1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buy Lots of Girl Scout Cookies.

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Chip, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So a bunch of conservative bigots are now taking aim at the Girl Scouts, trying to say that it's filled with liberals indoctrinating and corrupting our youth by <horror!> educating them about sex, allowing transgendered scouts, and so forth... and they are calling for a boycott of Girl Scout Cookies.

Here's the crap they are circulating:
    [​IMG]

I propose that people spread the word to buy MORE Girl Scout Cookies than ever before, and those who support the messages of inclusion and equality that the Girl Scouts are sending out, but have never bought Girl Scout cookies before, consider buying a box or three :slight_smile:

2. Emberstone

not that I support the homoerotic strangluation of women in music videos... but ever since snooty-mc-shits-on-what-it-means-to-be-a-girl-scout told us to boycott girl scout cookies because she is a transphobic, idiotic mouth breather, I have decided to buy twice as many girl scout cookies this year in protest of anti-girl scout protests.

3. Sunsetting

Sunsetting Guest

haha, i'm sorry, but WHO is snooty-mc-shits-on-what-it-means-to-be-a-girl-scout?? lol

4. Emberstone

there is a thread in this same forum that has boycott girl scout cookies in the title. it will link you to her video where she is angry that the girl scouts allow transgendered children.

5. grimAuxiliatrix

Sooooo buying girls scout cookies this year. :grin:

6. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I remember when I first saw this picture, my reaction was, "...so, you want me to buy more of their cookies? Because that's what I'm getting from this." I can't wait for them to come to our campus again. I'm going to walk in there and be like, "I would like to buy ALL of your thin mints!"

[​IMG]

7. Zontar

if you cross your eyes, it looks like a 3d pamphlet

8. Allecto

Buying all the Thin Mints this year. Omnomnonom.

9. RedState

You people need to make up your friggin minds.

First you want to boycott the Girl Scouts because they...i don't know...didn't applaud when you walked in the room or whatever...

Now you want to completely "gobble them up" for lack of a better phrase.

Choose one path and stick with it..Jesus it's like a tennis match in here sometimes.

But you know..all that doesn't matter...because the Alabama Crimson Tide won their 14th National Football Championship...so all is right in the world.

Roll Tide.

#9 RedState, Jan 14, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2012
  10. Emberstone

wait... so in both girl scout threads, we are supportive of the girl scouts for the good they do, and for also being inclusive, and allowing transgendered girls to participate, helping to ease the struggles transgendered children face when trying to be who they are...

and that means we hate the girl scouts?

I don't remeber seeing anyone attacking the girl scout organization in this forums, RedState.

11. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Did people here really suggest boycotting the Girl Scouts? They've always been a pretty progressive organization as far as human rights and I can't remember anyone credible (other than the religious crazies) calling for boycotts of them in the past.

But... about this applauding business, they've *always* applauded when I walk in the room so I don't know what that's about :dry:

12. seeksanctuary

I do believe it was the Boy Scouts people were protesting. Not the Girl Scouts.

13. Emberstone

yah, well when you look into the organization, it does not take long to find much about the Boy Scouts of America to criticize.

The only criticizem I have for the Girl Scouts is that cookie time is too short. it tends to be a month long. But then again, if the cookies were out year round, or even for half a year, then they would not be as special, and the girls would probably not make as much for their troops, so I guess I will suffering with dignity when my thin mints and trefoils run out.

14. Bedroom Hymns

I'd buy tons of cookies if I was in the US.

I love cookies. Even more than cocks.

15. Emberstone

omgawd, totally just had a idea. a spray that you spray on your partners penis to make it taste like mint cookies... then you can have the best of both worlds... *runs off to patent it... wait... what do you mean Bain Capital already got the patent for it?*

16. Bedroom Hymns

OH MY GOD YOU'RE A FUCKING GENIUS, MAN.

That's probably the best idea I've ever heard of (!). Seriously. Hahahaha, it's not fair, they somehow stole your idea!!!

17. RedState

>>>They've always applauded when I walk in the room

I'm glad to see that someone other than me has that effect on a room :slight_smile:

And perhaps I misread...but I was simply recalling some thread about boycotting them. Apologies if that was not what it was about.

#17 RedState, Jan 15, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2012
  18. Red87

I sit here now munching on my Samoa's, and they are delicious. Screw whatever right-wingers might think.

19. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I need some Samoas in my system anyways. So I'm stocking up on that shit when I can!

20. Emberstone

my area starts selling girl scout cookies on febuary 17th. Cant wait. I hope that they get the lemonade cookies in, or the savannah smiles (those are coming out just this year, and they are delicious. my aunt brought her sample boxes she got for overseeing the cookie sales for her area. we enjoyed them for thanksgiving).

my grandmother gave me a box of thin mints that were in her freezer, and im trying to make them last till then.