1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who is Your Favorite Homestuck character?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Blkrsn, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Blkrsn

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I recently started reading Homestuck,
    It is AWESOME!

I just finished act 6, and now I'm seeing the post-scratch kids...

...not overly happy they switched protagonists. I heard a rumour that the pre-scratch kids come back... but I want them back now!

So far, John is my favorite human, and Karkat is my favorite Troll, but I guess I still like them all! ( everyone but Rose and Eridan. I don't like those two for some reason )

(MILD SPOILER)
    The look on Davesprite's face when Jadesprite turned into God Tier Jade and shrunk the world was priceless. I was sad though that she left him behind there :frowning2: Davesprite is awesome!

So, who is your favorite HS character?

2. stupidIvan

Don't worry, they come back. I don't want to spoil anything too badly for you though!

I love everyone, but my favorite human (well, WAS human) has GOT to be Nannasprite/Nanna Egbert. She is everything I ever wanted in a grandmother, but never had! I love her, and by default, my second favorite human is Jane.

My favorite trolls are (starting with my most!) Kanaya, Vriska, and Eridan. Though I tend to keep my like for Vriska on the down-lo because I feel embarrassed by it sometimes (bluh bluh huge bitch).

I also love the Felt A LOT, and was sort of sad that their part in the story was sort of miniscule (Doc notwithstanding), compared to the Midnight Crew dynamic that regurgitates itself for each session played.

What do you think of everything so far? {SPOILER} I was so upset by Jane clamming up, and not telling Jake of her feelings (though I believe this is a replay of the past i.e. Nanna not wedding Grandpa because he went of in search of AAADVENTURE!). Even if it is a residual event, it still makes me sad that she's in so much emotional distress. :::: ( And it's my one doomed pairing I guess, cause they're ectobiologically related (I think).

3. zoezoewriter

Florida, USA (AKA Where the old go to die)
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out of the ones that are actually alive?
    Huh... Hard to say...
    Guess I'll have to go with Karkitty. I mean, he is my patron troll... Although...Gamzee is also a fave of mine...And then there's the whole "Rose vs Jade" thing I have going---I'm gonna shut up now.
    Before they DIED it was a toss up between Equius and Nepeta. But now they're dead. And now I'm sad. :'(
    When it comes to the elite kids, I have a slight favoritism towards (spoiler if you don't know his name yet) Dirk. But I'm around the same point as you sooo...

4. Blkrsn

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Dirk is hilarious! ( SPOILERS ) I fanboy-squealed when the Glasses and Dirk were talking about Dirk admitting his feelings for Jake, and then Jake was telling Jane that he may explore those feelings ( END SPOILERS )

I finally caught up in the series! Its so amazing!

I laughed my ass off when Jade summoned Davesprite, and John was like, "Oh! I totally forgot about you." and he was like, "No shit!" XD Go Davesprite!

5. Cascade

I can't really decide, each character has their own reasons for being entertaining. Not to mention that there are SO MANY characters. Between the 4 universes (possibly 5 with uU), there are many different versions of the same characters, the Noirs for example.

6. stupidIvan

I know. The cast is so huge that sometimes really neat characters (like the Felt) get dramatically overlooked sometimes (like, in favor of the trolls or something). It makes picking and choosing that much harder, (but I still managed to do it!).

Is it possible to say that God-tier Andrew "Hussnasty" Hussie is also one of my favorite characters? Or would that just be weird?

Also, anyone as excited about the Dante Basco situation as I am??

7. Cascade

Nah that's fine, I like all the Huss's. All of them.

I think it's cool to have a celebrity reading, if he keeps on reading and liking it he could pass it on to the next celebrity and so on. Homestuck would finally hit the big time.

8. stupidIvan

Oh the Hussnastyism!

That's what I'm thinking! I'm very, very excited for the '11 generation of readership now, more than ever.

I never considered that a vine of celebrity-status could pass Homestuck on, and really bring it into brighter light: that would be amazing for Hussie and his staff!

