How do you relieve your anger

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Chickzak, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Chickzak

Listening to Eminem is definitely a top stress reliever for me too. Just put it on full blast .. or shove my headphones in to stop the parents complaining, and rap along to his songs. EC is amazing too xD :grin:

2. maverick

I put on fuck-off music and clean stuff. Angrily. :lol:

Or I get on Call of Duty and pretend to shoot people. Cathartic, that.

3. Eleanor Rigby

It's going to sound weird, but as for most negative emotions, I often cry when I'm angry. I can't really explain why. I cry when I'm sad, I cry when I'm upset, I cry when I'm angry, I cry for good things too... I cry a lot :slight_smile: Sometimes it really annoys me, but that's something I can hardly prevent. I remember moments when I was shaking from anger, really meant to tell to the person in front of me what I had on my chest and couldn't because, instead of shouting like every normal person, I bursted in tears instead.

4. Rooni321

I'll blog about it, cry, yell, or break shit lol!

5. LOTRgirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Call of Duty- such a great way to vent out those angry feelings haha. :slight_smile:

But most of the time, I write out my feelings. Other times I go and sit on the awesome benches on campus and read a book; there's nothing like escaping your own problems and stepping into the shoes of fictional characters to pull you out of a funk.

I completely agree with the Eminem though; I run to that sometimes which is AMAZING to do when I'm angry. It's like the feelings burst through my feet as I run onto the pavement. Nothing beats that. :slight_smile:

6. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yeah this

:tantrum:

7. TheRoof

I sing really vocally challenging songs by Mariah Carey or Christina Aguilera. It's such a stress or anger reliever when you shout 'thanks for making me fighter' on the top of my lungs :slight_smile:

8. BudderMC

Depends.

If I'm angry-depressed, then I like to hole up in my room/by myself, with some music (either sad or angry, depending on how I feel) and lose myself on the Internet (surfing, gaming, etc.)

If I'm frustrated-angry, I need to put away/leave whatever it is that's frustrating me. That usually involves going for a walk outside (nature is quite calming). Or, if it's a reasonable time, take a nap/sleep.

9. Blkrsn

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I draw. I used to vent anger out in highschool by cutting myself. THAT IS WRONG! I would never do it again.

A friend of mine taught me to vent my anger out instead through art. She said, whenever i feel like hurting myself, instead of picking up a knife, pick up a pencil instead. She was writing a Ben 10 Fan fiction, called All I Can Give or something like that, and told me to draw out a character. So I tried it, whenever I could not take it anymore, I would pick up a pencil, and draw a character. Soon I even found myself colouring them, and teaching myself how to colour on the computer.

I put out nearly 10 pictures that month alone. After that, it got easier, I found that I loved drawing. Now I just draw because I love it! ...though I am currently in an art block...

10. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I sometimes write poems.

11. Hot Pink

I go nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnrrrrgh!!

Then I play video games for a while until I calm down.

12. sugarcubeigloo

I usually just brood for a few minutes. Then I find something amusing about it, get over it, and move on. Anger doesn't really suit me very well. That doesn't mean I don't take things seriously, I'm just not one to default to anger.