1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's a weird/quirky habit or ritual you have?

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by EmmettBlack, Mar 12, 2012.

1. lonelywisp

Out Status:
    A few people
    Before I go to bed, the chair in front of my computer desk has to be pushed all the way in and face the right way or else I will get out of bed and change it before I can fall asleep.

2. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

Ok well when I was younger I was scared to let the blanket touch the floor because I was scared that I would get nightmares haha cx

3. Princess Danica

I like to do things at 1 minute before each section on the clock. Like... okay lol like I'll get up to do something at 9:59, or say 10:09, 10:14, etc you see what I'm doing? Like take an even part of the clock i.e. 10:00 or 10:10 and do something just 1 minute before it?? So like... yeah I'm weird :dry:

4. vendettaxo

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I have a silly time thing as well... dunno why but always do a "make a wish" whenever the time is the same... such as 1:11, 2:22, 12:12 etc.

5. indie

indie Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I :slight_smile:) tend to open the window in my room even if I'm cold, lol.. I love nature I guess

6. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I used to habitually begin counting to or from 1000 in my head. Massive levels of restlessness and impatience, I am usually able to maintain an air of calm in better times but internally I am freaking out if I have nothing to do or think about. I would love to meet someone who got bored as easily as me to compare notes.

7. indie

indie Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Reminds me of a song by Austin Mahone, tehe... xD

8. ChameleonSoul

I have this weird obsession that I refuse to let the microwave timer hit 00:00, even if it means stopping right in the middle of what I'm doing...

9. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

I often trace numbers in the air with my finger for no apparent reason.
    I shake my foot for no apparent reason.
    I hate it when doors aren't closed.
    I used to lock myself for hours in cardboard boxes until I got too big to fit in them.
    I often make weird noises, I don't know why.
    I often apologize for no apparent reason.

I have more, but it would take too long to list them all.

10. Holdingb

Holdingb Guest

In a playlist I cannot have the same artist's song twice in a row even if I had to add songs to prevent it.

11. katwat

I have always done it with the house door and also never had a problem until this spring. We had so much rain that it made the doorframe swell so that the door didn't set right. I "checked" the door and it just popped open. The lock was locked but the frame was warped enough the thingy didn't catch. Had to use the deadbolt lock which we rarely use to keep the door from just swinging open randomly until the weather dried up and the frame returned to normal. You never know when a crazy habit will come in handy.

My persistent ritual is to NEVER do a total count of my chickens. Every time I know exactly how many I have something awful happens like a strange killer illness or a rampaging dog and I lose a whole bunch of chickens. I can give you a guesstimate but never a correct count

12. Yosia

I have to say goodnight in order to sleep, even if it means saying it to my teddy.

13. SeaSalt

I cant sit down without my right leg jerking up and down on the sole of my foot continuously. I don't know why but I cant stop doing it, Its become involuntary

14. Derivative

Derivative Guest

Whenever I adjust the volume, it has to remain in multiples of 5. Anything else bothers me for some reason, and there's nothing worse than someone leaving the volume at say 37%. :eusa_naug

15. Mikoto

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This I going to sound weird. Not too wierd though. I make songs out of things I do,say,hear or see. I cant stop doing it.

16. Miles16

Miles16 Guest

Same for me whenever I make playlists or burn CDs - and I don't like to have two songs by the same artist within 3 songs of each other. I also always try to split a playlist into two distinct halves that are no more than 2-3 minutes different in length. Sometimes I'll even split it into quarters as if it's four sides of a double LP. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: