1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Hunger Games (2012)

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Fusileer, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Abayomi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah I've read the first and second, on the third right now. Paused at about halfway through that :slight_smile:

Well yes, of course, we're aware of what's going on... But we aren't entertained by the fact that sweatshops are where our purses and shoes are made... Children suffering doesn't make us happy.

I don't think the people in the capitol are necessarily evil... But they do know that the tributes may not want to compete, and that it's cruel. And yet they enjoy watching the games anyway.

That's the difference, sorry if I wasn't clear enough :slight_smile:

2. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I vehemently disagree!! It drives home the social commentary explained above, in my humble opinion.

Catching Fire was pure genius in my opinion; I don't think I stopped even to pee while reading it. Mockingjay was very nearly heaven-sent (again, my opinion, I'm not saying those who dislike it are wrong or anything :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:). I just found a few of the District 13 parts to be a tad slow, compared with the other areas in the story.

I think the latter two books focus more on the theme of what's right and wrong than the initial book does.

Anywho... I'm probably just splitting hairs, but for the life of me this cat can't fathom that some people, somewhere on this same planet don't feel the same way about Catching Fire and Mockingjay as I do... Then again, not everyone is as insane as I am. xD

3. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm actually in the 3rd Annual Hunger Games for District 1 :slight_smile: On the HG Wikia :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. ANightDude

Anyone else go into a mild depression after finishing Mockingjay? Without giving away spoilers, the last scene with Katniss and Buttercup just tore me apart.

5. PeaceLoveJoy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I loved Hunger Games and Catching Fire but to me Mockingjay didn't really have the same punch the other two had, I mean it was mainly just Katniss going, "I'm the Mockinjay...I'm the Mockingjay...etc"

6. Obsidian

I thought the tributes from seven were supposed to be trees...?
    (with the costume thing)

7. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I guess maybe they're paper trees? LOL

8. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  9. Aelphaba1234

Way better than a lot of movie adaptations of popular books! It could have been much bloodier, considering the topic and the number of casualties…and I'm really glad they kept it to a PG-13 level. I was pretty impressed at how close it was to the book, actually.

10. DJT

DJT Guest

I just watched the hunger games today (I know, better late then never right?!) I loved it! It was so good, It made me laugh, angry and a bit teary :frowning2: I think it's a great movie adaptation, they missed a few details out, but that happens in a lot of movies, due to time I guess? :/

11. SkyDiver

I thought it was such a good movie! I didn't actually finish the book, because idk I just had trouble following it I guess. But after seeing the movie I'm definately going to try again!

12. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just finished Catching Fire, it was soooo good. I'm going to read MockingJay tomorrow and hopefully it is quite good. I am nervous as some say it's a tad slow, others say it's great, so you can maybe understand where I'm coming from when I say nervous.