9. Cascade

Celebrities reading it may be wishful thinking but I can dream, can't I?

At the very least his fans will see his Homestuck bloggings and tweets and wonder what it's about.

10. stupidIvan

Heeeeeeeey, you never know man! Viva voce is a powerful human mechanism, especially over the internet.

Precisely! Thus spreading the virus, oops, I mean, sensation further across the web.

Any ideas about Roxy's limbo sitch? I'm kinda scared, think that void is connected to anything that might be important (who am I kidding? Of course it is.)? Oh! Void! Ha, that's nice. I make myself smile.

11. Cascade

I'm guessing the void is the furthest ring, where she'll see the Horrorterrors. Or maybe she'll swap places with her dreamself. Whatever happens it will be interesting.

EDIT: Of course the minute I type this in there's an update disproving this.

Dream bubble is my guess then.

#11 Cascade, Feb 28, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
  12. Blkrsn

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just read the update *.*

So cool!

I'm still not too big a fan of the new kids, but I guess they are growing on me :slight_smile: And it was kind of cool the window teleported to Dirk's room and trapped Roxy inside :astonished: Maybe when she exits she'll see Dirk?

Oh! That being said...

wasn't John's Nanna ( apparently Jane ) and Jade's Grandpa ( apparently Jake ) teleported further back in time then 'Bro' and Rose's mother? So wouldn't Jake and Jane be older? Or is that one of those time paradox things?

13. Cascade

Yes they were teleported back further, but that was in the original session: B1. This is a completely separate universe, B2, where the kids and their guardians have swapped places so the ex-guardians are the same age while the B1 kids are different ages. (Or were, they're dead now.)

14. stupidIvan

GOD
    , don't you hate that? I can't theorize at 2:30 AM because, chances are, Hussie is gonna be toiling over Photoshop and update at 3! Man needs to sleep!

Oh but yup! All of that B1/2 universe stuff is right.

I guess all this dream/void nonsense we're seeing now (I think Jake sees the void because he died before he actually "woke" on Prospit????) is the Alpha kids meeting their, what I've been calling, "nega-patrons": Trolls from the previous session (A2 I guess, because their troll parallel would be A3? Or it might even fall with being a C, or a totes separate thing, or something, but that seems just as unlikely.) that, I guess, will serve as their "patrons" later (like Karkles and John, and Rose and Kanaya). Jake "meeting" Vriska was inevitable, so I guess all the kids will have one (Equius and Dirk, SO calling it). Or these dead-trolls the kids are seeing in the void MAY even bee the ancestors directly as children, not scratch-restarted, or something?

On a more aesthetic topic: Feferi/Batterwitch Peixis; Eyebrow piercing: YES! Hair: NONONONO NO.

#14 stupidIvan, Feb 29, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
  15. Blkrsn

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Was that really 'alternate Fef' we saw in 'The Void'? That would be cool, and creepy at the same time!

oh, and I drew a homestuck picture ( which is why I was gone for awhile... )

I drew it based off a fancomic I read, about Davesprite and Dirk fighting Jack, and the picture I drew was Davesprite leaning over Dirk's body... shit took me forever to draw! Especially Davesprite and the blood on Dirk's body...

16. ilovedogs9

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I was wondering when a Homestuck thread would appear. I have only just gotten past the intermission, actually. I haven't personally met any trolls, but I've seen them in chat. I probably shouldn't have read through all the responses here because I think I picked up some spoilers. My current favourite character is Dave.

17. Typical Dude

Hmmm... Mine is either Eridan, Sollux, or Cronus. I also like Kankri. Ahhhh I like them all its hard to pick a favorite! >w<

18. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So you also like Eridan?

Nah, Eridan does have some nice traits.

Anyway, here are my favorites:

Kids: Jake, Roxy
    Trolls: Gamzee, Sollux, Terezi, Nepeta, Equius