1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kirk Cameron on homosexuality: "Unnatural & destructive"

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Fintan, Mar 3, 2012.

1. aidan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z-OLG0KyR4

2. Rob999

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I see...

3. Tim

Tim

Is it funny I don't care less what he thinks, but I'm actually interested in what his sister thinks?

Though, considering she now acts on ABC Family, I would assume she can't be as against homosexuality as her brother, considering ABCFamily is all about acceptance and has multiple gay characters on their shows.

4. Emberstone

I have heard that she is more open and accepting, but at the same time, I have heard she still disapproves, she just doesnt believe its her place to demonize people for who they are.

whatever is true, you just gotta take what you can get.

5. Zontar

Who gives a shit about what this buffoon thinks? He sucked on Growing Pains and he sucks now.

6. LdSlnce

LdSlnce Guest

"I wouldn't say that's great, as long as you're happy..."

"...shouldn't act on how you feel..."

I'm so sick of that. Honestly, if you want to get your point across, do it in a more tactful way; don't sound like a douche. From what he's saying, it's ok for a person to be unhappy as long as they are following the "norm."

He uses the Bible to argue his point, which is offending. From what I know, I don't re-call any talk of God wanting us unhappy. Rejecting a part of yourself like many people want is going to lead to unhappiness. God wants us happy! Start finding a better reasoning. If you're going to disagree on controversial subject, make sure you have some solid foundation to your argument, idiot. And stop making people who believe in God and the Bible look bad. I believe in God, you don't see me saying what he's saying! Gosh, way to make us look like monsters...

People like that make me wonder how we got to where we are now :dry:.

Sorry if any of this offended anyone, I'm just a bit ticked off :bang:.

7. nydtc

Shouldn't the real question here be "Has Piers Morgan already run out of B- C- and D list celebrities?"

8. Emberstone

hmmm. god made the banana in such a way that it has ease of anal penetration... what do you say to that, kirky poobag? not only does it have a tab so you can peel it to eat, but both ends are tappered, allowing for one to ease it into the rectum past the spincter.

9. bdman

Yes you are right. My family always defended Pat Robertson no matter how ridiculous his words are. They can't stop talking about how godly Rick Santorum is too. Reason and logic just don't matter.

10. Loras

I wish noone would be offended by this, listening to what he says is the only reason its offending. Were as the interviewer is sticking up for gay rights, I think we should watch it and be proud that we have people like him who are prepared and not ashamed to stick up for us!!

11. TruffleDude

I was honestly unaffected by Kirk in this video. The interviewer, however, made me laugh pretty hard when he said, "I would tell my kids, son that's great, as long as your happy." Classic and heartwarming. Plus he really threw Kirk off-balance with that comment, which was quite hilarious.

12. Fintan

Cameron said in an e-mail statement to ABC News today:

“I spoke as honestly as I could, but some people believe my responses were not loving toward those in the gay community. That is not true. I can assuredly say that it’s my life’s mission to love all people.”

“I should be able to express moral views on social issues, especially those that have been the underpinning of Western civilization for 2,000 years—without being slandered, accused of hate speech, and told from those who preach ‘tolerance’ that I need to either bend my beliefs to their moral standards or be silent when I’m in the public square.”

“I believe we need to learn how to debate these things with greater love and respect. I’ve been encouraged by the support of many friends (including gay friends, incidentally).”

13. Emberstone

western civilization is based on rome and greece, not christanity. infact, the biggest, most vocal group speaking out against the concept of representative goverment and democracy was the church, which viewed such ideas as demonic and an affront of theirs, the churches, authority of earth.

Rome had open homosexuality... therefore, western civilization says yay for gay.

14. Christiaan

Christiaan Guest

Actually...I've got a lot of background on this history of civilization issue, and it's a little bit more tangled than that. I'm presently studying the history of the Silk Road, which has actually done worlds to help me shed the Europe-centered concept of history, which had long been itching like an old skin.

While Europe was going through its little dark age, Chinese civilization surged. During this time period, it was quite routine for young men to attach themselves to more established men for political, social or economic advancement. In Confucian tradition, they also kept wives and produced heirs, assuming they intended to be "dutiful." It was actually exactly identical to pederasty.

Once you've studied a variety of ancient civilizations, it becomes quite clear, there hasn't been a worthwhile civilization in history that persecuted the gay people. Civilizations where gay people were persecuted have generally been fairly worthless and destructive.