have to watch over my shoulder because it's something he shouldn't be doing. i would like to have a fit guy, muscular or whatever but it really doesn't matter especially if i like him. as long as we understand each other, we're cool because i'll admit, i'm a misunderstood guy that is a bit of an outcast.

#23 needshelp, Mar 29, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2012
  4. Waffles

For a girl? I'm kinda a softie for girls with smaller boobs. I'd prefer that I'd be the taller one if I went out with a girl. I don't have a specific hair color or eye color for them. I like my girls to be little balls of energy, and it's more comfortable when I can relate to them! :3

NOW, for a guy? I want someone taller than me. Period. It'd be nice to let them be the.more.dominant one (I'm quite shy XD). I don't want someone fat, but I don't want them to be all skin-and-bones. A little meat on them bones would be nice! Again, no specifics on hair or eye color. And I like it when their voice is mature sounding, but not DEEP deep. -_- And I don't really think about their penis size. XD

For both, I want a balance of looks and personality. Someone good looking, yet also has a great personality. :3 Actually, now that I think of it... I'm a softie for dirty blonds OR blue/hazel eyes. XD That's my preference~

5. ArcherySet

ArcherySet Guest

Well general Western media, yes. Gillette razor commercials usually feature strong jawed, ruggedly handsome white guys with perfect hair, teeth, and that 'ideal' 6'0 180lbs medium build that you'd find on a department store mannequin.

However, if you travel abroad and avoid American chains, you will see gorgeous models of whichever culture, selling products to their people. I do however find it funny that whenever I go into Abercrombie & Fitch (to chuckle at the $180 destroyed jeans) and eye up the pretty guys that work there (it doesn't last long, I usually get choked out by the over powering cologne they soak their clothes in), 80% of their clientele are non white.

For me visits to A & F are little more than reminders of those great MADtv skits.

I think if you were to meet my ginger crush, you might change that rule. He is Irish/Italian, and with a killer smile. Not to mention a laundry list of other qualities I find amazing. I had started another thread about him, as he is one of those 'straight unattainable' ones. 6'3'', 190lbs, smells amazing... there I go again. I need a drink.

#25 ArcherySet, Mar 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2012
  6. Bolin

I don't have a type physically. I guess the only thing is tend to like heavier guys, but that's it. I don't have any physical preferences, and I've had crushes on men of all races, size, hair color, eye color, you get the drift. Good looks don't make a home.

7. dairyuu

I like guys who are smart. Guys who are both smart and not ugly (not super hot, just not ugly) are my ideal type. And tall people like me. I can't imagine dating someone who was below 5'11

8. Pain

Pain Guest

Is it narcissistic to say I think I would like someone like me? But that's a dream world; perfection can't happen twice :wink:
    All joking aside, the only people I did like were people I thought I never would, because of their "types." How they didn't fit perfectly to what I wanted. I thought I would like white, thin but athletic, dark-haired, metro-ish guys, but it was really a great experience, liking people outside my ideas, making my only real type people who care about me. Now, I still dream about that perfect guy who my "type" extends to, but I've become so much more open-minded.

9. Subwoofer

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Cuddly guys, Preferably hairy and with beard (Bears a little more on the husky side). Nice, friendly personality. Enjoys cuddling. Yuup, I loves me some bears. I suppose I'm a chubby chaser since I like my women a little more on the curvy side as well.

10. ThatCoopKid

I have to agree. All of the gay/bi guys I've ever met are extremely narrow in their thoughts of what they want. I actually kinda used to be the same way before I realized that wasn't the person I wanted to be though.

Truthfully, I'm extremely attracted to a lot of things. I like tall, I like short, skinny, muscular, chubby, medium dick sized, to large (though not too large), red heads, blonds, brunettes, all eye colors, hairy, not hairy, etc. I'm not particularly picky because I'm more worried about the personality of the person themselves. I could find the hottest guy in the world, but his soul could be blacker than the vacuums of space. But, I do have a preference for white guys, Australians/Brits/Russians (the accents are really cool), and compact but muscular guys.

11. Kidd

Kidd Guest

I don't really have a "type," but if I had to describe my perfect boy, physically speaking, it would be Gregoire Leprince-Ringuet. The only thing I really insist on a guy having is a great sense of humor and even better teeth. I sort of have a fetish for nice smiles, and if his isn't perfect or close to it I don't think I could ever get over it. As for his personality--someone who doesn't take themselves too seriously but is still intellectual enough to talk politics, religion, ethics, art, music, literature, that sort of thing. And I'm like a health freak so he should be that way too, of course.

12. IanGallagher

Comically straight guys or more technical regular acting dudes. Not saying masculine because that brings the notion of jocks to the forefront. Problem is have still to meet one gay guy that fits the bill lol. Luckily I like girls more, because the dudes area is hard water to swim in to find someone that fits that bill. Hope none take offense. It's just - I have still to run across one.

Other than that... regular/average build, masculine features in the face, tough rebel type yet relax and cool at the same time. Too "regular" just slide into friend zone lmaol.

As said, I think due to leaning towards girls the other area is way too narrow.

#32 IanGallagher, Apr 12, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2012
  13. super confused

I'm strictly going to stick to the physical aspect of this question; it's so much less complicated.

My type (for females) is: tall, good-looking, thin, pale, small everything. But I'm pretty flexible. I'm currently with a girl who is the opposite of that (with the exception that she is very pretty).

My type (for males) is: tall, good-looking, thin, well muscled (but not gross muscles like a wrestler or something, and I know that thin and well-muscled could be a little contradictory, but basically, when I say thin, I mean someone with very little body fat), no facial hair. Also, I have a real soft spot for Asian guys.

Other than that, I can't really think of anything. I don't particularly care about eye or hair color, and (although I prefer pale skin in females and I've got that soft spot for Asian guys) race isn't much of a consideration for me. My partner having the racial trait that I prefer is kind of like having your favorite kind of frosting on your cake; if you like the cake, the frosting really doesn't matter much and you won't turn down a slice, but if it's got your favorite frosting, you're going to ask for a slice...a big slice. :wink:

14. erod123

Physical appearances don't really matter, cause come on people, we are not going to stay the same shape as we get older. But other than that, I like guys with the 'emo' type hair, someone with an awesome personality, who's adventurous, kind, someone who isn't afraid to be with me in public (I've dated many guys like that... doesn't work out) eye color doesn't matter, although my friends eyes are oh my god gorgeous,his left eye is light blue and the right it hazel, but other than that they have to be cool, understanding, listens to good music, a guy that likes to hang out, but doesn't make our relationship the main priority, I mean come on somedays I want to have just a friend day to hang out with my friends, and he hangs out with his. As for sexual things just go with the flow. It works wonders:slight_smile: wow I guess I am picky:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

15. Mad Man L

I do have a type.
    For women, long brown hair, fair skin (tan a bonus), moderate (or larger) breasts, a nice smile, attractive face, relatively skinny, no body hair and not too much muscle.
    For men, brown hair, fair skin (tan a bonus), some muscle + some definition (too far either way is a turn-off), only body hair on legs, pubic area and maybe a bit of facial hair if it suits the person. Nice smile, attractive face and not far towards either gender extreme - this means no fems, and no manly men, generally.
    In general, I tend to find mostly white people attractive. I'll be honest and say that personality while it can help slightly, isn't a huge factor in when I'm falling for someone, unless they're a dick/bitch.

16. AloneOutHere

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I like bigger guys :slight_smile: A buldging belly never hurt nobody.

17. Eww

Eww Guest

Alive and under 100.

18. ArcherySet

ArcherySet Guest

Sounds pretty broad. That's what I was looking for. Obviously a good personality is paramount in building a relationship (unless you're a person that doesn't actually want to do that some day), but was just asking about the physical.

19. Lewis

Hmm, tough one. I don't really have a set 'type', but I like muscular guys (not too muscly), not too concerned about hair colour, but I do like masculine faces (chiseled, defined features) and I like guys that are manly, but not arrogant with it.

I'm not really picky, they just have to be attractive? I know it's a little shallow, but eh... :confused:

Oh and I like reasonably sized dicks (definitely not small), but not abnormally large ones either.

#39 Lewis, Apr 17, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  20. Aquilo

I like girls/guys who are smart, really nice and courteous.
    Physically I like girls/guys who have no facial hair and are not too skinny or too fat.