being called gay/fagg

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by peanutbutter, Jan 21, 2012.

1. peanutbutter

A young beautiful intelligent funny gorgeous young lady who is.my girlfriend. (Love her) this past summer we were walking on a beach just two love birds and a groups of guys called us gay. A old Hispanic guy with his friends said we were cute and respectful.
    a few cars drove by called us fags, gay, sykes and we we r going to hell.

Last. Week this guy saw us walking and asked if he could get between us. Another guy stalked us being creepy and rude
    A few couples crossed the street looking at us weird and disgusted.

I live in Connecticut we have gay marriage its legal and I felt like i lived in the south.

2. pompa

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Maybe you should say, "Gross... How can you love a guy!", or "Eww... Straight people...". haha

On a more serious note, it's probably best just to ignore it. If they get in your face or confrontational, push them back twice as hard. Maybe not the best way to deal with issues, but when it comes to fight or flight, I fight.

#2 pompa, Jan 21, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2012
  3. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sorry to hear this. I don't know much about NE, but I haven't heard that CT is the greatest of places. Then again, entirely possible my source was biased. Plus a lesbian couple I know (they are both completely adorable together btw) is moving there this year, they seem to really like it. But, having the law behind you doesn't always mean everybody else is behind you too. :icon_sad:

How do you react when people treat you this way? It used to really bother my ex, he didn't take it very well. I'm more the kind of person who will get offended and in their face about it. I suppose it has its merits, and its downsides.

4. Vesper

People like that are everywhere, even in the most gay-friendly cities and states. When they taunt or hurl slurs, their intent is to provoke you, so pay them no heed, unless they threaten you verbally or physically.

5. stuwee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Water off a ducks back I say, sorry you had it happen, but we're not there yet in the acceptence factor, I've had straight buddies who look very hip and cool get call Fags!! They found it funny and a bit unnerving at the same time.

Please give the folks from the south a chance, they can be more accepting than the brutal NE folks ( I lived in NYC in the 1980's).

6. peanutbutter

When I'm with her we just hold each other tighter. I do fear sometimes that when I'm alone something might happen and my families response will be that's what you get get for living that life style

---------- Post added 23rd Jan 2012 at 02:28 AM ----------

7. javgier

my sister calls me fag..... wonder if shes gunna stop when she figures out that i really am XD