1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gender non-specific clothing?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by EmmettBlack, Mar 3, 2012.

1. EmmettBlack

Hey guys sorry if this is a repost - But I was wondering if anyone on here feels this way/ had heard of anywhere online or elsewhere of stores that deal in androgynous clothing?

For years I've been shopping in the teen guys section and even the kids section for tshirts sometimes (I'm slight of build and not that tall lol!), and have always since my early years dressed mostly androgynous in style as that's how I'm the most comfortable, I can be girly in appearance and dress as well, but most clothes aimed at women I don't have much of an interest in, and a lot of the guys stuff that isn't as neutral or have big loud obvious prints across them don't really do it for me either; mostly I just get away with plain tank tops/shorts etc.

Yesterday I found an online store called Unbound Apparel through a link on Facebook, dealing specifically in non-gender specific clothing which was kinda cool.

Just curious to know if anyone else knew of any other places such as the above, or if anyone else who's genderfluid/genderqueer/androgynous gets bored with the boys section in target? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2. Kidd

Kidd Guest

3. EmmettBlack

Thanks for that man, checked it out and I've practically got half a new wardrobe now haha! :slight_smile:

4. Bosco

I don't know about stores in Australia, but many run-of-the-mill stores sell pretty androgynous clothing. Especially since a lot of clothes only different in cutting and the recent trend is towards solid colours/minimalistic prints.

I guess my recommendation would be to look at cardigans, maybe argyle sweaters, hoodies, coloured jeans etc? Actually now that I'm thinking about it, hipster clothing comes to mind :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Hipster, preppy clothes

5. EmmettBlack

Those Hipsters, they're just too damn fashionable for their own good haha! Yeah that's pretty much what I've resorted to; Pants are the hardest because I'm an in-between size, it sucks!

6. Christiaan

Christiaan Guest

Solid color polo shirts and denim. That's my preferred Summer coat, and I consider it to be unisex enough. I'm not sure about stores, though.