1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sex Education In Schools - What A Farce!

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Robert, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Cascade

The pens? Nope, lol.

It wasn't too bad, my school was very accepting of homosexual people, we had 2 openly gay guys in the class already and everyone liked them. The school was very pro-gay I guess, homosexuality wasn't talked about but it wasn't discouraged or singled out either.

2. InvaderDez

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To be honest we had sex ed and then a test.. I was the only who watched the vids and got an A!! ._. Everyone else was grossed out but see I watched shows of sex when I was little cuz that's what mom had on.. and I walked in when she fucking her boss... >.> So yeah...

3. TriCube

I went to a Catholic high school too. Our sex ed was a quarter of our freshman year religion class, which I guess makes sense since the teachers did whatever they wanted.

It was actually really really detailed. We learned the reproductive organs. Had quizzes on the anatomy of male/female genitals, learned about contraceptives, STDs, etc. They even showed us a microscopic video of sperm traveling to the egg during intercourse. They did good on the educational part.

The part they messed up on was stating opinion as fact. Of course it being a Catholic school, we were told the church's stance on everything: save sex for marriage, abortion is killing, masturbation is wrong. The thing that pissed me off most, though, was that while we were told to be accepting and understanding of homosexuals, they told us that the church forbids them to have sex because sex is reserved only for man and woman, as the deepest act of love, and for the purpose of conceiving a child. Gay people were to remain celibate. It was so hypocritical, them viewing gays as real people, but restricting a part of their life.

Also, I hated my teacher because she made us take turns reading from a book and I always ended up reading the part about orgasms.

I don't think anyone really paid attention, though. It was pretty funny when the morality teacher's daughter got knocked up junior year.

4. PistolWhip

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    When I was 11 we covered it for half of an hour in school. Catholic school in Ireland so sex was very much taboo. It didn't say anything about STD's or homosexuality or any other sexuality or masturbation. It was basically a step by step tutorial on how to get a bird pregnant

5. ilovedogs9

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've moved around a lot, so I've had a lot of different experiences. My first middle school went really into detail. In sixth grade we actually watched a graphic video of two people conceiving a child and then an inside look at how the baby is formed and stuff. There was no splitting of the two genders in the room, we just all sat down and learned together about boy and girl body parts and sex and all that. I never learned a thing on the subject from any of the other schools I attended.

#45 ilovedogs9, Mar 1, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
  6. GoinStag

In Loving Memory

I got mine at an alternative school where 1/2 the girls already had children, so my health teacher obviously went a little bit more into detail. We learned about every type of contraceptive imaginable....apparently female condoms make a funny squeeky noise when the girl's gettin slammed? I didn't know that lol. We also learned about precum and all that good stuff haha.

7. JRNagoya

I went to school on a military base in England so the curriculum was pretty much American. This was about 1990. There was one animated sex ed video I remember watching. Firstly, it kind of blew my mind that you could show naked girls, guys with erections, and wet dreams in animated style. The second part that got my attention - I was much more interested in the cartoon guy's hard on than the dream he had of a jiggly, topless girl. As for homosexuality, I don't think it was taught at all. I would say anything I learned, I picked up from friends and from the streets - mainly, gay is bad and you get beat up for it.

8. Gerit

We had one day a year dedicated to this - and the only thing that the 'teachers' (Not sure if I should even call them that) crammed down our throats was ABSTINENCE ABSTINENCE ABSTINENCE - Not that there's anything particularly long with that; I plan to be a virgin until I marry the right man. What annoyed me though was that they shoved religion down our throats (Which, since it's a public school, they shouldn't be able to do) and made it sound like we were going to die when we had sex because we were sure to contract AIDS and suffer gruesomely. *Instructor shows herpes infections*

With my school size I can't expect too much. 70 kids in a public highschool means terrible education.

9. Zooombini

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My elementary school was pretty vague, however my middle school spent two hours a day for three weeks providing very thorough information. Everything from STDs, contraception, pregnancy, rape, how to say no/how to respect her wishes, actual statistics, work sheets, quizzes, anatomy, slang, etc. I don't think they skipped a thing and if they did, someone made sure to ask about it in the "Anonymous Question Box."

My teachers were very open-minded and my favorite teachers sister was a lesbian so he didn't judge based on sexual orientation. Questions regarding homosexuality were asked and answered as accurately as possible and if neither teacher was sure they would look it up. I was really satisfied with my middle school education.