1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Hunger Games (2012)

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Fusileer, Mar 19, 2012.

1. sokk

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I heard they cut out the gay character.. :frowning2:

2. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't know cause I haven't read the books yet...

3. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can't recall a gay character from the books, despite my many efforts. I've re-read them a couple of times, but maybe I'm just not looking closely enough. Or perhaps the character in question is so matter-of-factly a homosexual that it goes unnoticed to people like me... Although my gaydar is far from good at picking up on that sort of thing.

4. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

I'm with you, I never picked up that a character was in fact gay. Could be totally wrong since I have missed some in the past xD

5. anonymous1

SPOILER

I saw it last night and really enjoyed it. I liked how they showed the gamemakers so much. Also when the dogs jumped out my lez friend freaked out, grabbed me, and buried her face in my shoulder and then made me hold her hand the rest of the movie :slight_smile:

6. sokk

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    OK.. I read somewhere that there was a gay character in the books that wasn't in the movie. I guess they were wrong then.

7. Starshine16

Saw it first at the midnight premiere with a group of friends including the girl I am majorly crushing on. Loooved it! It was so loyal to the books and the casting was perfection.

Just went and saw it again today and it was even better the 2nd time around.

8. Obsidian

I was afraid they would make the movie like the Twilight series or some crap like that. Then I saw the movie, and I think they did a pretty good job with it.

9. Of Mice and Men

After reading all of the books several times, I can say that I adored the movie almost as much as the book. It was done perfectly, with perfect casting and narration. The action scenes may have been enough to give someone a seizure, but other than that I really loved the movie.

Oh, and Effie Trinket is a goddess among women. Just saying.

10. shy

shy

can't say I liked it too much. camera was terribly shaky and it was obviously made by the same people making twillight. I missed the blood.

11. Esalhok

Esalhok Guest

I have mixed feelings about it... on the one hand I understand that most book-adapted movies need to cut out a lot of scenes due to time restraints but I felt like they missed out on a lot of the scenes that gave the book more of a dark appeal, which I liked. The shaky camera effect also bugged me a lot... it was making me dizzy during the movie. More gore would've been nice too but I understand why they couldn't do much of it as the movie's demographic was mainly kids.

12. Maxis

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This, it gave the movie a more realistic feel but I think the movie would have been better without it. It was really starting to bother me, I couldn't stop thinking about it the whole movie. :x

13. Abayomi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Have to say I loved everything about the movie! I saw it at the theatres 3 times! First with my gay friends, second with my mom and brother, and third with my highschool friends xD and I'll probably watch it again with my boyfriend when he has the time.

I saw the movie first and then read the book. I'm on the last book right now. I have to say the book is great and made me fall in love with Rue, but I prefer the movie actually! I LOVE CLOVE SHE IS A FABULOUS MOFO ASSASSIN. For the first time watching the movie, everytime she was on the screen I would stare at her in awe. She's just so fierce and evil... And pwetty :3 I could gush about her alllll day! I was so disappointed that unlike in the movie where you got to see her and her skills a lot, she plays such a small role in the book.

One more thing, before watching the Hunger Games 3 times I didn't really like blonde haired blue eyed guys. It was always, okay... What's so great about that? I prefer black hair and brown eyes.

But then I read a Cato x Original Character slash fanfic and I totally fell in love with Cato. And on my third time watching the Hunger Games I could not stop staring at him! Now I think blonde hair and blue eyes are sexy ^_~

Thank you Suzanne Collins for opening my eyes to another type of glorious man.

I'm such a fanboy... Gah... I need to control myself :3

14. provehito

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I currently do not have time to watch the movie/read the book but I do plan on reading the books first before watching the movie :slight_smile:

I hear its very good.

15. Zapha

^ I agree, read the books first :slight_smile:

The movie was great, it did miss a few things, but I don't think that they detracted from the story.

And I agree Abayomi, Cato is so damn fine

[​IMG]

hot hot hot hot hot hot hot!

16. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I thought the movie did pretty well, given that it was based on a book. It definitely succeeded in keeping all the main points that were in the book. There were a couple of edits, obviously, but it all worked and made for a good movie that I would happily watch again.

17. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lenny Kravitz didn't play Cinna gay enough for some people, even though in the book he never appears to be flamboyant (i.e. stereotypically gay) at all (in fact, I always got the oposite impression, that he was much more reserved than anyone else in the capitol, which is what he pulled off in the movie)

I actually think it's kinda questionable that everybody read 'male fashion designer' and decided that he was gay.

18. RebelD

Going to watch it on Friday. I prefer to read the book after I watched the movie, keeps the movie from being a disappointment. Really looking forward!

19. Abayomi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yep! Totally hot! I think the casting was superb :grin: go Cato!

Oh yeah, I don't know how to do the whole spoiler thing where all my text is hidden until you press the button to show it, so I won't say what I originally wanted to. Just that there was one part in the movie that wasn't in the book that made me teary eyed :slight_smile: it was very exciting and moving.

Usually that never happens to me xD only in the hunger games and v for vendetta did I feel so strongly.

20. Sayu

Nope, Cinna's there xD Just kidding, but I still think he's gay :grin: