Coming Out Story (Physical Violence Included)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by pompa, Feb 5, 2012.

1. pompa

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    No, it's not bad. One of the reasons I decided to come out is the large amount of social injustice that occurs against the LGBT community and is openly accepted. In some instances gay bashing is almost a right of passage for people. Since I am what many people stereotype as "straight" acting, I am a direct affront to their preconceived notions of what being gay means.

In short, I hope show people that "gayness" shouldn't be treated as an unspoken scary monster in the closet. The reality is that the LGBT community is comprised of people of every kind of background, race, interests, nationality, etc. We are just the same as everybody else and should be treated as such!

2. Tracker57

Congratulations on having such good friends. I hope everything else goes as well for you. (And like the other guys, I am guiltily proud of you for being the violent one.) And like you, I'm inspired by Gareth Thomas's story as well.

3. pompa

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you everyone for the responses and support! It means so much to me.

4. You're a badass. I love that you all cried together. I've never cried in front of any friend, gay, bi, or straight. the only people who have seen me cry is my parents and one girlfriend...

Congrats on coming out

5. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sounds like something out of a movie!

Congrats.