your high school prom. did you go?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by needshelp, Mar 1, 2012.

1. I got asked 3 times, once each year in high school.....never went. Mine came, and I instead traveled to New York with our Jazz Band to compete in the Essentially Ellington competition and play on stage with Wynton Marsalis (I play trumpet so this is a HUGE thing)....we ended up getting 3rd and I have memories that will last my lifetime.

Am I sorry I didn't go to Prom?

Hell no

2. Fairybread

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Mines in june, and im going, and im taking my gf :slight_smile:

3. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, I'm homeschooled so I've never had one to go to.
    These kids from my church sort of invited me to a dance once but I didn't go.

4. simon94

No. Not cause of sexuality, just happened to coincide with me falling out with/ finding new friends.

I regret not having gone now, but I was a very different person then than I am now, and it was the best for me at the time.

5. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I didn't go, I had some offers but I turned them down. My brother told me that when he went to his, it was the one of the dumbest things he ever had to do. Him and I actually went to a Megadeath concert on my prom night, by the way they suck, I only went because we had free tickets.

But I don't regret going, it's not my kind of thing.

6. DegrassiLover10

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've never went.

7. greeneyes

I went. It was lame haha.

8. caughtbywitness

Yup I'm going, its in June and should be alright!

9. musikk021

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I didn't go to my junior or senior prom. First of all, I wouldn't be caught dead wearing a dress! And the girl I'm in love with was going with a guy, and the last thing I wanted to see was her dancing with him or any other guys. Especially slow dances =(

10. colorful

I am definately going to my prom. I go to an all girls (Catholic) school and my friends and I are just going together without dates. Haha. The girl I like doesn't go to my school (but I mean we aren't together or anything anyway although I was going to go to her prom). I highly doubt that my school would allow me to bring another girl anyway. In any case I am not out there and I don't plan on being... maybe I'll bring someone to prom next year. I'm making my dress and I'm super excited. :slight_smile: I'm also going to the LGBTQ prom, but it's not actually formal or anything (probs even more excited for that).

11. starfish

I did not go, not my bag baby.

12. Mad Man L

I went to my semi-formal in Year 11 and I will definitely be going to my formal in Year 12.

Much like Pophrygenitus, it is almost expected that you would go - even most of the socially inept/isolated turn up. I however, go to a co-ed school, so we don't need to take anybody or anything like that.

I really enjoyed my semi-formal, it was lots of fun. I really wish I went to the after party, but alas, my parents are nazis. I am more the wiser for my formal, though.

13. Mobiusponder

I went to senior prom with a group of people and without a date [two of my friends had dates: I asked a junior, and she initially said yes, but her mom said no. She was a nice girl.]. Ended up dancing with one of my friend's dates because he wasn't dancing with her. Also had a random girl in my class start grinding and I tried to do the dance but stopped after five seconds when I realized I'd rather be dead than do that dance [it wasn't that she was unattractive, but ... I mean ... well, I don't really know what it was, but it made me absurdly sick to my stomach].
    Didn't go to the others. Kinda regret going to the senior prom, but eh. Whaaatever. I didn't feel comfortable there. At all.

14. unknownerror

I went to my junior prom, my school didn't have a senior prom..

I went alone, but I did ask a girl (as I was still very hidden) who turned me down..later I found out she just wasn't into boys :slight_smile:

The prom was ok, but I drank waaay too much afterwards and lost my glasses....my mom was so mad that I didn't get a new pair until I went to college over a year later!

15. nicecoolguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yup I went, but it wasn't particularly memorable. It just felt like another dance party, and it felt like most everyone else was paired up.

16. jsmurf

I went miserably alone, and regretted it because all the girls said I looked cute.

:/

17. GayJay

I have my prom in June. Me and my girlfriend decided we would buy and go to a festival ticket for then instead of paying around £250 for a dress i will never wear again, defiantly not my thing :')

18. BajanBoy13

Nope we don't have them here :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

19. ruralteen

Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm going to mine, just because it feels like the thing to do. I've gone freshman and sophomore year, and this will be my third (junior) year in attendance.

If you think you're gonna be the only person that feels alone there, you're probably wrong. High school is the time of our lives when everyone just feels different and non-conforming, and that's the common bond that connects us.

Prom is really what you make of it, at my school it is a lot more relaxed (68 kids in my class). Take a girl for premere, but just enjoy your night. Don't focus on the negatives, you're graduating soon anyway and leaving the haters behind.

20. Redroses

I went with a group of friends, as there was no one I was interested in going with as a date, most people who didn't have dates (including my friends) did the same thing.

I don't know what it's like in other countries but here there is no pressure to find a date for our formal (Prom), date or not most people went as it was the last time we would all be together until our high school reunion.