Feminine or Masculine Lesbians?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BroadwayDreamer, Jan 19, 2012.

1. breakingboxes

Feminine or androgynous... not completely masculine...

2. Wellie Boots

Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't think I would really know untill I met the right person, but probably someone more feminine with long hair just so I could mess about with it.

3. Pinstripe

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I love curves on a woman, so I guess I'd say feminine. Then again, the androgynous look can be hot too, and I also like short hair.

4. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I prefer feminine women.

I see what people mean about femmes being pushed out of the LGBT community because I often find myself feeling like this. It's nothing against butch lesbians, and they have every right to be if that is how they are, but they appear very dominant within the LGBT population and I feel like there's a bit of stigma surrounding lesbians who are feminine, like myself. I often get told that I "dress very straight" and it's been suggested to me before that "maybe you'd have more success if you dressed gayer", which I found offensive because my sexuality ought to have nothing to do with the way I dress.

That said, I also feel like feminine lesbians are quite hard to come by. Of the ones I currently know, I'm not really attracted to any of them and they are made up of predominantly androgynous/masculine females (except for a few).

5. WillowMaiden

WillowMaiden Guest

I would like be able to look feminine when I want and androgynous when I want. In terms of my type, I like feminine looking women, but I don't deny that androgynous women are good looking too. If the androgynous ones had the right kind of personality I would go for it. I don't discriminate really. At this point whoever I deem a good person for me and will have me is alright. haha :slight_smile:

6. Tiny Catastrophe

I like girly girls (like my girlfriend). Nothing against the more masculine looking girls, I'm just attracted to feminine looking women.

7. Daisy1

I prefer feminine women, but I think that a few masculine or boyish traits can be hot as well, like being slightly muscular or very fit.

8. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm wondering how everyone actually categorises people into femme or butch. I'm really neither (which has the added wonderful bonus of meaning I'm not anyone's type), and I have a number of female friends who don't really fit into the femme or butch categories either.

9. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Maddy, I also don't really fit into a category. Many people probably don't.

10. Homo Novus

Androooooooo. *drool*

11. Alex94

Alex94 Guest

I really have no preference as to feminine or masculine, but I do however seem to have a thing for chocolate. Idk, maybe I am just a wierdo! :wink:

12. Noir

I guess...more on the masculine side, but not too much. I like girls who are pretty like femme girls but have really short hair and dress more on the guy side in jeans as opposed to skirts and dresses.

13. ICTOAUN

I am considered masculine I guess. I think I fall right in the middle. I wear boyish girl clothes. Wear make up. But I like doing boyish things. Idk.
    And I'm into more feminine lesbians. Not superrr girly. Just naturally pretty and down to earth girls. I'm not into the model types. I think kelly clarkson was super hot when she first started her career. Not into her hardcore punker style but damn her face and body and voice is attractive to me. Ha so there is am example of the girlss I think r hot. (Carrie underwood, and hayden panettiere aren't bad either. Also, I have a thing for black girls.)

14. SilhouetteDream

I like ALL the girls!
    Femme, butch, everything in between (although I tend to steer away from the extremely feminine girls, and extremely masculine girls)

But I really like me them androgynous girls c:

15. Allecto

I tend to like femme and androgynous girls. Soft butches can be hot, but I don't find stone butches attractive at all.

16. dreamcatcher

I guess femme girls? But honestly, I don't really know. People become more attractive to me as I get to know them better. I could say I wouldn't date a butch girl because right now they don't really do much for be me but if I met a girl who really clicked with me and she was butch, well then I would probably find her a lot more attractive and definitely go out with her. So on first glance, I guess I would say femme. But the reality is I could probably be with anyone as long as well... they're girls and we click well together.

17. sokk

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    THANK YOU! This is what I mean! I basically agree with everything you say here. I realize that femme lesbians are in the minority, and that butch women are the majority, but that shouldn't really matter. We all like girls, we all have that in common, so why can't we get along? I am sick and tired of people telling me I'm not a real lesbian because I'm femme. People are so hateful and narrow minded. I don't know why they hate us so much. I have seen a lot and I mean A LOT of hate for femme lesbians and bisexuals. I don't get it. And I do feel that femme lesbians are pushed out of the lesbian community, unfortunately :frowning2: This is why I always say that I like girls, but I'm not really a lesbian, because I don't identify with the lesbian community. The only thing we have in common is that we all like girls.

I didn't mean to offend anyone.. It's just that I like more feminine looking girls, but if others like butch girls then I think that's great! But we should all be able to respect each other's choices, and we should all be included. I don't like how some lesbians are pushed out of the community because we don't fit in that square box most lesbians have of how a lesbian should act or look like.. I think that's very narrow minded.

18. maverick

Okay...let's just get one thing straight (pun absolutely intended). Butch girls are not at fault for the fact that closeted femmes read as straight girls.

The only reason masculine women seem to dominate the lesbian community is because we (and I use that term loosely, because I identify more as a transgendered guy than a masculine woman, but I'm close enough for the terms of this conversation) generally have little choice but to be out - masculine women are assumed by society to be gay, while feminine ones are assumed to be straight. There are not more butch lesbians, we're just more obvious to the casual observer.

I don't believe at all that butch women push feminine women out of the LGBT community. Hell, most butch women are attracted to feminine women. I think that a lot more feminine lesbians stay in the closet because they have the option to do so. If you're a feminine lesbian and you're gay, but you don't tell anyone, how can you expect anybody who isn't a telepath to figure it out? It's hard enough to figure out when people you KNOW are gay are interested in you.

Back on topic, as to my own "type", I'd say that I feel in a lot of respects exactly like a straight guy - I'm masculine and I'm attracted to pretty girls. That being said, I would never write anyone off, regardless of gender or biological sex - personality is my only dealbreaker.

Sure, I find myself more sexually attracted to feminine women, but there are a lot more things that drive attraction than physical attributes for me. If you're the hottest femme in the room and you're dumb as a box of bricks, or catty, or whiny...we're not going to get on well. And while I might not be as physically attracted to a butch girl on first impression, if we had enough common interests and I respected her enough, I could probably develop an infatuation given enough time to know her.

That being said, as a "masculine female" I think it would be rather awkward for me to date someone like me. It would feel...well...gay. :lol: I imagine it would be along the lines of dating an actual guy for me. I'd never say never, but it's probably a situation that would be initiated by the other party, not me.

19. (*hug*) to all the butches.

i dont have a type at all. ive dated all over the spectrum, but even though im femme i feel for butch women. (or w/e you call yourself.... basically not femme :grin:)

girls who are like 'i like girls who look like girls' what kind of statement is that?
    whether youre butch or femme.... you still look like a woman when youre naked.

thats just like saying a straight guy cant date a girl with short hair cuz 'she doesnt look like a woman'.
    its stupid.

rant over.
    but no i dont have a preference, just.... female :icon_wink

20. Queeran

Queeran Guest

I don't really rule any "type" of woman out. I'm highly attracted to more androgynous women though.