1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

skyrim, anyone?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by kitten, Feb 26, 2012.

1. frostreaver

I think I'm near the end of the main quest. It is pathetically short lol. BUT! I still have sooooooo many other quests to do and places to explore!

2. Mogenar

After six hours of playtime, I am a Level 16 (almost 17) Breton female.. I have enchanted Dwarven armor and boots, an Imperial Bow of Frost, and Sanguine's Rose.

I am a member of the Dark Brotherhood.

As for my skills, I have Archery at 41 and One-Handed at 32, I think? I can remember the rest.

I've killed a good six dragons already, though I only have three shouts....

3. Obsidian

I have plenty of money so I am just hoarding random things in my house in Windhelm

4. adam88

Try upping your smithing and improving all your armour and weapons if you haven't already. The extra damage and protection adds up, even at low levels. Also, the Imperial bows aren't that good. The hunting bows can be improved using only leather strips and improve to a better maximum damage, if you're looking for a light bow. :slight_smile: If you're looking for a heavier bow, I'd say glass is my favourite (so long as you've unlocked glass smithing - if you have glass smithing but not ebony smithing, they're better and lighter than ebony bows), but ebony or daedric work well for end-game if you have those smithing perks, the only downside being they're really heavy - on bows, that means that they take longer to draw, but shoot further and with a flatter trajectory.

5. Mogenar

Yeah, I know that the Imperial bows aren't as good, but it had a better starting damage and my smithing skill is kind of crappy. To be honest, none of my non-combat skills are very good, because I tend to shoot first and ask questions later in games.

The only non-combat skills I have that's worth anything really is my Lockpick skill and maybe my Alchemy skill.

6. Blue Eyed Panda

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I play Skyrim ^^ Although I played most of it before the lag fix update on the PS3.

110+ hours sunk into it... social life is still recovering :3
    Almost level 50 though :slight_smile:

7. adam88

Buy a bunch of iron and leather straps and get making iron daggers, buddy! :slight_smile: You'll level up in no time. Smithing is one skill that anyone who uses weapons or armour (IE not my high elf mage :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) should take, because even at low levels you can add a few points of damage or protection, and all it costs you is a few ingots. :slight_smile:

8. frostreaver

If I remember right, one of the patches made the skill gains for smithing based on price. So its now harder to just level up with only iron daggers.

9. Level75

I've been recommended against power leveling Smithing. Game kind of punishes you hard if you end up being a craftsman out in the field. I guess it's to be expected since every direction to take your character in has ups and downs. So surely there must be some appeal to having a character with high Enchanting and Smithing. Make some godly gear.

Right now, I'm trying to have a hybrid mage fighter. Sort of in line with the idea of a Red Mage from the Final Fantasy series. My "craft" skills (Smithing, Alchemy, and arguably Speech) have taken a hit though for all the perks I have to learn. Only making room for Enchanting right now.

10. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

That's true inasmuch as the game will throw more powerful opponents at you as your level goes up, regardless of whether you're a higher level because you leveled combat skills like heavy armor or destruction, or because you leveled non-combat skills like pickpocket and smithing. Powerleveling crafting skills is all good and fine, as long as they don't take you to a level you aren't ready to fight at. Ditto for powerleveling any skill you don't use a lot (which is worth doing so you can get perk points for the skills you do use). I powerleveled smithing around when I was level 25, so it only brought me up a few more levels, thus it didn't take me out of my element.

In short, don't powerlevel anything early on, but once you have made a decent investment in your combat skills of choice, have at it.

11. adam88

Yeah, buy a bunch of iron and leather straps when you're in town, make and sell daggers. Go questing, level up your armour/1-handed/marksmanship a bit, go back to town to sell loot, buy a bunch of iron and leather straps. Rinse, repeat. :slight_smile: Once iron doesn't do it for you any more, raid a dwemer ruin for dwemer scrap metal and make a bunch of dwarven stuff. :slight_smile:

As long as you stagger your bits of power-leveling smithing with some actual adventuring, you won't be too weak to fight. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

EDIT: And now that smithing is based on value, gold and silver ingots are both even better for leveling smithing when combined with all those gems you have hanging around.

12. Obsidian

There is an alteration spell called transmute if you need some gold and silver(I loooove that spell) I found it during the first companions quest

13. Level75

Guessing it's a glitch, but everyone in Riverwood just ignored an Elder Dragon attacking them. Individuals only reacted whenever it spit ice in their faces.

Silly villager folk. Maybe if you pay attention, next time Sigrid won't have to die.

14. vyvance

People always ignore it when I am fighting a dragon. That must be one really damn interesting conversation about the weather to ignore the flames everywhere and my dying screams.

15. Ridiculous

Hah.. I've never had anyone ignore a dragon.
    Once I was walking down a path, and there was a dragon corpse with Maiq the Liar and a random stray dog standing next to it. I can only assume they killed it by themselves (which is impressive, considering Maiq just runs away normally).

16. adam88

Don't diss Ma'iq! :grin: lol Probably made fourth-wall-breaking comments that forced the dragon to realize he was in a video game and self-terminated. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

17. Obsidian

The kinds of things I've seen giants do to dragons generally makes me afraid to approach a giant.

18. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The only thing I hate about Skyrim, how suddenly it gets bored after all the main quests, secondary quests and side quests are complete!