"Day of Dialogue" ... Nauseating and Not for the weak of heart

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Curly, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Allecto

Ugh, that site pisses me off so much. They're still hateful, but they hide it in "love and redemption" language. At least Fred Phelps and Rick Santorum are honest about their hatefulness.

Honestly, I don't think you can have a "dialogue" with these people. They aren't exactly operating with reason, so trying to reason with them is next to impossible.

2. Pilgrim is hot

yeah that is the problem, they are arguing about something they have no personal experience of (being LGBT) with no facts to back them up and in their minds you can't prove them wrong. Wish their was a way to make them experience what some LGBT kids have to put up with in schools. :dry:

#22 Pilgrim is hot, Feb 24, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2012
  3. nebenebe

Lafayette, Louisiana, USA, North America, Earth
    I don't even know how to respond to this. I get that they have the right to do it and all, but they're not the ones being targeted and they're not the ones who are committing suicide because of bullying. It's not like Christians are endanger of loosing any rights. I just don't get how they can be so.... ohh...

4. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

5. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That video is horrible. Shitty video quality at its finest.

I mean, how many times do we have to hear the people say "get the conversation started"?? What if I don't want to hear about your God?? Can I tell you to STFU???

I think that they have the right to do this, as long as they go about it correctly. I think that if they go around and tell everybody that they are "Going to Hell" Then that will cause some problems. That being said, if they go around and ask people if they are willing to talk then they will be fine. As long as both sides respect each others views, I don't think that this will cause many problems.

6. anonymous1

They CAN talk! All they want. The Day of Silence reflects what it is like to be a closeted gay. The silence and isolation of not expressing ourselves. I want to see the Day of Dialoge go a day without preaching. Why does everything have to be an issue?

7. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In a way it seems a slightly more sane version of the Day of Truth from a few years ago. For more information:
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvhd4pv062o[/youtube]

8. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I like how they felt the need to change the name of the "movement". Changing the name does not hide the fact that they are trying to condem homosexuals.

9. GoogieHowser

GoogieHowser Guest

i want THAT printed on a t-shirt.

its funny how they focus so much on sexuality but neglect Christ's teaching on not being a douche

10. Merlot

Thanks for posting this study but one needs to have advanced knowledge of biology to truly interpret it. Feminized brain and sexual orientation are two different things. For example, digit ratios (which evidence pre-natal exposure to testosterone) in straight and gay men evidence both "feminine" and "masculine" brains which would lead strengthen social construction arguments.

11. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't forget how apparently gay men have a hippocampus larger than heterosexual men. Almost similar size in comparison to a female hippocampus.

12. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Basically they are playing the victim role that nom and all of these groups have tried to take. It's so convenient how the Bible says that they will be persecuted for their beliefs. What a stroke of genius. Any and all groups should use that line in their founding documents so if someday they come under scrutiny, they can play that card. I'm not against all religious people, just those that support discrimination against GLBT people. There are good churches and religious people in the world.

I've edited a few points. My words in blue.

If you're gay and you, "express your perspective and deeply held beliefs, you could be verbally challenged—and maybe even encounter angry reactions."

"The goal of Day of Dialogue is to demonstrate Christ’s love and respectfully communicate our particularBiblical perspective..."

"So even if someone becomes angry with you or is rude because of your sexuality, it’s important to remain respectful and loving—while at the same time, remaining confident and bold in communicating your perspective and standing firm on your First Amendment right to share it."

#32 mnguy, Feb 27, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  13. Eww

Eww Guest

Wow. What I keep asking all over this site is, Why are Christians so obsessed with Jewish Law? It is not for Christians. It is for Jews. The stoning and homophobia, while it's pretty clearly written, is Jewish Law from about 3,000 years ago. It's funny that a religion that hates Jews quite often, also very often steals Jewish Law without even understanding it.

14. 'scuse me while I go throw up.

15. stupidIvan

I'm sorry, but whenever I see that phrase, it's my queue to stop reading.

This is stupid. I can't even begin to even form an opinion over it. : ol

[​IMG]

16. Linthras

Linthras Guest

There's two additional problems with Jewish law.
    1 That there are several verses that can be interpreted as saying Jewish laws do in fact apply to Christians, such as this one:
    "The scripture cannot be broken.” --Jesus Christ, John 10:35

“For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass the law until all is accomplished. Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.” (Matthew 5:18-19 RSV)

It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid." (Luke 16:17 NAB)

2. The same Jewish laws also state that disobedient children should be stoned, and yes that is reinforced in the new testament.

I have nothing against Christians or Christians, but I cannot for the life of my imagine how homophobic Christians match their homophobic view with a loving and caring God....

17. Pain

Pain Guest

While it sounds a good idea, imo, because everyone has the right to their own opinions, they make it sound as if it's against the Day of Silence ideas just with the name. It's an opposite idea making it sound like it's a direct counterargument. And the site is so vague too! It says stuff like "... you are allowed to express your opinion because the Bible gives very clear views on the subject..." or whatever. It really does feel like a subtle way to push religion on people...

18. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I heard about this, it made me pretty sad at first. I do agree that they should be just as free as us to express their beliefs and opinions, but this is just going to cause more damage for those struggling with their sexuality and bullying and discrimination and so forth. People can peacefully try to explain our side to them as said here, but like another poster said these people will most likely not listen to reason or any other view than their own. We'll see, I hope some people can get through to even one of them. But to me it's just another hurtful way of saying we deserve to burn in Hell for who we are. And that, I think, has the potential to do alot more damage than direct bullying.

19. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hahahaha, what a joke. That site is a tool for passive-aggressive bible bashing.

20. Emberstone

The day of silence is to make a point about the evils of bullying.

the day of dialogue is about promoting the basis of bullying.